Pumpkin cookie pie answers the question, Should you make pumpkin cookies or pumpkin pie? Why not BOTH? In ONE pie recipe?? An easy pie crust filled with pumpkin spice cookie dough!
I am in love with my cookie pies, that’s for sure. Funfetti, candy, oatmeal – I’ve made so many! (And I have another one in the works!) I think I love cookie pie so much because it combines two things I love – cookies and pie. Plus, they’re so easy to make.
All you need to make a great cookie pie is a great cookie recipe and a pie crust. They bake up perfect every time! There’s no need to worry about the filling leaking or the cookies spreading too much – cookie pies are practically foolproof.
Since it’s totally pie season and we should all be eating pies for days and weeks (that’s the law in November, right?), why not make a cookie pie for Thanksgiving? Of course, if you’re going to to do that, it should be PUMPKIN.
This pumpkin cookie pie is even easier than all my other cookie pies. You know why? They start with my favorite – Krusteaz mixes!
How to make Pumpkin Cookie Pie
- Line your pie plate with your pie crust – from scratch or one from the store.
- Make the cookie dough as directed on the box.
- Simply press the cookie dough into your prepared pie crust, bake, and top with the glaze.
- How to serve cookie pie: Serve alone or with ice cream and you’ve got the perfect Thanksgiving dessert!!
- Pie Crust: Use my all butter pie crust recipe, or use a box of Krusteaz pie crust, or buy a frozen or refrigerated crust.
- Cookie Mix: You can use any pumpkin cookie mix.
Other Favorite Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Pumpkin Cookie Pie
- 1 recipe All butter pie crust (or one from the store)
- 4-6 tablespoons water
- 1 box Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips optional
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place crust into a standard size 9” pie plate. Crimp edges as desired, removing excess crust as needed. Chill until cookie dough is ready.
- Open Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix and set aside glaze packet. Add the cookie mix, butter, and egg into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. (You can also use a hand mixer or just a wooden spoon.) Mix until dough forms and all ingredients are combined. Stir in white chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
- Press dough into pie crust. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until crust is no longer translucent and cookie seems set in the middle. Cool completely. Make the glaze according to package directions and drizzle over pie. Serve room temperature.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. Pie can be frozen whole or in slices.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This pumpkin cookie pie post was sponsored by Krusteaz as part of my ongoing ambassadorship with them. All opinions are 100% my own.
Last Updated on October 28, 2021
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: November 13, 2015