I love blondies. I love peanut butter. I love Butterfingers. So, if I were to put all three into one cookie bar, I think I’d be pretty happy with myself.
Which is why these Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies make me so happy!
You know what doesn’t make me happy? Cell phone companies. Why is it so freaking expensive to have a cell phone?
We pay an exhoribnat amount right now for our two iPhones, on Sprint. They’ve also got us in a vice because our contracts are alternating years and we’re on a family plan, so we can never switch without paying fees.
We went to look at phones and to talk to them about adding my MIL onto our plan. The sales lady kept talking to me about something called “Framily” which is really a thing but I’d never heard of it and I thought she just talked funny or didn’t really know how to say “Family” so I kept wanting to correct her but I’m glad I didn’t.
She also said our three phones and all the fees would be $174 if we bundled with more people on the framily network. Like – strangers. Um, no thanks. Really, it’s over $200/month plus taxes and surcharges and God knows what other hidden fees (like the extra $15 I have to pay for my iPhone 5c I just got in April because it was purchased on my old plan even though the nice people at the Apple Store never mentioned “framily” and if they did I would have thought they’d sucked on too many iPads).
*shakes fist again*
But they have us in a bind, don’t they? I’m addicted to my iPhone and there is no way I’m getting rid of it. That would be like getting rid of oxygen. Or Jordan. Or peanut butter.
I love blondies. As in, I could eat an entire pan if left to my own devices.
I have a standard recipe I love, but today I wanted peanut butter blondies. So I made some.
Actually, I made them twice. The first time wasn’t exactly what I wanted. (Sorry Ashton, I hope you liked them anyway!)
The second time around I reduced the brown sugar (which is shocking, I know) so that the peanut butter flavor could stand out even more. I mean…that’s kind of the point for a peanut butter blondie, right?
Then I added double the Butterfingers because…well. Double that is always better!
Then I gave them away as fast as possible.
But I ate quite a few. Now if only I could pay my cell phone bill with blondies…
That would be a good deal.
Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups chopped Butterfingers divided (24 Fun Size)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cream brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix.
- Stir in 2 cups of the chopped Butterfingers.
- Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands).
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of chopped Butterfingers over the top and press lightly to make them stick to the surface.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook - the center will still be jiggly when you take these out of the oven and they will finish cooking and firming up as they cool.) Cool completely before slicing into squares.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Last Updated on May 13, 2020
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: August 14, 2014