get new recipes in your email box:

Sep 10

Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Dip

Oh. My. Gosh. YOU GUYS. This dip! It’s peanut butter. It’s brownie batter. It’s got PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese.

It’s, like, the perfect party food!!

Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Dip - totally from scratch, this dip is perfect for any party!

September is in full swing. Football has started, everyone is in school, TV shows are coming off hiatus. You know what that means? The holidays are just around the corner.

Don’t hate the messenger, hate the message. It’s true: there is less than 4 months until Christmas. Less than 3 for Thanksgiving. That means you need to start thinking about party foods! I bet that, between school parties, birthday parties,  your brother’s college football game, your sister’s Halloween party, and the inevitable holidays, you’ll either attend or host at least a few parties over the next few months. I, for one, start thinking about what I’m serving way in advance.

{Hello, Pinterest, you are my BFF.}

One of my favorite things to serve at any party is dip. Sweet or savory, dips are the easiest things to make and everyone loves them. Whether it’s Buffalo Chicken Dip, Pepperoni Pizza Dip, a cheese ball, a fruit dip, a cake batter dip, or a cookie dough dip, dip appetizers are the perfect dish. In fact, have a wide range of dips at a party and you don’t even need to serve real food.

How else am I going to get my fruit and vegetables at a party? The dip is the reason we all eat those baby carrots, and you know it.

This dip marries two of my absolute favorite things: peanut butter and brownies. And don’t worry, there aren’t all sorts of chemicals in the brownie half. Yes, I used a mix – my own Homemade Brownie Mix. I keep a jar of it in the cupboard at all times for brownie emergencies.

Believe it or not, those happen more often than you’d like to think.

I made the dip in two parts: one part peanut butter, one part brownie batter. Then I served it side-by-side in a bowl, yin and yang style, and swirled the center.  I don’t think it gets much better than this!

Not only does it taste amazing (hello, peanut butter and brownie) but it comes together in minutes and only dirties one bowl and one set of beaters. No washing in between!

The base of this dip, and of most of my other sweet dips, is PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. I use the silver package because I think it’s the best. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese is made with fresh local milk and wholesome cream, and it’s farm to their fridge in just six days. There are no preservatives and they use real ingredients, not ones you can’t pronounce.

It really is the best cream cheese and I’m not just saying that. I really, truly, 100% believe it!

Besides the cream cheese, the bulk of the dip comes from greek yogurt. I used plain greek yogurt for my dip, but you can use vanilla instead. If you’re not a greek yogurt fan, you can use regular yogurt (plain or vanilla) or you can even use Cool Whip. These options allow you to control the sugar (and protein) content of your dip. The plain yogurt yielded that slight greek yogurt tang, which I think complimented the rich peanut butter and sweet brownie perfectly. Use what you like to make your dip.

This peanut butter brownie batter dip is perfect served with pretzels or graham crackers or even apples. If it were up to me, I’d probably serve it with cookies, but that might get me some weird looks from my husband.

I also ate a lot of this with a spoon. #dontjudgeme

I mean, really. Homemade brownie mix, peanut butter, and cream cheese. Is there anything better?

Not much, I don’t think. 🙂

Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Dip

Yield: 3 cups dip

Total Time: 30 minutes

This sweet dip will be the hit of any party! Brownie batter and peanut butter are both mixed with cream cheese and yogurt to create a sweet dip that's perfect for serving with apples, pretzels, graham crackers, or a spoon!

Ingredients:

• 8 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, room temperature, divided
  • 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
  • 1 cup vanilla or plain greek yogurt (or regular yogurt or Cool Whip, see note)
  • 1 cup Homemade Brownie Mix
  • Mini chocolate chips and/or peanuts for garnish, if desired
  • Dippers: pretzels, graham crackers, mini cookies, apples, celery, etc.

