Jul 07

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls

If you like peanut butter, you’ll love these Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls. A rich egg yeast dough is filled with gobs of peanut butter and chocolate chips, making for a breakfast your family will love!

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by crazyforcrust.com | These are my favorite cinnamon rolls yet!

I’ve started doing workout classes at the gym again. They really are the best way for me to stay motivated, and I really like classes unless my instructor is trying to kill me.

So, anyway, there I am at Belly, Butt, and Thighs, jumping around, doing squats, plank, and other general unpleasantness, when I catch site of myself in the mirror.

“Hmmm…,” I thought to myself. “I wonder why they put funhouse mirrors in the gym classroom?”

You know, funhouse mirrors? The kind that make you seem squat and fat in the middle when you’re really not?

For a fleeting instant I seriously thought it was a funhouse mirror. Then my hopes were dashed and I realized, no, that’s really old apple-shaped me in the mirror, jumping and jiggling to the dance-mix of Thrift Shop.

I must eat more pears. Or string beans. That would solve my apple problem, right? No?

Okay, I’ll make cinnamon rolls instead. More fun, and they taste way better. Plus, the gym instructors get paid more when people eat Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls. More cinnamon rolls = more people needing to workout = more money for the gym.

It’s basic economy 101.

So since it’s perfectly okay for me to make these, let’s talk about them. They. Are. The. BOMB.

It’s like eating a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast, with chocolate, all hot and melty. But the peanut butter tastes like a peanut butter cup.

I call them cinnamon rolls…but I didn’t put any cinnamon in them. Oh well. Cinnamon Roll, Sweet Roll. Whatev.

GOOD roll.

I like my cinnamon roll dough to be egg based, and I like to use butter for the fat. Because, well. It’s a cinnamon roll. Fat = Good. A few notes about making the dough:

• Make sure your yeast is fresh. I buy jars of yeast and store them in my refrigerator. If it’s past the expiration date, get new yeast.
  • The milk needs to be warm to wake up the yeast. Heat it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds (mine took about 40). My milk was about 120 degrees when I added the yeast. (Tip: use a candy thermometer to measure the temp.)
  • The yeast to milk ratio is small – don’t expect it to bubble after sitting for a few minutes. If it does, great. If not – that’s okay. Mine didn’t bubble. That always makes me nervous…but it still rose!
  • When you’re letting your dough rise, it needs to be in a warm place. It’s summer…so that shouldn’t be a problem. Mine rose high and fast since it’s a bajillion degrees here in Sac. If you’re making this in winter it might take longer to rise…or you’ll need to do the oven method. Red Star Yeast has instructions for that. (I’ve never done it.)

Once your dough is risen, you can fill it as you like. For these Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls, I mixed peanut butter and brown sugar and spread it over the rolled out dough. After sprinkling with chocolate chips, roll, slice, and place in your baking dish.

I don’t like to get up at 3am to make breakfast, so I do all that the day before. Once the rolls are in the pan, I cover them with plastic and put them in the fridge overnight. Then next morning, I take them out, preheat the oven, and then bake them when the oven is ready.

Made ahead cinnamon rolls make for a happy mommy.

You’ll notice the absence of frosting on these. They were so rich and sweet and decadent, I think frosting would have put me over the top. But if you’re all “you must have frosting on cinnamon rolls!” I made some cream cheese frosting for another flavor roll I made the same day, and I’ve included it in this recipe. Cream cheese frosting would have gone perfectly on these!

Plus…I kinda wanted to show them naked. They’re kind of stunning that way.

{Unlike me…}

That reminds me of the point of this post. Cinnamon Rolls make more money for gyms.

So…if they have so much money they could at least spring for the funhouse mirrors that make you look thin.

I’d be all over that in a flash. Kind of like these.

