Dec 05

Triple White Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms

I have this roll of Christmas wrapping paper that has magical powers. No matter how much I use it each year, it never reduces in size. I’m not kidding, really. It’s not even pretty paper, just green with gold writing. I don’t even like it much. But it never goes away, regardless of how much I try.

Every year, I wrap the largest gifts in it. Huge boxes, at least 2 or 3 every year. Plus others. Every. Single. Year. Other rolls of paper get used up. Beautiful papers are long gone, and my ugly green one is still kicking.

Guess how long I’ve been using the magical paper. Just go ahead…take a guess. I’ll wait.

This Christmas will mark the 12th Christmas I’ve used that paper. TWELVE years. And guess what? Mel bought that roll of paper before we even started dating. So it’s older than that.

The roll of paper is over a decade old. It gets used every year. And there is STILL a 2 inch diameter of paper on the roll.

He doesn’t remember where he bought it, but I have a feeling it was Elves R Us.

Seriously. Over twelve years.

You know what doesn’t magically grow and reappear each time you use it? Cookies.

Life just isn’t fair sometimes.

Because these cookies? If they became magical and multiplied like gremlins, I’d be a happy camper.

It’s a white chocolate pudding cookie (or, the best cookies evvverrrrrr) with melted white chocolate in the batter. And then they are topped with a white chocolate Candy Cane Hershey’s Kiss. Triple the white chocolate goodness in one small cookie. And then peppermint. Oh, peppermint. How I love thee.

You know what? They look pretty magical to me. Even if they don’t multiply like rabbits.

Triple White Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms

Yield: 3-4 dozen cookies

Triple White Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
  • 1 box white chocolate instant pudding (3.5 ounces)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 package Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
  • Additional sugar for rolling, if desired

1. Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add pudding mix and blend until combined. Add white chocolate and mix until mixture is smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Mix in baking soda and flour. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
  2. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place about 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl for rolling, if desired. (Cookies will be a little crunchy on the outside with the sugar, if you use it.)
  3. Scoop one tablespoon balls of dough and roll in sugar, or just place on cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes until bottoms just begin to get golden. Remove from oven and immediately press an unwrapped Peppermint Hershey’s Kiss on top. Do not move pan until Kiss is cooled, or it will collapse.
  4. Cookies can be frozen for later consumption, if desired. Place in a ziploc bag between layers of paper towel for best results when freezing.

If you like white chocolate and peppermint, check these out:

White Chocolate Cheesecake Peppermint Cookies

Kiss my Cookie Bark {Peppermint Edition}

White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge in a Jar by Something Swanky

Peppermint Cream Brownie Pie by A Kitchen Addiction

Peppermint Seven Layer Bars by The Domestic Rebel

Enjoy!

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat TuesdayLil’ LunaSweet Treats SaturdayChic-and-CraftyI’m Lovin’ it FridaysStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartySundae Scoop Link Partyand all of these too!

66 Responses to “Triple White Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms”

1. lizy b posted on December 5, 2012 at 5:36 pm (#)

Alright girlfriend….does that paper have gold scripty-kinda letters….and did it probably come from Costco? Cause I have that same dang roll!! The roll that never dies! I hate it! I hate it so much I never use it, but I can’t bear to waste it and throw it away…so you know who uses it? My husband! To wrap my gifts! I’m thinking there has to be some sort of wrapping place donation place…like where they wrap your gifts for you for a donation. They would totally appreciate a wrapping paper roll that never ends, right!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 5th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

OMG YES! That is the SAME ROLL! How strange is that? It must have come from Costco, I can’t see another place selling a wrapping paper roll made for the North Pole inventory. That’s hilarious. :)

2. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on December 5, 2012 at 6:06 pm (#)

Oh my word it looks delicious. As for the wrapping paper, I have a giant roll with evergreens on it and have seriously had it since my hubs and I started dating. I wrapped his first Christmas gift in it, and I still wrap his gifts every year in this paper (it’s been 19 years). Clearly I don’t buy him enough for Christmas, haha!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 5th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Ha! Fun tradition though. :) Thanks Aimee!

3. Jackie posted on December 5, 2012 at 6:25 pm (#)

Oh Dorothy… I love white chocolate and I love peppermint….so will you PLEASE marry me? LOL

• crazyforcrust replied on December 5th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I totally will. :) Thanks, friend!