Directions:

1. Place 4 ounces of cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add granulated sugar, peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup yogurt. Place mixture in a serving bowl (I kept mine to one side, so that I could put the brownie half on the other side, then swirl.)
  2. Place the remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese in the same mixing bowl. Mix with your electric mixer (no need to wash the beaters in between) until smooth. Mix in the brownie mix and 1 teaspoon vanilla. (Do this slow so you don’t wear the mix!) Mix until smooth. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. Place in the other half of your serving bowl.
  3. Take a knife or the back of a wooden spoon and swirl the two dips together. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and/or peanuts for serving. Serve with assorted dippers.

Notes:

The sweetness of the dip will depend on the kind of yogurt you use. Plain greek yogurt or regular yogurt will have a more tangy taste than vanilla yogurt. You can also substitute Cool Whip for a sweeter, creamier dip.

Snickers Dip

Snickers Dip (1 of 6)w

Pecan Pie Dip

Pecan Pie Dip (3 of 6)w

Peanut Butter Football Dip

peanut-butter-football (1 of 4)w

66 comments on “Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Dip

1. I can’t believe how fast this year has flown by so far, Dorothy! You’re right, Christmas is just around the corner! And this dip looks amazing! Absolutely love that you combined peanut butter and brownie batter to make this delicious treat. Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:42 am

Thanks for the pin Gayle!

2. Don’t rush me to the holidays! It’s still July 4th in my head! 🙂
    This dip looks like it could get me through winter, though. Love the idea of using your homemade brownie mix!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:42 am

Right? Me too, but oh gosh. It’ll be here soon!

3. This looks so addicting, as in, I really shouldn’t make this because it’ll all be devoured with a spoon! But then again, it’s not swimsuit season any more…

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:42 am

HOORAY for sweater season!! 🙂

4. I love that it’s two-toned and there’s some swirls of color change..you can really see all the flavors it has going! And love that it’s no-bake, and easy. Yeah, I need more recipes like this! Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:42 am

Thanks for the pin Averie!!

5. I love, love this time of the year – all the holidays coming up! And you are totally right – every party needs a good dip. Well this one looks PERFECT and the flavors – obsessed! Pinned 🙂

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:41 am

Thanks for the pin Chelsea!

6. The swirls of chocolate and peanut butter (or really heaven!) look so amazing. I need to try dessert dips. Very fun!

7. Two of my favorite things too. This has to be amazing!
    Pinned.
    Have a great Wednesday Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:41 am

Thanks for the pin Melanie!

8. I don’t want the holidays to come too fast. We are will be moving right in the midst of it all… I do think this dip would be a great snack in between packing and unpacking, though.

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:41 am

I know, I don’t want them to come fast either. But my calendar is already full October…so I know they’ll be here soon!

9. Yum! The peanut butter… the cream cheese… the brownie batter! I’d have to use graham crackers as my dipper of choice, and maybe a few apple slices so I can call it “healthy!” 🙂

10. Oh my! Having this around could be dangerous! Loving this dessert dip! Pinned!

11. Oh my gosh, this looks incredible!!!!

12. This looks incredible Dorothy! Peanut butter and brownies together in a dip? Genius idea! Love that it’s two toned too – looks so pretty – pinning!

13. Oh heck yes, this sounds delicious!!! I’m all about the dips and snacks. Just ask my hips 🙂

14. This recipe is definitely joining my dip collection!! I always say “You can’t be too rich, too thin or have too many dip recipes!” This will be super for the upcoming holidays or heck anytime you need a dish for a party! Thanks for sharing.

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I like that thinking!!

15. My gawdddd! My last meal better have peanut butter, brownie mix, and cream cheese involved. Snickers dip too wouldn’t hurt!

DIVINE!

16. Looks wickedly good!

17. Stop it….I would probably eat this whole bowl in one sitting! It looks too delicious! Love those swirls 🙂

18. Can I assume that we can use a reg brownie mix? Same amount?

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 10th, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Yes you can totally use a regular mix if you’d like. It should be the same amount – you may want to taste test it a little to make sure it’s sweet enough or not too sweet!