These are some serious rolls. Make them. Then go to the gym. :)

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls

For the Dough:
  • 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
  • 3/4 cup warm non-fat milk (heated to about 120 degrees, about 30-45 seconds in the microwave)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
  • Paddle attachment & dough hook for your mixer
  • For the Filling:
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • For the Frosting (not pictured, see note)
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 4 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract

Make the Dough:
  1. Place milk in a microwave safe measuring cup. Heat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave, until it’s about 120 degrees. Add yeast and stir. Let it sit for a few minutes.
  2. Place sugar, butter, salt, and egg in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until the butter is distributed throughout the liquids, although it may be chunky. Pour in the milk/yeast mixture and stir for a few seconds.
  3. Add flour and stir with the paddle attachment just until the mixture starts to stick to the paddle. Then replace the paddle with the dough hook. Continue mixing on low speed until the dough forms a ball in the center of the bowl.
  4. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place the dough ball in it. Spray the top of the dough ball with cooking spray (lightly) and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 1-2 hours until it doubles in size.
  5. Note on rising: if your house is warm, it should rise no problem. If it’s cold in your house, it may take longer for the dough to rise, so plan accordingly!
  6. Prepare your Rolls:
  7. Stir together the peanut butter and brown sugar.
  8. Once the dough is risen, roll it out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle, about 12” by 9”. Spread the peanut butter filling as evenly as possible over the rectangle, making sure to reach to the sides so the outer rolls have enough filling. The filling isn’t very “spreadable” with a knife, so you can place it around the rectangle and smooth it with your hands. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
  9. Roll the dough up tightly from the long end. Slice it into 9 equal rounds. Place the rolls into a 9” pan or 9 1/2” round pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
  10. At this point, you can let them rise for about 30 minutes-1 hour until they are swelling up in the pan and bake as directed. Or you can do what I do: cover with plastic wrap and stick in the refrigerator overnight until ready to bake.
  11. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. If the rolls have been in the refrigerator, remove them and let them come to room temperature while the oven is preheating. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
  12. Make the frosting (if desired):
  13. These rolls are perfect on their own, but if you want a cream cheese frosting, make it while they bake (or the night before, and store in the refrigerator).
  14. Mix cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer until well blended. Mix in powdered sugar until smooth, stir in vanilla. Frost rolls and serve warm.

Other breakfasts you might like:

Peanut Butter Coffee Cake

peanut-butter-coffee-cake (4 of 5)w

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls 1 words

or check out my Breakfast Pinboard!

Easy Nutella Peanut Butter Glazed Doughnuts by Not Your Momma’s Cookie
Cinnamon Rolls by Something Swanky
Chocolate Silk Pancakes by Dine and Dish

131 Responses to “Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls”

1. Stephanie @ Back For Seconds posted on July 7, 2013 at 1:27 pm (#)

I’m so glad I FINALLY read a blog today. And I’m really glad it was your blog and that you posted this unbelievable recipe! Want.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 7:00 am

That’s how I feel most days Stephanie. And I can’t wait to read your cheesecake post. YUM!

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on July 7, 2013 at 2:04 pm (#)

Dorothy they are ridiculously amazing looking! I didn’t even put PB cinn rolls like this in my PB cookbook – where was I?? :) Pinned! And I can see why you don’t need frosting for these babies – they look so rich and that filling is so thick and stayed intact and didn’t bake out/runoff into a total mess. So impressive!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 7:00 am

Thanks so much for the pin Averie!

3. Summer @ Mallow and Co posted on July 7, 2013 at 2:41 pm (#)

OH. MY. GOSH. I’m am going to pretend I never saw this recipe. I just need to erase it from my mind. These look sooOOoo deliciously unbelievably good and right up my pb-aholic alley!!! And I am so glad you are helping the gym industry. Very altruistic of you ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 7:00 am

LOL, thanks Summer!

4. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on July 7, 2013 at 3:10 pm (#)

ahhhhhhhh you are speaking my language! This is like…everything I need in life

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:59 am

Thanks Kayle!

5. Gail @ BibleLoveNotes.com posted on July 7, 2013 at 3:26 pm (#)

okay…you have really changed my idea of cinnamon rolls…first with this peanut butter recipe and then I had to check out the maple bacon one too. Both recipes look soooo good. I’ve got to give these a try. Thanks!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:59 am

Thanks Gail! Enjoy! I’m all about new flavors for cinnamon rolls. They just are so easy to edit!