4. Dianna posted on December 5, 2012 at 7:07 pm (#)

That is AMAZING. The wrapping paper AND the cookies. I’ve taken to buying mini-rolls of wrapping paper, mostly because I’m fickle and can’t stick with one roll for long. Target recently had some cute ones in their Dollar Bins… I don’t think they’ll be lasting long, but this recipe seems like it’s bound to stick around for awhile. :)

• crazyforcrust replied on December 5th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I totally do that now! I want new paper each year. :) Thanks Dianna!

5. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on December 5, 2012 at 7:17 pm (#)

the peppermint/candy cane kisses are my favorite. I wish they were sold year round! And i have to try pudding in cookies, I know… I have yet to do that!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 5th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I know, I’m sad they’re not. And the coconut ones. Oh, why can’t they have them all year round!? Thanks Sally! :)

6. Erin @ Making Memories posted on December 5, 2012 at 7:32 pm (#)

Holy smokes! 12 years??? That must be the mother of all wrapping paper rolls! Why can’t endless wrapping paper be super cool wrapping paper? It never happens.

Love your cookies! They look delish!

7. Joan@Chocolateandmore posted on December 5, 2012 at 8:16 pm (#)

lol, I’ve got a few of those rolls, and they are all ugly! It’s the men, they see these JUMBO rolls and think it’s a good thing. Buy in bulk, who cares how bad all the presents look sitting under the tree for weeks. I always hide those presents in the back. Just give me a plate of these cookies and I’ll stay quiet about it, other wise I might just have to bring this up at the dinner table about the ugly wrapping paper, and we really don’t want that, lol.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 6:23 am

Me too! WAY in the back. :) Thanks Joan!

8. Back For Seconds posted on December 5, 2012 at 8:27 pm (#)

Lol! Elves R Us, hahaha!
    These cookies are so pretty! The peanut butter kiss cookies are a long time fave of mine and these look just as tempting!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 6:23 am

Thanks Stephanie! I know, PB blossoms are the BEST!!! :)

9. Pingback: White Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms | Crazy for Crust

10. Heather @French Press posted on December 5, 2012 at 8:41 pm (#)

I’m just impressed that your husband bought paper – even before you were married. I don’t think I an has ever even wrapped a gift:)

those cookies look divine by the way

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 6:22 am

LOL! I know, right? Thanks Heather!

11. Kristin posted on December 5, 2012 at 9:04 pm (#)

These are what’s been missing from my life/cookbook. If I bake any cookies this year, it will be these!
    Did you think of maybe putting peppermint extract in the batter?

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 6:21 am

I did! But I’m always afraid of peppermint extract – too much is TOO much, you know? I wasn’t feeling in the mood for a possible fail, ha! Next time yes!!!

12. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on December 6, 2012 at 12:18 am (#)

I just posted a white choc + peppermint recipe and now I see these and boy, I want to put my white choc + peppermint to use with one of these babies!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 6:21 am

We seem to be on the same wavelength Averie! :)

13. Luv What You Do posted on December 6, 2012 at 7:09 am (#)

These look so good! Those peppermint kisses are my favorite! I’m not sure I would have any left for the cookies : ) Do you know if these freeze well? I end up baking my cookies early and freezing some of them!

14. Emily posted on December 6, 2012 at 7:55 am (#)

So pretty! I love those kisses… so addictive!

15. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on December 6, 2012 at 7:57 am (#)

Hahahahaah I wish we had some good looking paper like that, but we don’t even have that problem, sadly. All the good paper gets used up and for some reason, my mom likes to be evil and buy some ugly, weirdo wrapping paper each year and I’m typically left with that. SO UNSTYLISH UGH.

I want these cookies to appear and reappear every day for the rest of my life. Period.

16. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on December 6, 2012 at 8:17 am (#)

You know how I feel about pudding cookies:-) And white chocolate ones with peppermint kisses…yes, these need to reappear every single day in my kitchen!!! Love these!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

LOL, thanks Jocelyn! I just made another version today. I can’t stop!

17. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking posted on December 6, 2012 at 8:42 am (#)

We have an ugly paper rolls too! It’s white with the ugliest blue snowflakes :)))I don’t know where hubby get it, but it’s been around long before I met him.
    I love the candy cane kisses, are my absolute favorite! These cookies would disappear in no time around me

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I’m finding mine is not the only husband who buys large rolls of unattractive paper, lol. Thanks Roxana!

18. Becca posted on December 6, 2012 at 9:29 am (#)

These look SO delish!! Found your yummy post via Live Laugh Linky. Definitly following via Pinterest. :)

ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

• crazyforcrust replied on December 6th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Thank you! And thanks for the follow. :)

19. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on December 6, 2012 at 12:44 pm (#)

I love how you packed as much white chocolate as possible into these! :) And the addition of peppermint is just perfect!

20. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on December 6, 2012 at 1:25 pm (#)

As soon as I read about your wrapping paper I knew it had to be from Costco and a brother to mine. Every year, I think “Really?? You’re still here??” I think I’ve decided to start wrapping Santa’s presents in it every year and when it’s still appearing 18 years later, it truly will be magical! haha

beautiful cookies!

21. Janet @ Frugal & Focused posted on December 6, 2012 at 8:00 pm (#)

What a great flavor combination! These are very festive as well. I’d love for you to share these in my December Recipe Swap.

22. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on December 7, 2012 at 3:00 pm (#)

LOL, I have a similar roll of wrapping paper….I think I stole it from my mom’s house when I was single…about 11 years ago. What’s up with that?? Love white chocolate and peppermint! And these cookies look awesome! Those Hershey’s kisses are one of my favorite flavors.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 7th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I’m getting the feeling everyone has “that” roll of paper! Too funny. Thanks Ashley!

23. Pingback: Whatever Friday (Facebook Tips & Books I'm reading) | Crazy for Crust

24. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on December 8, 2012 at 5:51 am (#)

Those kisses are addictive! And I swear our wrapping paper procreates all year in the hall closet. It never ever goes away!

25. Donna Howard posted on December 8, 2012 at 1:38 pm (#)

Ugh ugh ugh, couldn’t find the white chocolate pudding!!! I’ll keep looking, but I may have missed the curve!!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 9th, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Oh no! I know that different stores have different flavors. I can find the Jell-O brand and the Hershey’s brand at Walmart!

26. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen posted on December 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm (#)

Since I’m totally not fussy about what my gifts look like (maybe I should try harder, but I don’t), I’ll take some of that off your hands! It drives me crazy when a roll doesn’t even last through 5 or 6 gifts!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Honestly, that bugs me too! :)

27. Pingback: Crazy Sweet Tuesday, KICMount, and a giveaway! | Crazy for Crust

28. Tash@TheVelvetMoonBaker posted on December 11, 2012 at 7:33 am (#)

These look so cute! What would be a european equivalent to the pudding you use? or is there even one? I totally want to get my hands on a roll of wrapping paper that lasts 12 years, I’ve gone through 3 rolls of paper so far

29. Pingback: Cookie Delivery Printable {Teacher Love} | Crazy for Crust

30. Pingback: Coconut Kiss Brownie Pies - Crazy for Crust

31. Pingback: 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes - No. 2 Pencil

32. EllenInVa posted on December 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm (#)

I’m going to use this recipe for a Christmas Cookie Exchange party this week. Here’s hoping they turn out right! Thanks for sharing. Merry CHRISTmas!

33. Tracey posted on December 9, 2013 at 4:33 pm (#)

I made the first batch of these and they came out completely flat! What did I do wrong? Can I do anything to fix the rest? I am not much of a baker so I guess I shouldn’t experiment, but they looked so good.

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 9th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Oh no, I’m sorry Tracey! The best fix I’ve had for flat cookies is to chill them. Did you chill the dough and they still flattened? They are flatter than a traditional PB blossom, but not pancake thin. If you try them again, try scooping the balls then chilling. They get super hard that way, and won’t spread as much!

34. Sara posted on December 16, 2013 at 7:53 pm (#)

Just wondering why it says an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss? Kind of confused

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 17th, 2013 at 6:28 am

It just means use the Kisses but unwrap them first. I always say unwrapped in case someone doesn’t think to do it. Those people do exist! :)

• Amy replied on December 22nd, 2013 at 7:35 pm

LOL!!!!

35. Kindra posted on December 17, 2013 at 7:53 pm (#)

So my 3-yr-old saw these cookies. She said she wanted to make them for me because she loves me. I think I will let (help) her this weekend. She picked them out! Too funny!

36. Taline Gebbia posted on December 22, 2013 at 5:52 pm (#)

How do I melt the white chocolate? Can I do it in a microwave, carefully? I’m done baking but I think I HAVE to make these, I LOVE white chocolate and peppermint….they look so pretty!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 22nd, 2013 at 6:36 pm

You can do it one of two ways: in a double boiler or the microwave. Double boiler is the best method (but I usually use the microwave): you place a bowl on top of a pot with 1 inch of water and bring it to a boil (just make sure the bowl is not touching the water) and stir the chocolate until it’s melted. In the microwave, I usually do 50% power for white chocolate on increments of 30 seconds, stirring after each increment. If it has trouble melting, you can usually add a bit of veg oil or crisco to help it along.

37. Pingback: Christmas Baking | Taste Buddies