May 05

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Crescent Rolls

We all know that I love peanut butter. I also love cinnamon. And peanut butter plus cinnamon is one of my favorite combinations.

Especially when you stuff it inside a crescent roll!

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Crescent Rolls - perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snack!

Stuffing things inside Crescent Rolls is one of my favorite ways to make breakfast. I’ve made sweet rolls, stuffed candy inside, and made palmiers. One our favorite special occasion breakfasts are breakfast sausage wrapped in the rolls (they make great road trip food too because they’re even great room temp.)

Ever since I made Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles I am addicted to adding cinnamon to anything I add peanut butter too. If you think it’s weird – don’t. People who make those cookies tell me all the time that they never would have thought of adding cinnamon to peanut butter but they can’t believe how good it is.

For this recipe, I stuffed my favorite combo into crescent rolls and baked them. These are great for breakfast, or brunch, or…a baby shower!

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Crescent Rolls - so easy to make with only 4 ingredients!

People – it’s raining babies around blogland. First it was Lisa. Then Cathy. Now it’s Nikki and Alyssa! You know what’s extra strange? Lisa and Cathy are BFFs in real life…and they’re due almost at the same time. Nikki and Alyssa…same thing!

I’ve met both Nikki and Alyssa at various blog conferences and they’re so super nice. I totally wish I could actually celebrate their baby shower with them! If I did, I’d hope that Alyssa would bring her Caramel Stuffed Nutella Cookies and that Nikki would bring one of her versions of pudding cookies (she’s the queen of them!)

These Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Crescent Rolls would be a hit at a real life baby shower – you’ll love them, I promise.

With only 4 ingredients, these crescent rolls are a snap to make. Make them for the breakfast table or brunch, or freeze them for quick morning breakfasts during the week.

They’re filled with peanut butter and a little dash of cinnamon sugar. Hot out of the oven I roll them in more cinnamon sugar, just like when you make real snickerdoodles. Then, later, once they’ve cooled, I do my patented (not really, it’s just fun to say that) double-roll. I re-roll them a second time in the cinnamon sugar for an extra coat.

{That step is totally optional, but it makes for pretty pictures!}

Warm, they’re like an oozy sweet roll. Room temperature they’re like a new version of a peanut butter sandwich.

That’s a win-win for me!

Congrats Nikki and Alyssa! I’m so happy for both of you!

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Crescent Rolls

Yield: 8 rolls

Super easy and fast, these crescent rolls will become a new family favorite! Peanut butter and cinnamon sugar are rolled in a crescent roll and then rolled in more cinnamon sugar after baking.

• 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
  • 4 teaspoons peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
  2. Stir the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
  3. Unroll crescent rolls and separate triangles. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on 1/3 the thick end of each triangle. Sprinkle each with a pinch of cinnamon sugar. Roll into crescents.
  4. Bake for 8 minutes, until golden brown. While hot dip the tops in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat dipping process once they’ve cooled.
  5. Store cooled rolls in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Can also be frozen for up to one month. Makes for a quick breakfast or snack on busy days!

fiesta

Check out the other baby shower goodies:

Life in the Lofthouse
Mandy’s Recipe Box
Le Crem de la Crumb
Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Mom on Timeout
High Heels and Grills
Love Grows Wild
Then check out some other amazing Crescent Roll recipes!

48 Breakfasts and Desserts using Crescent Rolls

Crescent Roll Ideas

Easy Lemon Cream Danish

Easy-lemon-cream-danish (4 of 7)w

Easy Chocolate Chip Orange Sweet Rolls

easy-chocolate-orange-sweet-rolls (2 of 6)w

Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Monkey Bread

Peanut Butter Monkey Bread Loaf (3 of 7)w

50 Responses to “Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Crescent Rolls”

1. Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness posted on May 5, 2014 at 3:20 am (#)

It totally is raining babies! Must be something in the water! These look delish Dorothy! I LOVE how wasy they are..and chocolate in a flaky, buttery pastry? YES! Pinned

2. Medeja posted on May 5, 2014 at 3:50 am (#)

This is really good idea.. Peanut butter and cinnamon should taste yummy!

3. Chloe @ foodlikecake posted on May 5, 2014 at 4:03 am (#)

These look so good! I love the idea of peanut butter + cinnamon :-) Pinned!

4. Cookbook Queen posted on May 5, 2014 at 4:30 am (#)

These look absolutely perfect!! Love that flavor combo, girl!!

5. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on May 5, 2014 at 4:57 am (#)

Oh my gosh, these look so amazing, Dorothy! Peanut butter and cinnamon are my fave, but rolled up in a crescent roll? Fabulous!

6. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 5, 2014 at 5:05 am (#)

Peanut butter inside soft, doughy warm rolls…yeah, I’d have to have seconds, and then some :) pinned

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 5th, 2014 at 7:16 am

I bet! :) Thanks for the pin Averie, you rock. xo

7. Mir posted on May 5, 2014 at 5:38 am (#)

You had me at peanut butter. And with the cinnamon…heaven! It’s such a great combination!

8. Mandy@Mandy's Recipe Box posted on May 5, 2014 at 5:42 am (#)

Those rolls look heavenly! I could eat a bunch of them! Thanks for joining in with us!

9. Melanie @ Carmel Moments posted on May 5, 2014 at 5:43 am (#)

Love the idea of giving crescent rolls a twist. Looks delicious! Pinning.
    Have a beautiful Monday Dorothy!

10. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on May 5, 2014 at 6:25 am (#)

I love stuffing my crescents, these look beautiful girl!!!

11. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on May 5, 2014 at 6:31 am (#)

So I’m shoving my face with these at the shower – in love!! Pinning!

12. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on May 5, 2014 at 7:05 am (#)

These are fabulous Dorothy! Perfect for any party!

13. Pingback: Chunky Avocado Salsa - Mom On Timeout

14. Pingback: Mexican Tortilla Stack and It's a Baby Shower Fiesta! - Life In The Lofthouse

15. Pingback: Mexican Tortilla Stack - Life In The Lofthouse

16. Holly @ Life in the Lofthouse posted on May 5, 2014 at 8:10 am (#)

A-freakin’-mazing! I could enjoy about 10 of these! Yum :)

17. Matt Robinson posted on May 5, 2014 at 8:37 am (#)

I am full just by looking at these Dorothy! So incredibly good and easy to make. Seriously need to make these soon!

18. Nikki @ Chef in Training posted on May 5, 2014 at 9:09 am (#)

Dorothy! Oh my heck girl! These look SO delicious! Thanks so much for being a part of this fun virtual shower, it meant so much to so many of our close blog friends collaborate and put this together! I appreciate it!

19. Amanda posted on May 5, 2014 at 11:57 am (#)

Oh my, I can’t believe this. I love it, must have it, right now! :)

20. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen posted on May 5, 2014 at 1:02 pm (#)

I’ve actually never tried cinnamon and peanut butter, that sounds so good!

21. Lauren Everson posted on May 5, 2014 at 1:32 pm (#)

So, I’m laying on my couch on bed rest watching Friends and going through foodgawker. I am making these (well my Mom is) right this second! Mine with nutella and hers with peanut butter. Thank you for a pregnancy craving fix!

22. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction posted on May 5, 2014 at 2:02 pm (#)

Perfect party food! I’m all for stuffing warm, tender bread with peanut butter!

23. Alyssa Rivers posted on May 5, 2014 at 2:21 pm (#)

Dorothy this means so much to me!! After a crazy week this put a smile on my face and tears to my eyes. Thanks so much for being apart of this. And of course you brought something amazing! All of my favorite things rolled up into a crescent! XO

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 5th, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I’m glad Alyssa! I’m so sorry about your crazy week. :(

24. How to Philosophize with Cake posted on May 5, 2014 at 3:39 pm (#)

Those look amazing! So doughy and cinnamon-y…bet they would be fab spread with peanut butter for breakfast! :)

25. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on May 5, 2014 at 6:26 pm (#)

These are so cute Dorothy!! And totally perfect for once the babies come (well, I can imagine). With how easy they are to make — and super portable — and lots of PB, they’re basically the most awesome breakfast ever! Cinnamon + PB isn’t all that weird at all. Last night, I topped my vanilla ice cream with a dollop of PB and crushed gingersnap cookies. It was so good, but I bet a sprinkle of cinnamon would make it even better! Too bad my guy finished off all of the gingersnaps after I went to bed last night… Sad day!

26. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on May 5, 2014 at 7:04 pm (#)

I am one of those people who is unsure about pb and cinnamon but hearing you say it’s good, baby it’s got to be!!! I bet these are soooo good right out of the oven!! UGH!

27. Layla @ Brunch Time Baker posted on May 6, 2014 at 7:40 am (#)

Oh how yummy! I’ll take two!! :D

28. Tahnycooks posted on May 6, 2014 at 7:53 am (#)

My mother loves cinnamon and peanut butter together. These look fantastic! I just might have to make these for her! Yum!

29. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on May 6, 2014 at 8:23 am (#)

These are pure genius!!! Seriously genius!

30. Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking posted on May 6, 2014 at 9:13 am (#)

Of course you would stuff crescent rolls with peanut butter!!! It sounds so delicious I can hardly stand it! And the cinnamon sugar on top! Be still my beating heart!

31. Julie @ This Gal Cooks posted on May 6, 2014 at 11:14 am (#)

Whoa! These look crazy good, Dorothy! Give me peanut butter and I’ll be happy.

Congrats to the expecting moms (and the just had a baby mom – I saw Lisa had hers the other day!) and have a great week, Dorothy! Pinned.

32. Mary Frances posted on May 6, 2014 at 11:50 am (#)

*jaw dropping* Peanut butter and cinnamon? Oh goodness, pass me the whole plate, please. These look incredible! And perfect for a baby shower. No kidding, there have been a whole lot of blog showers recently! Little blessing everywhere :)

33. Laurie F. posted on May 6, 2014 at 6:12 pm (#)

Yum! Is there any better spice than cinnamon (well, maybe ginger!). If a big food company ever moves to your area, they should hire you as a food photographer!

34. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on May 7, 2014 at 6:05 am (#)

awwww what a sweet baby fiesta! lol and these crescent rolls look so simple and SO addictive! I actually am not sure if I’ve combined cinnamon and pb together, but I know it must be good!

35. Kelly - Life made Sweeter posted on May 9, 2014 at 3:47 am (#)

These look awesome Dorothy! I love the idea of peanut butter and cinnamon stuffed in these rolls :) So adorable and perfect for a virtual baby shower – congrats to the Alyssa and Nikki :)

36. Jocelyn@Brucrewlife posted on May 9, 2014 at 11:09 pm (#)

You had me at peanut butter and snickerdoodle! :) Love these crescent rolls!

37. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on May 10, 2014 at 11:57 pm (#)

I have to say, I’m one of those people who’s never tried peanut butter and cinnamon. I’m definitely ready to change that.

38. Pingback: Cinnamon Roll Sausage Rolls - Crazy for Crust