This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Funfetti Crackle Cookies taste like cake in cookie form! They are a classic crinkle cookie with a buttery flavor, sprinkles, and powdered sugar coating. They’re easy to make from scratch!
Table of Contents
What is a Funfetti Crackle Cookie?
Today’s installment of “how to put a twist on a classic cookie” is all about these funfetti crackle cookies! These cute cookies taste like cake complete with sprinkles and look like classic chocolate crinkles without the chocolate.
Maybe you’ve had chocolate crinkle cookies? Well, these funfetti crackles are made the same way. The dough is rolled in sugar, and when the cookies bake, they crack on top, so you get that crinkled look on top.
You know I love my sprinkles, so, of course, I had to come up with funfetti crinkle cookies! They taste like cake with a buttery rich flavor, and they are super easy to make. Oh, and bonus: It’s a no-chill cookie recipe!
This is such a fun twist on a crinkle cookie recipe – they’re great for birthdays, potlucks, or any time you want cookies with sprinkles.
Ingredients in Crinkle Cookies
All-purpose flour: Be sure to measure it correctly!
Baking Powder and Baking Soda: The combination makes these soft and pillowy!
Salt: Needed since we’re using unsalted butter!
Butter: As usual, use softened unsalted butter
Sugar: I love using both Granulated sugar and Brown sugar
Large eggs: Be sure to buy the right size!
Extracts: Vanilla extract AND Butter extract give these that cake batter taste. OR you can substitute cake batter extract (a newer product from McCormick)
Sprinkles: I used nonpareils – use any color!
Cookie coating: granulated sugar and powdered sugar for a crunch and that crackly look.
How to make Crackle Cookies with Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and both kinds of extracts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until smooth. Add the nonpareils and mix.
- Place granulated sugar and powdered sugar in two separate small bowls. Scoop one tablespoon of cookie dough, roll it in the granulated sugar, and then the powdered sugar. Place the coated cookie dough ball on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough and space the balls two inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 13 minutes or until they are cracked on top, golden on the bottom, and no longer glossy. Cool the cookies for at least 10 minutes before taking them off the baking sheet.
Once the cookies are cooled, you can store them in an airtight container for four days.
You can also freeze them for up to two months. Just be aware that the powdered sugar on top may dissolve when you thaw them.
Can’t find butter extract? You can use almond extract instead. Or, skip both extracts and use one teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or the seeds from one vanilla bean.
More Funfetti Recipes You Should Try
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Funfetti Crackle Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon butter extract
- ¼ cup (85g) nonpareils (any colors)
- ⅓ cup (67g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (57g) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, ¾ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and both extracts. Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth, then mix in nonpareils.
- Place granulated sugar and powdered sugar in two separate small bowls.
- Scoop 1-tablespoon balls of cookie dough and roll them first in the granulated sugar to coat then in the powdered sugar. Make sure to give them a heavy coating of the powdered sugar. Place them 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until cracked on top, golden on the bottom and no longer glossy. Cool at least 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can freeze these for up to 2 months but note that the cracked powdered sugar on top may dissolve during thawing.
Funfetti Crackle Cookies are a classic crinkle cookie that taste like cake! Full of sprinkles these are a homemade from scratch cookie recipe that’s so soft with a crunchy outside.