6. Wendy posted on July 7, 2013 at 3:38 pm (#)

If you start the Fun House Mirrors In Gyms petition, Dorothy, I will sign twice! I think non-skinny mirrors in gyms are cruel and unusual punishment. I mean, you make yourself get up and go to do all the unpleasant things one does in a gym, the least they could do is not taunt you with mirrors! Sigh. I wish I liked exercise as much as I like cinnamon rolls…..or even as much as I like broccoli. :) I think a pan of these waiting in the morning (or after dinner as dessert) would make everyone happy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:58 am

LOL!! I agree. :)

7. Betsy @JavaCupcake posted on July 7, 2013 at 3:39 pm (#)

I need these rolls in my life…. NOW!!! OMG. And a HUGE glass of milk. *squeeel*

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:58 am

LOL, thanks Betsy!

8. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on July 7, 2013 at 3:43 pm (#)

These look amazing!! I’m in peanut butter love.

9. Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos posted on July 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm (#)

Haha, I think you’re right…gyms need bloggers that make awesome sweets like this = more money for them :) Tastes like a pb cup inside?! I’m all over this ‘breakfast’!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:58 am

Thanks Becca! :)

10. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on July 7, 2013 at 4:28 pm (#)

Dorothy, these are incredible! They look perfect. That filling! It’s so thick and rich. I don’t doubt that they don’t need icing. Pinning these!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:57 am

Thanks for the pin Sally! Yeah, I think frosting would have put me over the edge on these, they are so rich!

11. Alexandra @ Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker posted on July 7, 2013 at 4:39 pm (#)

These are awesome! I’ve seen all kinds of fun “cinnamon rolls” but I’ve yet to see rolls stuffed with peanut butter and chocolate chips, and seriously, WHY NOT? They sound like something I need to make ASAP, and then, like you said, hit the treadmill or something. Haha :) I loved reading your story too; so real and funny!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:57 am

Thanks Alexandra!

12. Carol Ann Gregg posted on July 7, 2013 at 5:39 pm (#)

I go to WW’s site and use the recipe builder for two skinny cookie recipes and then read you blog. Just not fair. Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies just will never stack up to these scruptious rolls. Now what I need is someone who gets up early to have them on the table warm for everyone.

Thanks for sharing.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:56 am

LOL, I do that too. Then I eat what’s in my freezer. :) I need to use the WW site more often….

13. Julie @ This Gal Cooks posted on July 7, 2013 at 5:58 pm (#)

These look absolutely amazing, Dorothy! Pinned and sharing on FB. Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:56 am

Thanks for the pin and the share Julie!

14. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on July 7, 2013 at 6:19 pm (#)

These look amazing Dorothy! Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:56 am

Thanks Lindsay!

15. Paula posted on July 7, 2013 at 6:24 pm (#)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!!! There are no words, my peanut-butter-loving son will freak!! Pinned. Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:55 am

Thanks Paula!!

16. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on July 7, 2013 at 6:25 pm (#)

I used to be a dancer, so I’ve been in a lot of studios and stood in front of a lot of mirrors. Every studio has thin mirrors and fat mirrors, depending on how they’re hung, and some other stuff. Make sure to stand in front of the thin mirror next time, and you may have more fun. ;) Also, these sweet rolls look ridiculous. I’d much rather eat one of these than go to the gym.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:55 am

I need to find the thin mirror! :) Thanks Renee!

17. Erin @ Making Memories posted on July 7, 2013 at 6:33 pm (#)

These look like pure sin. YUM! My goal this summer was to lose some weight. So far, not so good. I’m having too much fun baking =o) These are next on my list. Thanks =o)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:55 am

Ugh, I know. Ditto!

18. Tieghan posted on July 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm (#)

Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously amazing! I need to make them like now!! I love the butter, the peanut butter, the chocolate, the eggs!! It is all awesome!! How did I not think to put peanut butter in cinnamon rolls? Holy Yum!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:55 am

Thanks Tieghan!

19. Tahnycooks posted on July 7, 2013 at 7:48 pm (#)

Hahaha! I’m a fitness instructor too! This made me laugh!!!! Even though I’m a caterer, I also teach Spin, Learn to Run, Body Pump, Yoga and Pilates. I always tell my class I like to feed them my food; then they have to come and work it off….it’s my selfish way to have job security! I would certainly do an extra hour of spinning to eat 1 or 8 of these fabulous looking rolls! Love me some peanut butter!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:54 am

I wish you could be my personal coach! :) I’d pay you in cinnamon rolls…

20. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen posted on July 7, 2013 at 7:49 pm (#)

I love cinnamon rolls for breakfast, I can eat them every day! I love this idea of adding peanut butter – yummm!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:54 am

Me too! Thanks Kristi!

