This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
The original Peanut Butter Football Dip – a football shaped sweet dip filled with peanut butter and chocolate!
Peanut Butter Football Dip is the ultimate super bowl recipe! Peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, and sugar mix to make a sweet cheeseball recipe that’s perfect for a party! Shape it like a football for game day!
Table of Contents
Perfect Football Dip for a party!
Chances are you’re reading this because the Super Bowl is coming up, or you just really love football shaped food.
I rarely know who is playing in the super bowl. I only know I’m glad Fantasy Football season is OVER. (Fantasy Widows, you get me, right?
We’ve talked about how much my husband loves football. It’s his outlet and he cannot ever get enough.
Before Jordan was in elementary school I would take her away for the weekend of the Superbowl. We’d come home Monday morning and I’d fast-forward through the DVR’d game to watch the commercials.
Once she got into elementary school and needed to be home Monday morning, my husband solved that problem by conveniently scheduling a business trip in the Bay Area for bright and early Monday morning. That way, he had to go stay at a hotel on Sunday night, rendering him alone to watch the Super Bowl in peace.
Now that she’s a teenager and – gasp – likes watching football, we’ll be hosting a party.
With football dip!
What is a Peanut Butter Football?
It’s like a cheeseball, but it’s peanut butter…with chocolate chips.
This football is the perfect game day appetizer or dessert recipe. Hey, why can’t it be an appetizer? It’s a cheeseball recipe, after all. It’s a peanut butter dip made with cream cheese and perfect for dipping with pretzels. You could even make this into a Reese’s peanut butter dip super easily by swapping out the mini chocolate chips for chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
It’s super easy to make: make your batter and form it into a football, then cover it in chocolate sprinkles (or mini chocolate chips).
Then eat it, with pretzels…or cookies…or a spoon, which is my preferred method.
A Peanut Butter Football Dip is the perfect game day recipe. It’s a sweet cheeseball recipe full of peanut butter and chocolate!
How to make Peanut Butter Football Dip:
- Make sure your cream cheese and butter are room temperature to avoid lumps.
- It’s best if you use a regular store peanut butter (NOT a natural one that requires stirring).
- Make this into a Reese’s Peanut Butter Dip by substituting chopped peanut butter cups for the mini chips.
- Pretzels are great dippers (salty/sweet) but so are apple slices or graham crackers or other cookies.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Peanut Butter Football Dip
- ¼ cup (57g) butter , softened (see note)
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup (256g) peanut butter your choice; crunchy or smooth
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (170g) powdered sugar (up to 2 cups if needed)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips for the outside of the football
- White chocolate or frosting for the football laces
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed (using a hand-held mixer). Mix in vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined. (If you want a stiffer mixture, add the extra ½ cup of powdered sugar.) Mix in chocolate chips.
- Turn out mixture on a large sheet of waxed paper. Use your hands to form into a football shape. (This would also be cute as “lips” for Valentine’s Day!)
- Place the waxed paper onto your serving plate. (It helps if the plate has sides…less mess!) Cover in sprinkles or chocolate chips, pressing them into the surface a little so they stick. Pipe on the laces using melted white chocolate or some leftover frosting and chill until ready to serve.
- Serving suggestion: pretzels, animal crackers, cookies, a spoon.
- I used salted butter to make this originally, so I didn’t add salt. If using unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Other fun sweet dip recipes to try:
- Peanut Butter Cheeseball
- S’mores Cheeseball
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
- Cheesecake Dip
- Click here to see my ultimate Football Party Menu, and here to see more PEANUT BUTTER recipes!
- Peanut Butter Football Cookies
- Mini Brownie Football Pies
Last Updated on January 1, 2023
Made this with crushed Oreo pieces on the outside instead of the sprinkles, it was a huge hit! I recommend this for any occasion, just change the shape and this dessert dip can be festive for any party!
Love the chili cheese dip
My wife made your this for me and the kids. Needless to say we were fighting over who got the last few bites.
My daughter made this for last night’s Super Bowl party and it was raved about by all!❤
I was looking for the perfect football dip with peanut butter and it appears I have found it. I will be making it for my crew and this weekends game.
Love your recipes!
I love this recipe. It’s delicious and you can make it into anything. I’ve done a cactus for a fiesta party (called it “Fat Cactus” and I used green sprinkles with a little bit of chocolate ones to be the needles), a bat for Halloween, obviously a football for the Superbowl. It could easily be a pumpkin shape or Christmas tree too.
t this looks quite good. Better than our team this year.
I love it so much. Thanks for sharing!
I love you because this is AMAZING!