This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you like rich chocolate and mint, these Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies are for you. They are easy to make and great for a cookie swap. Plus, you can customize them with your favorite Hershey Kisses – there are lots of possibilities! These are chocolate blossom cookies with mint kisses – PERFECTION!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’ve ever gone to Panera during the holidays, you might have tried their chocolate mint crinkle cookies – they’re so good, right? I have to admit I’ve had my fair share, so I figured it was time to come up with my own inspired recipe!
Chocolate crinkle cookies are classic Christmas cookie. Their powdered sugar coating looks like snow, and they’re so pretty with their crackled tops. I’ve combined a classic blossom cookie with a crinkle cookie for the ultimate mint chocolate crinkle cookies for this recipe.
Each cookie has a mint truffle Hershey Kiss on top, so you get the best of both worlds. A decadent chocolate mint with the fudgy chocolate crackle cookie. It really is to die for and a great cookie for platters, dessert trays, or for keeping all to yourself.
Not into mint? That’s okay! You can use any flavor of kisses that you like for this recipe. So, feel free to experiment with making your own unique holiday cookie.
This is an easy recipe to make, and the crackle blossom cookies are freezer-friendly for up to three months. So, it’s a great make-ahead Christmas cookie recipe if you want to get a head start on your baking!
Ingredients in Chocolate Mint Crinkles
All-Purpose Flour: Be sure to measure it correctly.
Cocoa: Unsweetened cocoa powder gives that rich taste.
Baking Powder: The powder instead of soda keeps these nice and pillowy.
Salt: Needed, since we’re using vegetable oil.
Vegetable Oil: Classic crinkles use oil, not butter.
Brown Sugar: This is where mine are a little different – I use brown sugar! Be sure to pack it.
Large Eggs: Provide structure.
Vanilla Extract: Be sure to buy PURE vanilla.
Powdered Sugar: For coating the cookies.
Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses: Or use another flavor you like!
How to Make Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. At low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- To make the dough balls, scoop one tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the dough balls for 30 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F. Pour the powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll the balls in the sugar, so they are evenly coated. Place them on the prepared cookie sheets. Evenly space them apart, but they won’t spread much.
- Bake the crackle blossoms for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies, are slightly flattened and crackled on the top. Remove them from the oven and, while they’re still hot, press a Hershey Kiss in the center of each one. Cool them on the pan before removing them.
Tips for Making Chocolate Blossom Cookies
- You can customize these blossom cookies by changing up the kisses. Regular Hershey Kisses, peppermint, almond, or any other flavor you like will work!
- Don’t move the cookie sheets once you’ve pressed the kisses on top of the cookies. The candy can collapse, so avoid moving the pans until the cookies have thoroughly cooled.
- How to store blossom cookies: Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to three days at room temperature. Or, you can freeze them for up to three months. Chocolate and mint just goes with the holiday season, so these are definitely a must-make! They’re easy to make, share, and eat. Maybe too easy to eat – I usually hide them in the freezer, so I’m not tempted! Give them a try – I know you’ll love them.
More Blossom Cookie Versions You’ll Love
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (57g) powdered sugar for coating
- 36 Mint Truffle Hershey’s Kisses see note
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, mix oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. You don’t need to space them; we’re going to chill the dough.
- Chill the cookies at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Roll the cookies in the powdered sugar then evenly space them on the cookie sheet (they won’t spread much).
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly flatter and crackled on the top. Remove from oven and immediately press an Kiss in the center of each cookie. Let cool completely before removing.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Use any kind of Hershey’s Kiss you want – peppermint, regular, almond or any flavor goes great with the chocolate crinkle cookie.
- Do not move the cookie sheets once you’ve added the Kiss on top – the flavored kisses are delicate an will collapse if not allowed to re-firm up after they melt from the hot cookies.
These Chocolate Mint Kiss Crinkle Cookies are a mix between chocolate crinkles and the classic blossom cookie. It’s the ultimate mint chocolate cookie!
Last Updated on December 12, 2021