If you love Nutella and peanut butter you will love this no-bake pie recipe. Basically, it’s a combination of a Nutella pie with a peanut pie to create the ultimate Peanut Butter Nutella pie!
This is an easy no bake pie with a peanut butter cookie crust. It’s peanut butter and chocolate heaven!
I can’t take the credit for this Peanut Butter Nutella Pie, but my husband can because he’s the one that dreamed it up. It’s just one of a trillion things I love about him, his ability to suggest a pie that is a combination of so many things I love: peanut butter, Nutella, and Nutter Butters!
It’s basically a no-bake peanut butter pie but amped up with a layer of Nutella and a peanut butter cookie crust. In my world, there are never enough no bake pies!
You can make this Nutella pie ahead and serve it at room temperature, cold from the fridge or freeze it and serve it frozen. So many options!
Table of Contents
3 Easy No Bake Layers
There are several parts to this recipe, but it’s an easy to make and it’s perfect for entertaining because you can make it ahead of time. Basically, there are three parts:
- No-bake cookie crust
- Peanut butter layer
- Nutella layer
Can I just tell you how amazing this pie is? I mean, just listing out the parts has me craving it all over again. It’s so good.
But I digress. Let’s talk about how to make it! First up, the crust.
Nutter Butter Cookie Crust
I am all about the Nutter Butters – they make a perfect no-bake crust for pie! Nutter Butters are peanut butter cookie sandwiches, and if you can’t find them you can use any sandwich cookie (they make generic versions at most grocery stores).
The best news is that you don’t have to turn on the oven for this easy pie crust. You will want to make it first because it needs time to chill – by the time you finish the filling it will be ready.
Use your food processor to finely crush the cookies and mix them with melted butter. Then just press the mixture into a 9” pie pan. Pop it in the fridge and that’s it. You have to love a super simple pie crust!
Prepare the Whipped Cream
The pie has two layers and each one will need some whipped cream folded in. Homemade whipped cream is so easy to make! For this recipe, all you need is heavy whipping cream and brown sugar. Just whisk the two together until stiff peaks form.
Place the bowl in the fridge while you make the rest of the recipe. That way, it’s nice and cold when you add it to the pie.
How to Make the Layers
- For the Nutella layer, beat softened cream cheese with Nutella and brown sugar until it’s creamy. Fold in ⅓ of the whipped cream and then spread the mixture over the peanut butter cookie crust.
- For the peanut butter layer, follow the same process and beat the peanut butter with cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in the rest of the whipped cream and spread the mixture over the top of the Nutella layer.
At this point, feel free to garnish the pie with crushed Nutter Butters for a little decoration and crunchiness.
FAQ and Tips
Yes you definitely can. See the recipe for amounts.
You can make this pie in advance and the leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Personally, I love this peanut pie frozen – it’s the ultimate cold and creamy treat. Just wrap it tightly before you freeze it.
Make this no-bake pie for all the peanut butter and Nutella fans in your life – it’s always a hit when I make it for mine. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Peanut Butter Nutella Nutter Butter Pie
For the Crust:
- 23 Nutter Butter cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the Nutella Layer:
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
For the Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Mini Nutter Butters , for garnish
- Make the crust: Finely crush Nutter Butters in a food processor. Stir in melted butter and press into the bottoms and sides of a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to use.
- Make the whipped cream: Whip heavy cream and brown sugar in an electric mixer using whisk and a cold bowl until peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
- Make the Nutella layer: Beat Nutella, cream cheese, and brown sugar with a hand mixer until combined. Fold in ⅓ of the whipped cream. Spread in the prepared crust and chill until ready to add the next layer.
- Make the peanut butter layer: Beat peanut butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar with a hand mixer until creamy. Fold in the remaining 2/3 whipped cream. Spread over Nutella layer. Garnish with mini Nutter Butters, if desired.
- This pie is good chilled or room temperature, but it is even better frozen! Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This Peanut Butter Nutella Nutter Butter Pie is an easy no bake peanut butter pie with chocolate! It has both a peanut butter layer and a Nutella later, all in a peanut butter cookie Nutter Butter crust.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: May 31, 2020