Peppermint Mocha Tres Leches Cake – this easy chocolate cake recipe is drenched in peppermint mocha and chocolate milk flavor!
Did y’all have a good weekend? Mine was…interesting. Here’s how it went:
Friday night – Jordan had a friend sleepover.
Saturday morning – friend went home, Jordan couldn’t find her iPod (actually an old phone but it only works on wifi). We looked around, but it was dead so we couldn’t ping it. No worries, we’ll find it later, we had errands to run!
Saturday night – Hmmm….where is the phone? She last had it on her bed…it’s not there. OMG what the heck is all that under her bed? *head exploding* I’ll look on Sunday.
Sunday morning – spend 4 hours completely ripping Jordan’s room apart looking for the phone. Don’t find the phone, but find “put away” laundry under the bed, under the chair and in every desk drawer, scribbled on papers, a library book that was due last week, candy wrappers, 50 socks, 5 bowls, almonds from trail mix (because, obviously mom, I don’t like almonds), and 2 huge bags of clothes that don’t fit her anymore. *head exploding Christmas is cancelled*
Sunday lunchtime – spend an hour looking everywhere in the house.
Sunday afternoon – Oh, we found it…in her friends’ overnight bag.
Silver lining: Jordan’s room is clean. I now have a reminder on my phone to look in all her secret spots once a week and if I don’t like what I see I’m gonna pause her internet. In the meantime, I’m just so glad we finally found it!
By Sunday night was ready for a GINORMOUS glass of Peppermint Mocha Snugglers and a huge slice of this Peppermint Mocha Tres Leches Cake. Nothing says Christmastime like peppermint mocha, right?
Peppermint Mocha Tres Leches Cake is absolutely SOAKED with peppermint mocha flavor.
BTW…what’s the difference between a poke cake and tres leches? I’m really not sure. It’s in the cake AND it’s in the tres leches. If you love that classic Christmas flavor, this cake is for you.
I started with a cake mix and instead of adding water I used International Delight Peppermint Mocha creamer. That makes the cake taste all pepperminty and chocolatey just by itself. You could even stop right there and just frost it and it would be amazing, but really don’t stop there. Add the tres leches sauce, PLEASE.
The sauce is a combination of sweetened condensed milk, chocolate milk, and more creamer. Really, I could drink it with a straw, but it also tastes good poured allllll over cake. Once it soaks in (the longer the better!) you frost the cake with whipped cream or Cool Whip and serve.
Who says plain old tres leches cake gets all the fun? This Peppermint Mocha Tres Leches Cake is top notch guys…I promise.
Brainstorm: I gotta try making this Peppermint Mocha Tres Leches Cake recipe with eggnog, too!!
Peppermint Mocha Tres Leches Cake
- 1 box about 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups peppermint mocha coffee creamer divided
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 1 container 8 ounces Cool Whip (or about 2-3 cups freshly whipped cream)
- Crushed candy canes for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13" pan with nonstick cooking spray. Use the kind with flour, if you have it.
- Whisk (or mix using a hand mixer) the cake mix, eggs, oil, and 1 ¼ cups of creamer until smooth (a couple of minutes). Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate milk, and remaining 1 cup of creamer in a large measuring cup. Use a toothpick to poke several holes all over the top of the slightly cooled cake, then pour the tres leches mixture all over the top. Let it cool completely before frosting and serving. The longer it soaks the better (you can make it the day before, store covered in the refrigerator).
- Before serving, frost with cool whip or whipped cream and a sprinkling of crushed candy canes. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. (It'll last longer with Cool Whip than whipped cream.)
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Last Updated on August 21, 2018
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: December 5, 2016