This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This easy Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad is sure to be a huge hit! With apples, pecans, bacon, and a balsamic vinaigrette, it’s one of our favorite salad recipes. Brussels sprouts salad is the perfect fall salad for weeknight dinners or holiday meals.
Table of Contents
Delicious Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad
I’m a Brussels sprouts fan, but I know plenty of people who say they aren’t, so I convert them by making this salad. Seriously, people who swear they hate them LOVE this salad.
It’s all about the roasting. I find that roasting Brussels sprouts until they’re tender and crispy around the edges makes even the people who don’t like them fall in love with them. Roasting vegetables, in general, makes them taste fantastic, and Brussels sprouts are no different.
Brussel sprouts are bitter, but when you roast them, the natural sweetness is drawn out, making them taste incredible. Add some bacon, apples, nuts, and a balsamic dressing, and they taste even better.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s a great side dish for meals, but I also love it for lunch.
- I’ve put brussel sprouts in salad for parties, and people who think they’re not Brussels sprouts fans fall in love with it. They’re always so surprised!
- This is a brussels sprout salad with bacon!
- You will love how easy it is to do and how delicious they are warm from the oven!
What Goes Best in Brussel Sprout Salad
- Fresh Brussels sprouts
- Cooked crumbled bacon
- Sliced apples
- Chopped toasted pecans
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Spring mix or your favorite lettuce
- Balsamic dressing – I like making my own, but sometimes I buy the Panera brand one at the store.
How to Prepare Brussel Sprouts for Salad
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- How to cut Brussel sprouts for salad: Trim the sprouts by slicing off the root end and peeling off any yellowed or dried outer leaves. Slice them in half (or, if they’re large, slice them in thirds). Toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then place them cut-side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Roast them for 30 to 45 minutes or until they are browned and crispy around the edges. Keep an eye on them as they cook and stir or shake the pan occasionally, so they roast evenly. Let them cool on the sheet pan while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Toss the lettuce, apples, nuts, cheese, and crumbled bacon in a large bowl. Add the warm Brussels sprouts and dressing. Toss again to combine, and it’s ready to serve.
- What I love about this roasted Brussel sprout salad recipe is you can make a big batch of roasted brussels sprouts and cooked bacon ahead. This makes it easy to toss the salad together during the week for an easy lunch or side. So, feel free to double the sprouts and bacon and keep them in the fridge.
- I don’t recommend slicing the apples ahead of time because they’ll brown. Also, you can keep the other ingredients separate in the fridge, so it’s easy to assemble the salad.
- Remember, for the best roasted Brussel sprouts, cut them into equal sizes and place them cut-side down on the baking sheet. Also, don’t line your pan with foil – roast them directly on the sheet pan.
- Leftover plain roasted brussels sprouts will keep for three to four days in the refrigerator.
Have you made this recipe?
Click the 5 stars to leave a rating below!
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved
- 4 slices center cut bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups spring mix or other lettuce
- 1 apple, sliced Granny Smith, Fugi, or Gala
- ¼ cup chopped pecans toasted
- ¼ cup goat or blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup balsamic dressing store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- Trim Brussels sprouts: slice off the root end and cut in half (cut them in thirds if they are very large). Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place cut side down on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30-45 minutes, or until browned and crispy on the edges, stirring or shaking the pan occasionally to prevent burning. Cool slightly before adding to salad.
- Assemble the salad: toss lettuce with apples, pecans, cheese, crumbled bacon, and Brussels sprouts. Toss with dressing.
- Serve as soon as you add the sliced apples and dressing. To make ahead, assemble all but the apples and dressing and add those right before serving.
Other Favorite Salads
Brussels Sprout Salad has roasted brussel sprouts and is the perfect fall salad recipe with bacon and balsamic dressing!
Last Updated on January 20, 2023
Delicious and easy to make! We ate half for dinnner and the other half for lunch the next day. If you store the ingedients separately, leftovers taste as good as the fresh salad.
I love this recipe. I have tweaked it a bit. I use spinach instead of salad greens. I used balsamic vinegar mixed with a balsamic blueberry reduction (I ran out of balsamic vinegar, was a wonderful discovery). It was very delicious.
Oh my goodness, this sounds like something your Fairy Godmother would bring to you…..yummm Must try!!!
This looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!!