This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Hot Ham and Cheese Croissant Sliders are easy to make for a crowd! Fill butter croissants with ham and cheddar and bake with a buttery mustard and poppy seed sauce.
Easy Sliders with Croissants
I love croissants and recently I had ham and cheese sliders at a potluck. Everyone loved them and I knew I wanted to recreate them. After all, sliders are always a huge hit. I make them for almost every party but I’ve never tried a ham and cheese until now.
Normally, you see sliders made with dinner rolls, but I decided to switch it up. Why not take the classic ham and cheese slider and use a croissant? EVERYONE who tried these loved them!
Ingredients in Croissant Sliders
- Butter Croissants
- Minced Onion
- Poppy Seeds
How to make Ham and Cheese Sliders
- First assemble the mini ham and cheese sandwiches by slicing the croissants and filling them with deli ham and cheddar cheese slices.
- Once you have the mini sandwiches assembled, that’s when you create the buttery mustard sauce for over the top. Melt the butter and mix the other sauce ingredients into it. Then you pour it all over the prepared sandwiches in the pan, ensuring that flavor in every bite.
- Bake them in the oven to melt the cheese and allow the sauce to soak through the croissant, creating a delicious hot sandwich.
Croissant Sliders Tips
- Use any kind of deli meat and/or cheese you like to change up the flavors.
- Cheddar melts best if it’s a thin slice. I like buying the package sliced cheese for this; it’ll melt better.
- If you’re a mustard or mayo lover, add some to the croissants when adding the meat.
- You can make these sliders without poppy seeds if you prefer.
- Use your favorite kind of mustard (yellow or dijon are great choices) for the sauce.
- Salt the sauce to taste, especially if you substitute salted butter.
- Make ahead: make the sandwiches up to a day ahead but add the sauce right before baking.
Ham and Cheese Croissant Sliders Recipe
- 12 Butter Croissants
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices deli cheddar
- Mustard and/or mayo optional
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon mustard yellow or dijon
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice each croissant in half. Place the bottom halves in the prepared pan. Spread with mustard or mayo, if desired.
- Place a slice of ham and half a slice of cheddar on each slider. Top with the tops of croissants.
- Whisk metled butter, onion flakes, garlic, mustard, poppyseeds, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over croissants in pan. If needed, use a pastry brush to make sure the croissants are fully coated with the butter mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes then remove the foil. Bake for an additional 3 minutes, or until browned and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Other Fun Recipes
- BBQ Turkey Cheddar Sliders are so delicious!
- Use the croissants to make Croissant French Toast!
- French Dip Pinwheels
Oven baked Ham and Cheese Croissant Sliders with garlic, mustard, and poppyseed are the perfect party dish! Sliders are so simple to make. You just need a few ingredients and they feed a crowd.
Last Updated on January 14, 2023