Ham and Cheese Croissant Sliders
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media.
Hot Ham and Cheese Croissant Sliders are easy to make for a crowd! Fill butter croissants with ham and cheddar and bake with a buttery mustard and poppy seed sauce.
Thanks to the sponsorship of Walmart, I am bringing you this new twist on a classic slider recipe. It will make you wondering what else you can do with croissants!
I’ll never forget being in Paris with my husband on our second wedding anniversary. We spent four glorious days sightseeing and picnicking and eating all of the best food Paris has to offer. My favorite? Croissants, of course.
Every morning we’d go to the same bakery in the Rue Cler and I’d get a Pan Au Chocolat, otherwise known as a chocolate croissant. My husband loved ordering ham and cheese croissants multiple times a day, for breakfast or lunch. He loves a good ham and cheese sandwich, especially when slathered with mustard.
I was reminded of those croissants a few weeks ago at a potluck. One of the moms brought ham and cheese sliders that had been coated in a mustard and butter sauce. Everyone loved them and I knew I wanted to recreate them.
After all, sliders are always a huge hit. I make them for almost every party but I’ve never tried a ham and cheese until now.
Normally, you see sliders made with dinner rolls, but I decided to switch it up. Why not take the classic ham and cheese slider and use a croissant?
Everyone who tried these thanked me for my idea!
Sliders are so simple to make. You just need a few ingredients and they feed a crowd.
Oven baked Ham and Cheese Croissant Sliders with garlic, mustard, and poppyseed are the perfect party dish!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make the sliders:
- Butter Croissants
Once you have the mini sandwiches assembled, that’s when you create the buttery mustard sauce for over the top. Baking them in the oven melts the cheese and allows the sauce to soak through the croissant, creating a delicious hot sandwich.
When choosing a croissant, you want to choose a good quality one. I’ve had a lot of butter croissants in my lifetime and believe me, not all are created equal. Last time I was at Walmart I saw Marketside All Butter Croissants in the bakery section. I grabbed a box and realized they’re the good kind: genuine all butter with the essence of French baking!
Croissants are such a good substitute for bread or rolls. The rich buttery flavor pairs perfectly with deli meats and cheeses, whatever you choose to dress them up with.
While I was at Walmart I picked up the other ingredients for the sauce:
- Minced Onion
- Poppy Seeds
The way to make a great slider is to melt the butter and mix the other sauce ingredients into it. Then you pour it all over the prepared sandwiches in the pan, ensuring that flavor in every bite.
Tips for making croissant sliders:
- Use any kind of deli meat and/or cheese you like to change up the flavors.
- Cheddar melts best if it’s a thin slice. I like buying the package sliced cheese for this; it’ll melt better.
- If you’re a mustard or mayo lover, add some to the croissants when adding the meat.
- You can make these sliders without poppy seeds if you prefer.
- Use your favorite kind of mustard (yellow or dijon are great choices) for the sauce.
- Salt the sauce to taste, especially if you substitute salted butter.
- Make ahead: make the sandwiches up to a day ahead but add the sauce right before baking.
Ham and Cheese Croissant Sliders
- 1 package Marketside All Butter Croissants — 12 croissants
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices deli cheddar
- Mustard and/or mayo — optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter — melted
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic — crushed
- 1 tablespoon mustard — yellow or dijon
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice each croissant in half. Place the bottom halves in the prepared pan. Spread with mustard or mayo, if desired.
- Place a slice of ham and half a slice of cheddar on each slider. Top with the tops of croissants.
- Whisk metled butter, onion flakes, garlic, mustard, poppyseeds, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over croissants in pan. If needed, use a pastry brush to make sure the croissants are fully coated with the butter mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes then remove the foil. Bake for an additional 3 minutes, or until browned and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1 slider) — Calories: 329, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 58mg, Sodium: 582mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 13g
BBQ Turkey Cheddar Sliders are so delicious!
Use the croissants to make Croissant French Toast!
This post has been sponsored by Walmart. All opinions are 100% my own.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**