This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
A Kir Royale is a Champagne Cocktail made with Chambord and champagne. It’s a fancy cocktail perfect for date night or a party! It’s so easy to make and great for special occasions.
This is the BEST Champagne Cocktail
Kir Royal is one of my all-time favorite cocktails, and it holds a very special place in my heart. I first had one way back when Mel and I were first dating, and I was hooked – by him and the cocktail! Every time I sip this fruity champagne cocktail, I can’t help but think of those early days with him.
I love this drink because it’s fancy, but it’s so easy to make. You don’t need to go out to have one – with just three ingredients; you can make it at home. It’s an excellent drink for holidays like New Year’s and Valentine’s Day or at-home date nights.
Table of Contents
What is in a Kir Royale
- Champagne, Sparkling Wine or Prosecco: Champagne originates in France and can be pretty expensive, but any sparkling wine, like Italian Prosecco, will substitute nicely.
- Chambord: Chambord is a black raspberry liquor that’s made in France. It comes in a beautiful spherical bottle and is somewhat expensive, but if you’re just using it for Kir Royale cocktails, it will last for a while.
- Lemon Peel: This is for garnish and that pop of citrus is important!
- The key to making the perfect Kir Royale is all in the ratios. The ideal ratio of champagne to Chambord is 5:1. That is, one part Chambord for about five parts champagne. The champagne must be chilled!
- Choosing a Prosecco: Get a dry sparkling wine or Prosecco if you want a sweeter cocktail. For a less sweet drink, get a sparkling wine labeled Brut. Use a good quality one you’d like to drink plain.
How to Make Kir Royale
- This is the easiest drink to make. First, add one ounce of Chambord to each champagne glass. Then just fill each glass with champagne.
- Don’t forget the lemon twirl – that’s the essential part. It adds a bit of acidity to the sweet champagne cocktail, so it’s perfectly balanced. Drag the lemon peel around the glass for a bit of lemon in every sip.
They’re different, but they’re often used interchangeably in drinks. Crème de cassis is a black current liqueur, while Chambord is a raspberry liqueur. They have different flavors, but either can be used in a Kir Royale recipe.
It tastes like sweet berry champagne. So fruity and delicious!
A Kir is a different drink made with white wine and Chambord. A Kir Royale is made with champagne.
- 1 750ml bottle champagne or prosecco
- 5 ounces Chambord
- Lemon for garnish
- Add 1 ounce Chambord to each of 5 champagne flutes.
- Add champagne to fill flute. Garnish with lemon.
Other Holiday Cocktails You’ll Enjoy
- Cranberry Champagne Punch
- Sugar Cookie Martini
- Pink Champagne Punch
- Champagne Vodka Cocktail (French 75)
A Kir Royale is a Champagne Cocktail made with champagne and Chambord. It’s a fancy cocktail that’s perfect for date night or a party!
Last Updated on December 14, 2022