Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
If your kids beg for pancakes but balk at the thought of banana pancakes, make these. They have chocolate chips, which is a guarantee that your kids will eat them.
Plus: chocolate for breakfast? That’s the start of a really good day.
Hang on. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So…maybe it’s a good day. But it’s also a knot-in-the-stomach day. An I-want-wine-at-6am-day.
What if no one likes the book? I poured my heart and soul into it – what if it gets bad reviews? What if NO ONE BUYS IT?
Because it’s early, I can’t have wine. But I can have pancakes! And you know what makes pancakes the best things ever?
When they’re Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
I think banana pancakes are seriously my favorite, but I’m a banana addict. I don’t much like eating them, but I love throwing them in everything from smoothies to bread. And pancakes are my favorite thing to add them to because it’s so easy (and, in my mind, it makes them healthier).
So I added chocolate chips. DUH, gotta even out that “healthier” with chocolate. #truth
Even though Jordan says she hates banana pancakes, I’ve been adding a banana to her Sprinkle Pancakes for years now and she’s never the wiser. But these? These are not “sort-of-banana” pancakes. These babies are like banana bread…in pancake form.
This is my favorite pancake recipe, but I’ve adapted it to be more banana-y by mashing 2 bananas into the batter. I also added some cinnamon because I love cinnamon with my banana anything. Don’t you?
These pancakes are fluffy, light, and full of rich banana flavor. Then I added chocolate because, well. Obviously Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes > Plain Banana Pancakes. I prefer mini chocolate chips but you can use regular. Reduce the amount if you want a less chocolatey pancake.
But if you do that I’m not sure if we can be friends anymore. 😉
And guess what? For “not liking banana pancakes” Jordan ate these for breakfast two days in a row. #momwin
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Yield: 12-14 pancakes, depending on size
Fluffy pancakes filled with bananas and chocolate chips! The perfect indulgent pancake breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 brown-spotted bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350°F, if using one. If not, you’ll preheat your pan just before cooking the pancakes.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, egg, oil, and vanilla in a large measuring cup. Add wet ingredients to dry, add bananas, and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. (1/2 cup will be very chocolatey, so add how many you want depending on how sweet you want the pancakes to be.)
- Spray pan or griddle with cooking spray. Drop desired amount of pancake batter onto preheated griddle or pan. Cook until small bubbles form then flip until the bottom is a light golden brown.
- Serve plain or with maple syrup.
**By the way…Go enter to WIN one of my Cookbooks!! I’ll even sign it if you want. :)**