21. Kelly posted on July 7, 2013 at 7:56 pm (#)

These are incredibly phenomenal looking cinnamon rolls Dorothy! They sound heavenly with the peanut butter and chocolate filling and your photos are gorgeous:) Pinning!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:52 am

Thanks Kelly!

22. Nancy @ gottagetbaked posted on July 7, 2013 at 8:07 pm (#)

Dorothy, I am LOVING the peanut butter to dough ratio here – that is some thick, glorious, peanutty filling! Sigh…it feels like all the mirrors in my house are funhouse mirrors lately. My weight has done some serious yo-yo’ing these past two years. Baking and blogging has NOT helped. Oh well. I’ll bake a batch of these to make myself feel better. Then I’ll go to the gym knowing I’ve done my part in keeping the economy afloat ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:51 am

I like your style. I swear, blogging and weight gain are pretty much synonymous. Unless you’re some sort of steel-willed person…and I’m so NOT one of those!

23. Kristin posted on July 8, 2013 at 5:16 am (#)

This would be perfect with my coffee right now. Is it really called Belly, Butt, and Thighs? lol I’ve seen Butts and Guts and Abs and Assets, but not that one.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:50 am

It’s all the same, I bet. Core work, squats, etc. It kills me because at my other gym I did the same sort of class twice a week until December. It was amazing and I was so strong. Then the teacher left and I stopped going. Now I’m so weak, it’s embarrassing, even though I work it on my own!

24. Kathy posted on July 8, 2013 at 6:01 am (#)

Wow, Dorothy! These look incredible! Chocolate and peanut butter in a cinnamon roll?! I bet they are addictive!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:49 am

Very! Thanks Kathy!

25. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on July 8, 2013 at 6:13 am (#)

Ohmylanta these look amazing. A peanut butter cup in a cinnamon roll- I think you’ve hit the peanut butter jackpot! Pinning this :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:49 am

Thanks Faith!

26. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on July 8, 2013 at 6:42 am (#)

Mirrors at the gym should be banned!! But I bet if you brought out a tray of these at the gym, they would disappear in 2 seconds!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:49 am

LOL, totally. :) Thanks Cathy!

27. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on July 8, 2013 at 7:16 am (#)

You are seriously amazing, Dorothy! The only thing that could make a gooey cinnamon roll better would be to add peanut butter and chocolate!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Thanks jessica!

28. Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} posted on July 8, 2013 at 7:21 am (#)

So.freaking.genius!! These sweet rolls / cinnamon rolls / deliciousness rolls look so so so good!! I’m all about this pb and chocolate chip combination.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Thanks Emily!

29. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on July 8, 2013 at 7:44 am (#)

Do you remember that TV commercial (I don’t remember what it was advertising) where a woman had 2 cinnamon rolls attached to her behind? That’s what I thought of … immediately! These rolls are evil … in a yummy good way :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:54 pm

That’s totally me. Except they’re attached on my stomach, lol. :)

30. Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner posted on July 8, 2013 at 8:45 am (#)

Funhouse mirrors! Lol…hysterical. I needed that good laugh on a Monday morning. I purposly stand in a spot in my kick boxing class that is NOT in front of a mirror… I don’t like to look at myself when I’m dressed and posing nicely, so why would I want to look at myself when I’m bouncing around and sweaty. Hehe.
    These cinnamon rolls are crazy! PB and chocolate in them?! What a brilliant idea. Definitely pinning and trying. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:54 pm

That is what I’m doing from now on!! No more mirrors. :)

31. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on July 8, 2013 at 9:54 am (#)

OMG I need these!!!

32. Mr. & Mrs. P posted on July 8, 2013 at 12:12 pm (#)

Love this twist on cinnamon rolls!!! They looks so moist and delicious! Who wouldn’t love these??

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Thank you! :)

33. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry posted on July 8, 2013 at 12:19 pm (#)

I’m kinda wishing I didn’t see this blog post because now I have a craving for these rolls like non other. Sadly though, I am on a cleanse until tomorrow. As soon as I am off it, these cinnamon rolls will not stand a chance.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I give you so much credit for doing a cleanse. OMG I need one!

34. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on July 8, 2013 at 12:28 pm (#)

Oh I have never had peanut butter on cinnamon rolls before. I bet these are amazing!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Thanks Nancy!

35. Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life posted on July 8, 2013 at 1:10 pm (#)

Anything

• Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life replied on July 8th, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Sorry about that previous comment! Wow, anything with PB is a mus make with me. First it was your peanut butter crumble coffee cake and NOW you put it in cinnamon rolls. Thanks for making string beans and pears sound absolutely horrible:) My life won’t be complete until I make this sweet, good, everything amazing roll!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

LOL, thanks Mary Frances!

36. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking posted on July 8, 2013 at 2:47 pm (#)

Holy mouthwatering! The plate of these would never make it to whoever I’d be serving to… I’d keep these all to myself!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:48 pm

LOL, me too…. :)

37. Nessa posted on July 8, 2013 at 3:44 pm (#)

Oooh… yum!

38. Amy posted on July 8, 2013 at 4:40 pm (#)

Are these the ones you made for Jordan’s first sleepover??? They look amazing!! I’d definitely have one or two for breakfast… And then a third for dessert. With a little chocolate syrup drizzled on top. Because, well, it was supposed to be dessert, right? ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 8th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Yes! And I’ve eaten them for dessert and breakfast. :)

• Amy replied on July 8th, 2013 at 10:47 pm

That’s the best kind of baked good — one you can (socially acceptably) eat twice in a day!

39. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on July 8, 2013 at 9:02 pm (#)

We LOVE homemade sweet rolls – it’s one of the only sweets my husband ever specifically requests. I’m going to have to try this version ASAP – these look amazing, Dorothy!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 9th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Thanks Ashley! Enjoy!

40. Sue {munchkin munchies} posted on July 8, 2013 at 11:27 pm (#)

These sound so amazing and look delicious! Peanut butter cinnamon rolls is pure genius! THIS is how I want to get my protein for breakfast:)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 9th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Thanks Sue!

41. Laura@bakinginpyjamas posted on July 9, 2013 at 1:27 am (#)

These look delicious, I can just about imagine the creamy peanut butter, nestled within the dough. Yum!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 9th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Thanks Laura!

42. Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama posted on July 9, 2013 at 6:44 am (#)

Oh wow, Dorothy! These look crazy good! :) Thank you for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week!

43. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on July 9, 2013 at 8:27 am (#)

Naked cinnamon rolls – scandalous! ;)

But seriously, these sound like perfection! I adore peanut butter and I can’t wait to give these a try!

Oh, and thanks so much for linking to my doughnuts! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 9th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

You’re welcome! And thank you!

44. Jamie @lifelovelemons posted on July 9, 2013 at 11:03 am (#)

Everything is right about these. EVERYTHING.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 9th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Thanks Jamie!

45. Billy posted on July 9, 2013 at 8:36 pm (#)

Nom nom nom! That pretty much summarizes it.

Actually, this reminds me that I had some left over pizza dough last week. I made up some cinnamon rolls but glazed them with some nutella. :) Nutella is like bacon…it makes everything better!

Thanks for sharing the great recipe!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 10th, 2013 at 7:05 am

OMG, that sounds amazing! Now I want Nutella…and bacon. Together…

46. Mackenzie @ Cheerios and Lattes posted on July 10, 2013 at 8:07 am (#)

I immediately showed these to my husband who loves all things pb! He is begging me to make them soon! What a great twist on the regular cinnamon roll!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 10th, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Thanks Mackenzie!

47. Lark posted on July 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm (#)

And here I am thinking YOU’RE trying to kill me with all these yummy recipes!
    I have got to loose 10 more lbs. and then I am SO making these bad boys! YUM!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 10th, 2013 at 5:55 pm

LOL, me too. :)

48. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on July 10, 2013 at 7:36 pm (#)

These are calling cottage breakfast for sure. They look amazing.

Don’t we work out so we can eat these things?

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 12th, 2013 at 7:22 am

YES!! My thoughts exactly!

49. Pingback: Crust and Crumbs: books, sugar, random, and home - Crazy for Crust

50. Kristen Duke posted on July 13, 2013 at 8:19 am (#)

Oh my these look so tasty!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 14th, 2013 at 6:29 am

Thanks Kristen!

