This Peanut Butter and Jelly Tart is the BEST pie! It’s a huge peanut butter cookie recipe filled with jelly. PB&J lovers will love this pie!
You’re going to love this peanut butter and jelly tart – it’s so easy to make!
Can I tell you something and you promise to stay my friend?
Yes? Okay, ready?
I don’t really like jelly. I never have.
I especially don’t like jelly with peanut butter, like, in a sandwich. Ew.
Growing up I ate plain peanut butter sandwiches. As an adult I rarely eat peanut butter sandwiches, but I still like them plain. (I’d rather consume my peanut butter in say, a cookie. Or a tart. Or a pie.)
A few years ago I was craving something. Something sweet. and fruity. I really wanted this sweet and fruity thing but I didn’t know what it was.
I made toast for breakfast, opened the fridge to get the butter and saw the strawberry jam. I don’t remember if I was pregnant or what but I had to have that jam (that I hated) and I had to have it on this piece of toast right now.
So I did. And I liked it.
So now I eat jelly on toast. Sometimes. When I’m not being boring and just using butter.
But I won’t eat jelly on a peanut butter sandwich, no way. Not ever.
I’ll save my peanut butter and jelly for this tart, thankyouverymuch.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Tart
I actually made this peanut butter and jelly tart recipe awhile ago…for the teachers on Pie Day. I didn’t get any photos of it cut…as it was for giving away. But I did taste a little bite of it when I dropped it off.
And it was good. So…let’s change it to “I don’t like jelly except in tarts. And on toast. And maybe in cookies?”
So I made this peanut butter and jelly tart and I kinda forgot about it. Oops!
Enjoy, and I hope you find some more yummy peanut butter and jelly treats in the hop below. Maybe I’ll find more jelly things that I’ll eat. 🙂
Peanut Butter & Jelly Tart
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry or your favorite flavor jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 9” fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream peanut butter and butter with both sugars using a mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Press half the dough in the prepared tart pan. Spread with the jam, leaving a ½ inch border around the edge. Drop about half the remaining dough around the top of the jam, and press the remaining half around the border to seal the edges. Bake until golden, 45-50 minutes. Cool completely before removing ring and cutting.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: April 19, 2012