This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This hot spinach dip checks so many boxes! It’s rich and creamy with all the classic spinach dip flavors and lots of gooey cheese. Plus, you can make this easy spinach dip ahead of time and just pop it in the oven when you’re ready to serve it. Trust me, it’s a keeper and will be your new go-to appetizer.
Hot Spinach Dip without Mayo!
I used to love ordering spinach dip at restaurants, but then I learned how to make it at home – you won’t believe how easy it is! It’s a no-fuss hot appetizer that’s perfect for entertaining. My easy spinach dip with cream cheese only takes 10 minutes to prep (yes, only 10 minutes!) and it comes out of the oven bubbling hot and so cheesy. It’s seriously one of my favorite easy appetizers to make.
Ingredients In Spinach Dip
Don’t we all have that one person in our lives who can’t stand mayo? I know I do, so this is just another reason to love this spinach dip – no mayo required! All you need is six simple ingredients to make it:
- Softened cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- Dry vegetable soup mix
- Mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff!)
How to Make Creamy Spinach Dip
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream together with an electric mixer. It should be nice and smooth when you’re done.
- Place your thawed spinach on a clean dish towel and wrap it up so you can squeeze all of the excess water out of it. Break up the spinach and add it to the cheese mixture along with the soup mix and mozzarella cheese. Stir until it’s well combined.
- Spread the mixture in an oven proof dish. You can use a pie plate or a 6×8-inch dish. If your dish is a little bigger or smaller it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top of the cheese and spinach mixture.
- Bake the spinach dip for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F or until the edges are lightly golden.
Is Spinach Dip Served Warm or Cold?
There are all kinds of spinach dip recipes and this cheesy spinach dip is best served hot or warm. The best part is all that ooey-gooey cheese, so plan to serve it once you pull it out of the oven.
What do you eat with Spinach Dip?
I love to serve it with crackers or sliced baguette. You can also serve it with veggies on the side for dipping, too – carrot sticks, celery sticks, broccoli or cauliflower florets and even sliced cucumber would be great.
This hot dip recipe is always a favorite appetizer to serve at parties, game-days or other get-togethers with friends and family. I mean, what’s not to love? It’s so easy to make and all that gooey cheese is so hard to resist!
Hot Spinach Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 package dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese not the powdered kind
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth in a large bowl with a hand mixer.
- Place the spinach in a clean kitchen towel (or use several sheets of paper towels). Squeeze to remove all the excess water from the spinach.
- Break up the spinach and add it to the cream cheese mixture with the soup mix and mozzarella. Mix to combine.
- Spread mixture in an oven proof dish (either a pie plate or a 6×8-inch dish or thereabouts). Sprinkle with parmesan.
- At this point, you can cover it with plastic wrap and chill it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just let it come to room temperature before baking.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until hot. The edges will turn golden.
- Serve with crackers or slices of baguette.
Other favorite appetizer recipes:
Hot Spinach Dip is a cheesy spinach dip with cream cheese – no mayo! This dip has tons of classic spinach dip flavor but is hot and gooey – and SO easy to make: it’s in the oven in under 10 minutes and it’s also a make ahead appetizer!
Last Updated on January 14, 2023