Apr 24

Free Printables for Teacher Appreciation Week {If you give a teacher a…}

Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6-10. Shower your teachers with appreciation using these free Teacher Appreciation Printables!

*Spoiler Alert* If you work at Jordan’s school (hey, thanks for reading BTW!) maybe skip this post! :)

Teacher appreciation collage

If you have kids in elementary school, you probably know about National Teacher Appreciation Week. While I firmly believe in showering teachers with appreciation (and cookies!) all year long, the week of May 6-10 is the official appreciation week. I am in charge of the Hospitality Committee for our PTC; that is I do luncheons and goodies to thank the teachers all year long. So, when it comes to Teacher Appreciation Week, I like to go the extra mile.

These ideas can be used for your entire faculty…or just for your child’s teacher. Adapt them as you need!

Our theme this year is “If you appreciate a teacher…” which is modeled after the amazing book series “If you give a mouse a cookie…” by Laura Numeroff. Each day of the week will have a theme based around that premise.

I’ll be inviting the teachers to appreciation week with an invitation in their boxes on Monday, May 6th.

teacher appreciation invite edited

{Click here for the printable version.}

Even if you’re just appreciating one teacher, you can still use this graphic! Have your child write a little note of thanks on the back. Your teacher will love it!

I’m also giving out a schedule of events, so the teachers know what to expect all week!

schedule of events

{Click here for the printable.}

I think my favorite day of the week will be the cookie day. I’m having my committee bring in cookies for a buffet in the lounge.

If you’re doing something for just a teacher or two, you can print out the labels and clip them to baggies of cookies. May I suggest Thin Sugar Cookies, or maybe Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies? Or even Chocolate Chip Turtle Cookies? Check out my Cookie category for some great ideas!

If you give a teacher cookies and milk

{Click here for the printable tags.}

And, in the interest of the teachers who try and eat healthy, I’m doing an apple day. The committee is filling the lounge with apples…because if you give a teacher an apple…

give teacher apple

{Click here for the printable.}

The link gives you a set of small tags. Print them out, cut them in circles and tape them to an apple for your teacher. A specialty label on an apple – your teachers will get a kick out of that! Or, instead of giving an apple, maybe give them some Caramel Apple Pretzels instead. :)

Friday is going to be a cupcake buffet. I did that last year too, and the teachers loved it. What flavors should I make?

If you’re making cupcakes for your teacher, these Banana Split Cupcakes are sure to be a hit. So are these Strawberry Cheesecake ones. These Chocolate Cake Ball Stuffed Peanut Butter Cupcakes went quick last year – peanut butter and chocolate are never a bad choice! Check out all my Cupcakes for some great ideas!

All of the graphics used in these images are from My Cute Graphics. Go check her out – they are FREE and she has so many cool ones!

Here are a few other ideas for you:

Teacher Appreciation Ideas from last year

Smart Cookie Free Printables

Caramel Apple Pretzels

What are you doing for teacher appreciation?

46 Responses to “Free Printables for Teacher Appreciation Week {If you give a teacher a…}”

1. Tieghan posted on April 24, 2013 at 5:20 am (#)

Su cute and nice ideas!! I would love to be Jordans teacher!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 24th, 2013 at 6:33 am

Thanks Tieghan!

2. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat posted on April 24, 2013 at 5:34 am (#)

I love these ideas! I know quite a few teachers, so this is perfect!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 24th, 2013 at 6:33 am

Thanks Holly!

3. Anne @The Cooking Campaign posted on April 24, 2013 at 9:14 am (#)

Love these ideas! Those are some lucky teachers!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 24th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Thanks Anne! :)

4. Jenny posted on April 24, 2013 at 9:59 am (#)

These are cute! But don’t forget to write a heartfelt note to go with it. I’m a teacher and I know I often appreciate a great handwritten note or card of thanks the most!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 24th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Oh, we will! Thanks Jenny!

5. Sue {munchkin munchies} posted on April 24, 2013 at 10:04 am (#)

Thanks for all the printables and fun ideas, Dorothy! My daughter teaches 1st/2nd grade, AND her birthday is May 6:)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 24th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Well, that’s perfect then!

6. Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground posted on April 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm (#)

THANK YOU for appreciating teachers, Dorothy!!!! As a 1st grade teacher myself, I can share that kind words from parents and students mean SOOOO much to teachers, who truly give their heart and soul to their jobs every day! And goodies sure help us out, too. :-) YOU ROCK for putting together such a wonderful appreciation treat for Jordan’s school!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 24th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Thank you Tracey!

