This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
A Midori Martini: the prettiest drink in all the land. This midori drink is a classic recipe and our favorite – a mix of a vodka martini and a midori sour!
Table of Contents
Delicious Midori Martini Drink
We used to love to go to Carmel for couples weekends and on our first trip there (back in 2000) we ate dinner at Il Fornaio. The bartender back then was named Raj. On our first visit with Raj we mentioned we liked midori and I told him I liked vodka. He then served me my most favorite drink ever: a Midori Martini. Every time we visited Carmel after that we went and saw Raj and got Midori Martinis. We sipped them at the marble bar in one of our favorite cities.
And then we moved away. And none of the Midori Martinis I ordered in any other city at any other Il Fornaio or restaurant could compare. Raj’s martini was one of those once-in-a-lifetime recipes. So I created my own!
Why you’ll love this recipe
I love a good vodka drink. Mostly I drink wine because it’s easy but if I’m going for hard alcohol it’s going to be vodka and it’ll most likely be a martini.
I like my vodka drinks tart and sweet…but not too sweet. That’s what I love about this Midori Martini recipe. You can make it to your liking. And it tastes almost identical to the ones Raj used to make us.
Ingredients in a Midori Martini
- Vodka and Midori: use equal parts.
- For a little tart, I add lemon juice.
- For a little sweet, I add simple syrup. It’s easy to make your own simple syrup with equal parts sugar and water. I added 1/2 ounce for my cocktail and it was just perfect for me. Add less or more to your taste.
- And don’t forget the cherry. A good Midori Martini always has a cherry. Not a lime wedge. Not an orange. A cherry.
- Use lots of ice – and shake them several times so the drink gets nice and cold. An icy martini is the best.
- Use a good top tier vodka. We love Tito’s best!
- Fresh lemon juice is best but you can use bottled if needed.
- 1 ounce midori
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¼-½ ounce simple syrup to taste
- Maraschino Cherries for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into glass. Add a cherry for garnish.
Other Favorite Drink Recipes
- Click here to see more DRINK recipes!
- Sugar Cookie Martini
- How to Make Simple Syrup
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Single Serve Sangria
- Lemon Drop Fizz
- Chocolate Martini by Garnish with Lemon
- Rosemary Grapefruit Martini by All Day I Dream About Food
- Blackberry Fizz Martini by Climbing Grier Mountain
A Midori Martini is a simple vodka martini with midori – like a midori sour but stronger!
Last Updated on December 19, 2022