This Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread is made with refrigerated cinnamon rolls, so it’s quick and easy to make. Each roll is coated in pumpkin spice and then baked in a bundt. Drizzle it with brown sugar butter and icing for the finishing touch!
Table of Contents
What is Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread?
If it’s fall, winter, or holiday time, you can bet I make monkey bread when we want something special for breakfast.
For the fall season, there is nothing better than pumpkin spice cinnamon roll monkey bread. I have to admit I go a little crazy with the pumpkin spice recipes during the fall, but who can blame me? There’s something so cozy about it.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Monkey bread is a fun, decadent breakfast treat. It gets its name because small balls of dough are stacked in a pan and baked. Then, you can pull off pieces of those delicious rolls with your fingers.
- There are about a gazillion variations, and one of my favorites is monkey bread with cinnamon rolls and pumpkin spice. It’s just the best cozy treat for breakfast. Your house will smell amazing when you bake it, and everyone will go nuts when they try it. It’s so good.
- The even better news is that my version is super easy to make with just five ingredients. The secret is to use refrigerated cinnamon rolls – it makes this recipe a breeze to make.
- Oh, and you can make it ahead! It just gets better and better – I can’t wait for you to try this easy monkey bread.
Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls: You can use any kind of canned biscuits, but that’s what I used.
Granulated Sugar: For coating the rolls.
Pumpkin Spice: You can buy the mix, make your own Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice or check out the notes section for how to substitute spices.
Brown Sugar: This is for the caramel-like topping.
Butter: Melted unsalted butter is what is mixed with the brown sugar for that gooey monkey bread topping.
How to Make Easy Monkey Bread with Pumpkin Spice
- You will need a 12-cup bundt pan for this recipe. Spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open the cinnamon rolls and set the icing aside. You will use it after the pumpkin monkey bread is baked. Cut each roll into four pieces.
- Place the sugar, one teaspoon of the pumpkin spice, and the cut-up cinnamon rolls in a gallon-size resealable bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat the pieces with cinnamon sugar. Place the coated pieces in the bundt pan.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and then drizzle it over the rolls in the pan.
- Bake the monkey bread for 40 to 50 minutes at 350°F or until the top is a dark golden brown and the rolls are cooked through.
- Cool the monkey bread for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn it out onto your serving plate. Do this carefully because the pan is hot!
- Combine the rest of the pumpkin spice with the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls. Drizzle the icing over the top of the monkey bread and serve it warm.
Make-Ahead Monkey Bread
It’s so easy to make I don’t usually make it ahead unless I’m hosting a big family brunch or holiday breakfast. When that happens, it saves time in the morning to prep it the night before.
You can prep the whole thing the night before you want to serve it. Coat the rolls, stack them in the pan and drizzle them with the sugar-butter (hold off on the icing – you can keep that in the fridge until you’re ready to use it).
Cover the pan with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator overnight. The following day, preheat your oven, and in it goes! It may need a few extra minutes since it goes into the oven cold.
Once baked, drizzle the icing over the top and serve!
How to Store Monkey Bread
Loosely cover any leftovers with plastic wrap. They will keep for a few days at room temperature, or you can keep them in the refrigerator.
Tips for making Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
- You can also use refrigerated biscuits for this recipe if you want to switch it up. They work great!
- Sometimes it can be a challenge to know when the monkey bread is done baking. The top should be puffed up and a little crispy. You can also check the center by inserting a cake tester or skewer into the center. It should come out clean without resistance.
- Want more of a baking project? Try my homemade monkey bread and use pumpkin spice to give it a fall twist.
Different Variations of Monkey Bread You’ll Enjoy
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice divided
- ½ cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter melted
- Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open each can of cinnamon rolls. Reserve the icing for later. Cut each roll into 4 pieces.
- Place the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice in a gallon size resealable bag. Add the cut-up cinnamon rolls (the pieces will fall apart a little) to the bag. Seal and shake to coat the pieces with cinnamon sugar.
- Stir together the brown sugar and melted butter.
- Place rolls in pan and drizzle with melted butter mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes or until the top is a dark golden brown and the rolls are cooked through.
- Cool 5 minutes then invert the monkey bread onto your serving plate. Do this carefully: the pan is hot!
- Stir remaining ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice into the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls. Drizzle icing over the top of the monkey bread and serve warm.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Easy make ahead Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread starts with cinnamon rolls and is the perfect holiday brunch or breakfast!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: August 22, 2021