51. Julie @ This Gal Cooks posted on July 13, 2013 at 8:25 am (#)

Hi Dorothy!
    Just stopping by to let you know that these were the most viewed link at Marvelous Mondays this week so we will be featuring you at tomorrow’s party! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

52. Maegan @ The BakerMama posted on July 13, 2013 at 8:45 am (#)

Peanut butter perfection! I might never make regular cinnamon rolls again!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 14th, 2013 at 6:27 am

I know I won’t! :) Thanks Maegan!

53. Pingback: Marvelous Mondays Link Party- Co-Hosting! All She Cooks

54. Pingback: Marvelous Mondays ~ Link Party and Features 7-14-13 - Call Me PMc

55. Catherine posted on July 15, 2013 at 3:01 pm (#)

Dear Dorothy, These cinnamon buns look absolutely perfect!! I can always go for one of these in the morning…that’s the best way to start the day! I saw your feature on Marvelous Mondays! Congrats! Please do visit soon. Blessings, Catherine xo

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 15th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Thanks Catherine!

56. Pingback: Zucchini Cake Roll with Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling - Crazy for Crust

57. Pingback: Link Party 135 Features

58. Joan@Chocolate and More posted on July 17, 2013 at 7:17 am (#)

You are pure genius for adding peanut butter to the cinnamon rolls. Thanks for sharing at Thursdays Treasures, I’m featuring you this week.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 17th, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Thank you so much for the feature Joan! :)

59. Carolyn D. posted on July 17, 2013 at 3:02 pm (#)

When do you add the chocolate chips?

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 17th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

In with the filling, before rolling!

60. Pingback: Thursday's Treasures Link Party 95 - Chocolate Chocolate and More!

61. Sues posted on July 19, 2013 at 4:20 am (#)

What a fabulous idea! I’m all about peanut butter in anything and cinnamon rolls are always a good idea!! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 19th, 2013 at 9:09 am

Thanks so much!!

62. Pingback: Link Party: Marvelous Mondays #55 - This Gal Cooks

63. Pingback: Cinnamon Roll Recipe Round Up Over 50 Deliciously Drool Worthy Cinnamon Roll Recipes From Around The Web

64. Pingback: Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls - Crazy for Crust

65. Kindra posted on September 23, 2013 at 7:10 am (#)

Just made these for my husband. It’s his birthday today. He is a peanut butter-aholic. I used the crescent roll dough (from your caramel apple rolls) then did 1/3 c peanut butter and 1/3 c nutella. With frosting of course. Sooo good. Thanks.

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 23rd, 2013 at 11:41 am

Ooooooh nutella. YES! That sounds fabulous! I’m glad you liked them!

66. Pingback: Gingerbread Spice Cinnamon Rolls with maple frosting - Crazy for Crust

67. Jenni posted on February 21, 2014 at 4:32 am (#)

Hello Dorothy!
    I’ve been browsnig your blog for an inspiration for tomorrow’s breakfast, when my parents will visit. Found my to-go recipe! These sound delicious! But to be honest- can you go wrong with Chocolate AND Peanut Butter AND Sweet Rolls?? I don’t think so.
    Looking forward to dig into these tomorrow and love that I can shove them in the fridge overnight, so I can sleep in a bit tomorrow! ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 23rd, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I hope you enjoyed them! Thank you Jenni!

• Jenni replied on February 24th, 2014 at 1:13 pm

The Rolls were absolutey delicious!

Even my mum, who usually isn’t all that much into yeast dough baked goods, loved them!
        I had a little bit of a hard time with the dough at first – as usual, when I work with dry yeast. I will make the Rolls with fresh yeast next time. I find, it makes the dough fluffier and a bit…hmm, lighter.
        But I will definitely make these rolls again…and again and again ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 24th, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I’m so glad you liked them Jenni!!

68. Betsy posted on March 8, 2014 at 2:16 pm (#)

Made these this morning! YUM! I didn’t make the frosting, great without. Thanks for sharing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 9th, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I’m so glad you liked them!! Yay!

69. Pingback: Zucchini Cinnamon Rolls - Crazy for Crust

70. Pingback: Almond Sweet Rolls - Crazy for Crust

71. Pingback: Perfect Overnight Cinnamon Rolls {photo tutorial} - Crazy for Crust

72. Pingback: 34 Back-to-School Sweet Bread Recipes