Looking for a NEW way to have pizza? Or a NEW way to eat hummus? Then make my Hummus Pizza Recipe!
This recipe is great for using up what you have: use any crust, any vegetables, and any hummus!
In these times where we’re not going to the grocery store all that often, I’ve become much better at using what we have to make dinner. In the past, I’d just go to the store to get what I was missing to make what I wanted, but I’m not doing that anymore – and I don’t know if I’ll go back to it.
I actually enjoy recipe creation – it’s one of my favorite parts of doing this blog – and that goes for shopping my pantry and refrigerator too! This hummus pizza was born of one of those shopping trips.
Hummus that needed to be used up, a lone zucchini and half a red onion and that tomato almost past its prime – my thought process went into overdrive. And when I saw the can of crescent rolls that expired the next day – well, that sealed the deal:
Hummus pizza is an easy dinner recipe – and it has a crescent roll crust with tons of roasted veggies on top!
Table of Contents
What is hummus pizza?
I know it sounds weird, but it’s not. If you’ve ever had hummus toast – you’ll love this.
If you’ve ever dipped veggies in hummus – or pita in hummus – then you’ll love it too!
This pizza recipe uses hummus for the sauce, veggies for the topping, and goat cheese crumbles as the cheese on top.
The best part about this recipe is that you can make it YOUR WAY with what you have SO easy!
Pizza Crust Ideas
Like I said, I had a can of crescent rolls almost expired, so it was time to use it, and it became my pizza crust. Here are some other ideas for the crust:
- My pizza dough recipe
- WW Pizza Dough (no yeast!)
- Store bought crust (like Boboli)
- Store bought dough (pizza dough in a can or frozen dough, or fresh from the deli)
- Use pita bread
Pre-bake the crust before topping it with the hummus, vegetables, and cheese.
Flavors of Hummus
The beauty of this is that you can use your favorite flavor. I love Sabra Classic, Garlic, Pine Nut…really any flavor, but use what you have and what you like!
You can also use more or less than I did (do you like a saucy or a scant sauce pizza?)
Vegetables to use on Veggie Pizza
I cleaned out my refrigerator to make this, and I roasted my vegetables. To roast your veggies, just put them on a baking sheet with a bit of oil, and roast them at 375°F until they’re tender.
Here are some ideas for what vegetables to use:
- Onion (any kind)
Really, you can use ANY vegetables you have and any combination you like. You can even just heat up leftover veggies for this pizza.
Hummus Pizza Cheese
We aren’t melting cheese on top, so it’s best to do a cheese that doesn’t need to melt:
- Goat Cheese
- Blue Cheese
Use what you like and crumble it on top before serving!
How to serve
This is great as a dinner, with a simple side salad or you can use it as an easy appetizer!
Leave me a comment and tell me what you’d put on your hummus pizza!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Hummus Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube crescent rolls 8 rolls
- 1 small zucchini diced small
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup hummus any flavor
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese or feta
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line one cookie sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick coking spray. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Chop vegetables and place them on the cookie sheet with foil. Spray the vegetables with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until cooked, about 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
- Unroll crescent roll dough on the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Keep the dough in the rectangle and press any seams together. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
- Assemble the pizza: spread the hummus on the crust. Top with roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with goat or feta cheese. Slice and serve immediately.
• Use any vegetables you have. Figure about 4 diced cups vegetables.
• Use any flavor hummus.
• You can easily omit the cheese if you wish.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Hummus Pizza with veggies is an easy dinner or appetizer recipe! This can be vegan or vegetarian! Make Hummus Pizza with crescent roll crust or use naan or pita and any vegetables and hummus flavor. It’s a great 30 minute meal or simple pizza recipe!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: April 28, 2020