Island Breeze Cocktail
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
A Maui Island Breeze is a cocktail that will make you dream of Hawaii! It’s made with vodka, pineapple juice, and cranberry and is the perfect tropical summer drink recipe.
Plus, this Island Breeze Drink can be made as a single cocktail or a party punch for a crowd!
What is your favorite thing to do on a relaxing vacation? Sleep? Swim? Suntan?
My favorite thing to do on any vacation, especially a relaxing beach vacation, is to read. I can devour book after book while I sit on my lounge chair drinking cocktails. I read two whole books over the week we were in Hawaii. Mel and Jordan spent 8 hours IN the pool, I spent 8 hours next to it, parked in a lounge chair, reading books and drinking Island Breeze Cocktails.
Why can’t that kind of day be every day? #wishfulthinking
Since I’ve been devouring my books lately, I thought I’d share some of my favorites. Most of them come from Kindle Unlimited (which I totally recommend, BTW, if you read a lot) and I’d recommend them all!
- Andy Cohen’s new book, The Andy Cohen Diaries (a perfect beach read, his first book was great too)
- It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell (a fellow food blogger)
- Minutes To Kill (A Scarlet Falls Novel) by Melinda Leigh (it’s a series, read them in order)
- The One That Got Away by Simon Wood
- Special Circumstances by Sheldon Seigel (it’s a 7 book courtroom series – very good!)
- Bone Deep by Debra Webb
What are you reading? I need new ideas because I want to recreate my beach vacation in the backyard. Jordan can swim with Mel and I’ll read a book and drink Maui Island Breezes.
We’ll pretend that the sandblasting heat here in Sacramento is a trade wind off the coast of Maui…or something.
This cocktail was one of my favorites from vacation. I say “one of” because I had a lot. Too many! But I discovered something I didn’t know about myself: I love pineapple juice. Especially when it’s mixed with alcohol!
This cocktail is one of the ones on the menu at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club where we stayed. If I’d have been smart while we were there I would have gone to the grocery store and bought a bottle of vodka and some juice and had cocktails for days. Instead I spent $10 a pop on this drink.
Dare I say it was worth it? It was.
This is a vodka cocktail mixed with pineapple juice and a splash of cranberry. It has the perfect amount of sweet and tart flavor. It goes down like juice, which can be a bad thing in the hot midday sun. Or a good thing, depending on how you look at it.
Garnish it with a cherry and pineapple wedge (or even a slice of lime) and you’ve got a gorgeous cocktail for any party (of one). Or, make this as a punch for a party. That’s what I’m planning to do at our next pool party – I’m going to mix vodka, pineapple juice, and cranberry with some diet soda to make a delicious punch.
(You could even leave out the vodka and let the adults add it themselves. The kids will love a Virgin Island Breeze!)
When you drink this cocktail I want you to think of warm weather, the beach, and a good book. That’s what I’ll be dreaming about!
An Island Breeze Cocktail is a fruity vodka drink made with pineapple and cranberry juice. It’s the perfect drink for one or to make as a party punch!
Well that and how fast I can make myself another one of these babies. 🙂
How to make the best ever vodka drink, an Island Breeze Cocktail:
- I say 1-2 ounces vodka because it depends on how strong you want it. When in doubt add more vodka (or more juice).
- Make it sparkling by adding some soda water.
- When making a pitcher, taste test to make sure it’s not too strong or too weak for your guests.
- I’ve also seen this called a Tropical Bay Breeze, which is what my friend Holly calls it.
Maui Island Breeze Cocktail
To make one cocktail:
- 1-2 ounces vodka
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- Splash of cranberry juice
- Pineapple and a maraschino cherry for garnish optional
To make as a punch:
- 36 ounces pineapple juice
- 12 ounces vodka more or less depending on how strong you want it
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Up to 1L Sparkling water or diet lemon-lime soda as a filler
- Pour all ingredients over ice, stir, and enjoy!