This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you love cookies with nuts you will love this recipe! These Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are soft and gooey with lots of chocolate chips and pecans. Make them with pecans or use your favorite nuts instead!
I guarantee this will be your favorite nutty chocolate chip cookies once you try the recipe.
One thing I love about creating cookie recipes is that once you have a fantastic cookie base you can literally create countless cookie recipes by switching up the add-ins. And I’ve got a great one for you today: Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies!
These are basically my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with nuts added in. Specifically, pecans because they pair perfectly with the chocolate. The cookies have the best texture – soft and ooey-gooey from all the chocolate chips with loads of crunchy pecans. They really are the best pecan chocolate chip cookies!
But, here’s the deal: if you don’t like pecans you can substitute your favorite type of nuts, like walnuts. It’s easy to put your own nutty spin on these cookies (ha!)
Table of Contents
- You only need one bowl to make this chocolate chip pecan cookie recipe! You can also use a hand mixer or stand mixer – whichever you have will work.
- Be sure to plan ahead when you make these cookies because the dough needs time to chill. I know, I know! But trust me on this one – chilling the dough for two hours makes a big difference and the cookies will bake up with the most amazing texture.
- Have your baking sheets and plastic wrap handy – once you make the dough you can scoop it into balls and chill them right on the baking sheet covered in the wrap.
I have made the base for these cookies so many times I’ve lost count and every step serves a purpose. Follow the recipe and I guarantee you will have the most amazing batch of fresh-baked cookies when you’re done.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies with Nuts
- Melted unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour
- Semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
Tip: Before you get to mixing make sure you’re measuring your ingredients the correct way. Did you know how you measure sugar and flour makes a big difference in how your cookies turn out? Be sure to check out my posts all about How to Measure Sugar and How to Measure Flour for lots of tips.
- Mix the wet ingredients – Place the melted butter in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add the granulated and brown sugars and mix on low until the mixture is smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients – Add the baking soda and salt and mix to combine. Slowly add the flour and mix just until the batter comes together and is smooth. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl while you’re mixing. Slowly mix in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Chill the dough – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop two tablespoons of dough for each cookie ball and place them on the baking sheet. Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and chill the cookie dough balls for at least two hours.
- Bake the cookies – Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the cookie dough to the new baking sheet and space each ball two inches apart. Bake the cookies for 11 to 15 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown and the tops are no longer glossy. Cool them for 10 minutes before transferring to a baking rack.
So, these don’t tend to last long at our house but if you have more willpower than we do the cookies will keep at room temperature for several days in an airtight container.
I know you’re going to love these chocolate chip pecan cookies! Every bite has the perfect combination of melted chocolate and crunchy pecans wrapped up in a soft cookie. I bet you can’t eat just one!
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- Note: This dough requires chilling.
- Place melted butter in a large bowl. (You can also use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer.) Add granulated and brown sugars and stir until the mixture is smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake for about 9-12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking, until the top is just no longer glossy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
If you love Chocolate Chip Cookies with nuts then these are the perfect cookies for you! Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are soft and gooey cookies filled with pecans, but you can use walnuts or your favorite nuts! This is the best cookie recipe.