This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Move over salted caramel…salted butterscotch is in town. This Salted Butterscotch Fudge is an easy homemade candy recipe that’s sweet with the perfect hit of salt. It’s an EASY fudge recipe too – with pecans!
Table of Contents
This time of year, otherwise known as the holiday season, the only thing I love more than fudge is an EASY fudge recipe, and today I’ve got one for you: butterscotch nut fudge! Yes, we’re passing over the chocolate and making fudge with butterscotch chips, and – spoiler alert – it’s incredible.
Best Way to Make Butterscotch Fudge
This fudge is ridiculously easy. You don’t need a candy thermometer, and you don’t have to wonder if it will set up right. This easy butterscotch condensed milk fudge turns out perfectly every time.
This easy recipe works with any kind of chips (chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate chips, whatever) and sweetened condensed milk. It’s SO good, you don’t need a ton of ingredients, and it takes 5 minutes to prep. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill.
Since this is a butterscotch version, I add toasted pecans because they go hand-in-hand with butterscotch chips (like in these hand pies). It’s seriously the best combo!
To take them up a notch, I mix in and sprinkle sea salt over the top of the fudge before it sets. If you love salted caramel, it’s the same idea – it adds a touch of gourmet and makes the most delicious fudge.
This butterscotch fudge recipe with condensed milk is one of my personal favorites – it’s just the best! It’s such a simple recipe, but the flavor and texture are so amazing. Everyone will love a taste of this sweet treat!
Ingredients in Salted Butterscotch Fudge
Butterscotch Chips: You need 3 cups (which is about 1 1/2 packages, so buy 2!)
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This makes the magic happen for the fudge – by melting it with the chips it creates fudge.
Vanilla Extract: Added after melting, for flavor.
Chopped Pecans: These are optional but taste so good. Toast the pecans for extra flavor!
Salt: Sprinkle the top with sea salt or kosher salt
How to Make Easy Butterscotch Fudge
- Prep all your ingredients. Line an 8″ or 9″ square baking pan with foil and coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine the butterscotch chips and sweetened condensed milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Warm them up over low heat and stir until the chips have melted and the mixture is smooth. Don’t be tempted to adjust the heat to medium heat – the key is to melt the chips slowly over low.
- Once the mixture is smooth, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla, toasted pecans, and salt.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared square pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the salt over the top.
- Cool the fudge at room temperature, and then refrigerate it until it’s firm. This will take at least three hours. Once firm, slice the fudge into small pieces and store them in an airtight container.
This is the best fudge recipe and a great addition to dessert platters. A little goes a long way, so you can make a batch and give some away to all your family and friends! No one can resist a taste of the delicious fudge – you will love it!
Nope! Feel free to omit it and make plain butterscotch fudge.
Place the butterscotch chips and sweetened condensed in a microwave-safe bowl. Warm them in 30-second increments and stir between each one until the mixture is smooth.
Keep it in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also store it in the refrigerator.
Yes, it freezes great!
Be sure to use full-fat sweetened condensed milk because fat-free doesn’t work in this recipe. Also, be sure to measure the butterscotch chips accurately.
More Easy Fudge Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Salted Butterscotch Fudge
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups butterscotch chips (close to 2 bags)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- Line a 9”x9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Toast your pecans in a small frying pan over low heat. Stir continuously, and do not walk away. It will take just a minute or two, and they burn very fast. As soon as you smell them, remove them from the heat and place on a plate or a cookie sheet to cool.
- Place butterscotch chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until all three are melted together. Keep the heat on low and do not walk away!
- Once the butterscotch and milk are melted together, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour into prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with salt. Let cool until room temperature, then refrigerate until firm.
This Salted Butterscotch Fudge is an easy homemade candy recipe that’s sweet, rich, and perfect with a hint of salt.
Last Updated on December 4, 2021