7. Maria posted on April 24, 2013 at 4:51 pm (#)

Hi and thank you for appreciating teachers! I worked in elementary schools for 7 yrs. and always looked forward to this week. Parents made it so special. When I switched jobs and was located at a high school, this week was noted by the principal with an email. I was pretty sad to watch my elementary colleagues getting appreciated with notes, lunches and ice cream sundaes. Thankfully I am back at the elementary level, but I feel for my upper school colleagues. So hopefully when your Jordan gets to that level (before you know it) you can stay involved. Those teachers really need appreciating as their audience isn’t as energetic or enthusiastic as the K-5 group.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 24th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I know that feeling! I taught high school for awhile and never got appreciated! I never even knew Teacher Appreciation existed! You can bet Jordan’s teachers will be honored until she graduates and probably after too. :)

9. Emily ~SoDomesticated~ posted on April 24, 2013 at 7:37 pm (#)

Love these printables for Teacher Appreciation Week!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:19 am

Thanks Emily!

10. Heather @ French Press posted on April 24, 2013 at 7:46 pm (#)

such cute ideas…good thing too – I am in charge of our TA breakfast:)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:19 am

Great! Thanks Heather!

11. Krista Low posted on April 25, 2013 at 5:04 am (#)

This is such a cute idea! I love it. If You Give books are so classic and my boy’s love them. What a wonderful way to celebrate the teachers in our life! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:18 am

Thanks Krista!

12. Erin @ Making Memories posted on April 25, 2013 at 6:55 am (#)

These are perfect, Dorothy! Thank you. I’m working on Teacher Appreciation things this weekend. Can’t wait to make the caramel apple pretzels. They sound wonderful! (And oh, so cute!)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 25th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Enjoy, and thanks Erin!

13. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on April 25, 2013 at 8:34 am (#)

Adorable! Teachers so need to be recognized for the great job they do!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 25th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

They totally do! Thanks Tonia!

14. Karen Moore posted on April 29, 2013 at 7:55 am (#)

Adorable ideas! Wondering what the name of the font you used for the schedule of events – for the daily details? Really cute!

15. lexi posted on April 29, 2013 at 4:38 pm (#)

those are such good ideas!!!!! My schools teacher appreciation week is in 2 weeks. I can’t wait!!! i will make some of your great ideas for it. THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 29th, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Thanks! Enjoy Lexi!

16. Deana posted on April 30, 2013 at 9:42 am (#)

Love this idea! Where might I find a male-teacher version of this “If you appreciate your teacher…” graphic?

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 30th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I don’t have one with a male teacher on it, but you can check out http://www.mycutegraphics.com – that’s where I got the graphics from! There might be a male one. :)

17. Crystal posted on May 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm (#)

These are adorable. I love that series of books. I want to use it for my teacher friends. I wanted to ask you if you had printables for everyday of the teacher appreciation week ideas you posted?

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 4th, 2013 at 7:10 am

I just emailed you! It had attachments, so if you don’t get it check in your spam. :)

• Kelly Primich replied on May 6th, 2013 at 11:52 am

Hi Dorothy – these are adorable ideas. Can you also send me the printables for each day just like in the schedule? I appreciate it.

18. Jessica posted on August 15, 2013 at 6:46 pm (#)

Do you happen to have a copy of the breakfast, snacks, and cupcake printables also? I am a teacher and PTO vice president and love your ideas. I truly appreciate you sharing!

19. Pingback: Free Printables for Teacher Appreciation Week {If you give a teacher a | CRAFT

20. kathryn posted on April 15, 2014 at 1:56 pm (#)

What type of program did you use to make your teacher appreciation docs?

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 15th, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I made them in Word and saved them as a pdf. :)

21. denys hubbard posted on April 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm (#)

I love your “If you give a teacher…”idea! This year our them is Superheros. Any ideas for this? Would love to have the theme run through all our activities and teacher special treats for the week!

22. Brittany posted on April 21, 2014 at 8:48 pm (#)

So so cute! I’m in charge of our Teacher Appreciation this year and would love to use your brilliant ideas and printables! There are a few things we wanted to tweak (like on the Schedule of Events) to fit our needs. Is there a way to do that?

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 23rd, 2014 at 10:35 am

I’m sorry, I don’t have an editable version. But if you use a editing software, or something like picmonkey.com you can crop out the top and then add your own text at the bottom!

23. Beverly Albright posted on April 22, 2014 at 9:32 am (#)

I really love these. I tried to recreate the other days, but can’t locate the font. Do you have copies of the other days to share?

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 23rd, 2014 at 10:33 am

I don’t, I’m sorry! But the fonts are Chalkboard and Sketch Block. I think you can get them free on dafont.com – and Picmonkey.com has sketch block!

24. Danelle posted on April 22, 2014 at 8:26 pm (#)

Would you be willing to share all of your printables for the other days as well?

25. życzenia noworoczne posted on June 30, 2014 at 9:45 am (#)

Thanks in support of sharing such a nice thought, post is fastidious, thats why i have read
    it fully