This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Easy breakfast burritos are one of my favorite things to make for breakfast. Thay are…well- easy, and so delicious!
Table of Contents
Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe
It’s a great twist on a regular Mexican burrito that feels right when eating it first thing in the morning. I love them because they are easy to take on the go and it’s like you’re having a full egg and sausage breakfast just wrapped up in a yummy burrito shell!
- Olive oil
- Red pepper- Diced.
- Green pepper- Diced.
- Yellow onion- Medium-sized and diced.
- Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls- I like to use meat lovers, sausage or bacon flavor.
- Tortillas- Small soft taco-sized.
- Salsa- To taste.
- Cilantro- For flavor.
How to Make Easy Breakfast Burritos
- Cook pepper and onion: Cook the peppers and onion in olive oil until they are soft, for about 5-8 minutes. Remove them from heat. (This can be done up to 2 days in advance. Store them in the refrigerator and reheat as needed.)
- Heat Breakfast bowls: While the peppers cook, heat both Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls according to the package directions.
- Assemble burritos: Top each tortilla with half of a breakfast bowl, then add 1/4 of the pepper mixture, salsa and cilantro to taste. Fold in both ends of the tortilla and roll into a burrito.
- Serve: Eat immediately while warm, that’s when they taste best! You can also refrigerate for up to 24 hours and reheat before eating for a quick and easy breakfast.
For some extra flavor I like to coat the inside or my tortillas with a bit of butter and toast them ever so slightly so they are nice and warm. This adds some extra flavor and makes the tortilla yummy and chewy!
If your breakfast burritos turn out soggy it’s because the filling was running and probably didn’t cook long enough. You want the meat and ingredients to be not too dry but also not dripping with grease or it will soak the tortilla.
Yes they can! I recommend freezing the filling separate and then putting it into the tortilla when you are ready to eat. Always store in an airtight container!
I like to reheat my breakfast burrito in an air fryer. It cooks them perfectly and avoids any soggyness.
Have you made this recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Easy Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 2 Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls Meat Lovers, Sausage or Bacon flavor
- 4-6 soft taco sized tortillas
- Salsa to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Cook peppers and onion in olive oil until soft, 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat. (This can be done up to 2 days in advance. Store them in the refrigerator and reheat as needed.)
- While the peppers cook, heat both Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls according to package directions.
- Assemble burritos: Top each tortilla with half of a breakfast bowl, then add 1/4 of the pepper mixture, and salsa and cilantro to taste. Fold in both ends of the tortilla and roll into a burrito.
- Eat immediately while warm, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours, reheating before eating.
- We love making these semi-homemade breakfast burritos – if you can’t find the bowls you can use any brand.
Other Favorite Easy Breakfasts
These Breakfast Burritos are so simple to make and so delicious – these freeze well too for easy breakfasts!
Last Updated on January 5, 2023