19. ugh, the holidays; this year if flying for sure. now pas that dip

20. Oh my!! What a delicious dip!! Thanks for the great recipe!!

21. Or I can crawl in a hole and pretend like the holiday season will magically take care of itself! There’s a plan!

Buuuuutt when that fails…at least I’ll have pinned this fabulous dip! I can see this on the Thanksgiving table instead of turkey, no?

22. LOVE the peanut butter and brownie batter combo! I’ll just take a spoon with that 🙂 Pinned!

23. I’m in love, love, love!!!! This is so genius!! I mean, it doesn’t get any better than brownie batter and peanut butter and cream cheese. Pass the spoon!!

24. Wow! I have no words! In Australia, we hardly ever have any sweet dips (always savoury), but they look like the coolest idea! I would gobble this up like there is no tomorrow.

25. That dip has the perfect swirl….until I face plant in it!

26. What a great idea! Loving the ying and yang style as well. I just made some brownies last night, I think I will now need to make this dip to satisfy my brownie (and peanut butter) cravings, pinned! 😀

27. Yea! I just got work that my two “Dessert Mashups” cookbooks will arrive September 18th instead of October!!!!
    Thanks again Dorothy!! Yer the Bestest!!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 11th, 2014 at 6:43 am

See? Now I want to throw up. Early? OMG. 😉 Thanks for letting me know JP!

28. When we were little, my mom would always swirl a little peanut butter into her brownies before baking and this dip reminds me of those homemade brownies… Pinned to make when I visit her at the end of the month!

29. The homemade brownie mix, do u just add the dry ingredients to the peanutbutter and other ingredients or do u make the while batter to mix in?

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 11th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Just the mix, dry, goes into that half of the batter. The peanut butter batter is separate!

• Danielle replied on September 11th, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Cool thanks

30. I think I definitely need to make this for my next office potluck!

31. Oh, my!!! All I want to do is take that bowl of yummy dip and smash it in my face!!! Forget the cookies, pretzels, and spoons…just the bowl and my face! Love this so very much!!!!

32. Woah that is one amazing-looking dip! I would put everything and anything in a bowl of that…graham crackers..fruit…a spoon… 🙂

33. Pingback: 25 Dip Recipes - Reasons To Skip The Housework

34. This is just the ultimate recipe for a delicious sweet snack! I am obsessed with anything peanut butter related so I can imagine how good this dip must have tasted.. I must recreate the recipe, thanks for sharing it Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 20th, 2014 at 7:15 am

Thanks Thalia! This one is a keeper for sure!

35. Pingback: Monthly Mixer- September

36. Pingback: A Kiddo New Years Eve | 3 Dapper Darlings

37. Pingback: A Kiddo New Years Eve | 3 Dapper Darlings

38. Pingback: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Dip

39. Pingback: 27 Easy Dessert Dips That Anyone Can Make | saya suka party

40. Pingback: Easy Delicious Dessert Dips You Need | WORLD Warotter

41. Pingback: No-Churn Fudgy Brownie Batter Ice Cream - Beyond Frosting

42. Pingback: The Most Decadent Dessert Dips Ever! | UnMotivating

43. in this recipe, how is the flour in the home-made brownie baking mix cooked? Eating raw flour is not very, ummm, wise.

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 12th, 2015 at 7:11 am

It’s not cooked. I eat it raw all the time – have been since I was a kid and I’m not dead yet!

44. Pingback: Death by Chocolate | Glitter Fantasy...

45. Hey Dorothoy, I’m making this recipe for the first time for a work event tomorrow. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to make the brownie batter (eggs, oil, water) or just use the dry brownie mix to add to the rest of the ingredients..??

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 13th, 2015 at 6:23 am

Just the mix! Just add the powder to the dip ingredients. Enjoy!

46. I cannot even deal with how delicious this dip is!!! I have a peanut butter obsession so of course I had to try it.  The taste is so balanced!  I served with apple slices, cinnamon graham crackers, and pretzel crisps.  Also added some small brownie pieces on top before serving 🙂  Thank you for sharing!!