Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies
We can pretend cookies with trail mix count as breakfast, right? Especially if they’re Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies?
Jordan has started begging for a TV in her room. I mean, the girl already has a Chromebook she watches YouTube and Netflix on, but no, that’s not good enough. Now she wants a TV so she can watch live TV and HGTV whenever she wants to.
In all honesty, I had a TV at her age, and I was ready to give her one 6 months ago, but Mel is the holdout. At this point though he’s starting to jump on board, even if only because then she’ll go upstairs at 7:30 without complaining and we can actually binge watch Damages and, I don’t know, have a conversation that doesn’t involve Taylor Swift.
I told Jordan she needed to write an essay about why she deserved a TV in her room, complete with paragraphs and correct punctuation and spelling. Yesterday she shared it with me and I gotta say, girl did some good work. Unfortunately she promised to keep her floor clean in exchange for the TV…so she probably won’t be getting it anytime soon. Although I might just get fed up with her interrupting adult time and drive to the Bay Area myself to get the one my mom has been holding for her.
(Seriously, #firstworldproblems much?)
So, let’s talk about cookies. Specifically, Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies. These are easier than you think to make, and they taste so good. Plus, the trail mix makes them healthy. DUH!
Summer is kicking my bottom, it’s been so crazy busy. A friend of mine moved a few weeks ago and I thought I’d make her some cookies as a housewarming gift. What’s better for a housewarming than cookies? (Well, a few things…like this list of goodies.)
Anyway, I decided that easy cookies > no cookies, so I used a little help from my friends at Krusteaz. I decided to use their Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie Mix (which is, honestly, better than my homemade Oatmeal Cookies) and added some trail mix to them to jazz them up. There are only 4 ingredients in this recipe and you don’t need to chill the dough. You don’t even have to use a hand or a stand mixer!
Summer = EASY recipes, and this one is that!
I used my favorite monster trail mix from Target, but you can use any kind of trail mix you like. And if you need more housewarming ideas, check out my post over on Krusteaz!
Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
Total Time:20 minutes
These Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies are such an easy oatmeal cookie recipe. They start with a Krusteaz mix and are filled with trail mix!
- 1 Krusteaz Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups trail mix
- You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or just a wooden spoon to make these cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Stir or mix together the cookie mix, butter, and egg until the dough is combined. Stir in the trail mix.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon size balls of dough onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2" between each cookie ball. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms just start to turn golden brown. Cool completely before removing from cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Don't want to use the Krusteaz mix? No problem, use my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe instead.