Mar 21

Bunny Munch

Life has been a little crazy lately. Why is it that, when you’re super busy, things just get busier?

Normally, Spring is our easy time. Once Jordan’s birthday is over I can take a breath and wait for the busy Summer to start.

But this year? Oh my goodness. It’s been a month since Jordan’s birthday and I feel like I haven’t been able to surface to take a breath. She was sick, I was sick. My husband has been traveling a lot. My parent’s have had their health scares and I’ve been down to their house twice. And this list doesn’t even include regular day-to-day stuff, like volunteering in Jordan’s class or all the stuff that’s been happening for the PTC at school.

And then there is the annoying regular stuff, like cleaning the house, grocery shopping, Easter shopping.

Yeah, I have not even begun to think about Easter baskets or treasure hunts or eggs.

And we’re going on a trip over Spring Break. In a week and a half. And I have not made one list. *Gasp*

I’m not really complaining, just venting a little. I know that, in comparison to so many, my life is easy.

But still. Sometimes it doesn’t feel that way.

I get stressed about making sure I have new content here and commenting and linking and Facebook and Twitter and the next big social media thing. I realize it’s almost Easter and I haven’t made anything cute.

But then I walk away from the computer for a minute and realize I’m more stressed. Because being here, in virtual land, with all of you? Actually makes me happier. Being in my kitchen, creating and baking and photographing? Makes me relax, in the long run anyway.

Getting to meet fellow bloggers that I had no idea actually live within walking distance of me, and having a three hour coffee that seems like it was five minutes? Priceless.

So thanks, you know, for being my outlet. It gets me through the hard days.

And then, so does dessert. Dessert, like my fellow bloggers, has never failed me. At least now I can check one Easter recipe off my list. (Yippee!)

This is a munch for bunnies. Chocolate eggs (Cadbury, of course), bunny tails (marshmallows), and carrots (dipped Bugles).

The dipped Bugle idea is totally from Cookies & Cups. She dips Bugles to look like Santa hats, y’know.

I dipped my Bugles in orange candy melts.

Then dipped the tips in green.

I added some green sugar to make them look “frawny.” (I think I made that word up.)

This is a super easy Easter snack. And easy is good.

And it’s almost like I’m eating vegetables. Right?

Bunny Munch

by Crazy for Crust
(inspired by Cookies & Cups)
Bunny Munch

• Bugles
  • Orange candy melts
  • Green candy melts
  • Green sugar
  • Chocolate Eggs (Cadbury or like)
  • Mini marshmallows

1. Melt the orange candy melts according to package directions. Dip Bugles (point side down) in orange candy and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill until hardened.
  2. Melt the green candy melts according to package directions. Dip the top end of the Bugels in green candy and then immediately into the green sugar. Place back on the cookie sheet and chill until hardened.
  3. Mix a bowl full of the "carrot" Bugles, chocolate eggs, and mini marshmallows. Enjoy!
  4. Note: marshmallows get stale quickly. Do not add the marshmallows until you are ready to serve. You can also add pretzels or whatever other snacks you like to this mix. Change it up to your liking.
6020512

Enjoy!

Have a Linky Party you want me to join? Add it HERE.

I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!

Tea Party Tuesdays at Sweetology, Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I’m Lovin’ it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters’ Stuff, and all of these too!

50 Responses to “Bunny Munch”

1. sugarswings posted on March 21, 2012 at 6:01 pm (#)

very cute! i have left over bugles so trying to figure out something to do with them! love the munch :)

2. Lisa @ Flour Me With Love posted on March 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm (#)

I know how you feel Dorothy! Our schedules (with four kids) keeps us on our toes all the time. We go from Football, to Basketball, to Soccer. Plus we have Brownies, volunteering at school and all the crazy stuff in between! My grandmother always tells me to just take it in stride because it goes by far too fast and before we know it they will going off to college!

I also love to “check-in” on my bloggin’ buddies, it gives a little bit of “me” time to escape the craziness!

Keep your chin up…you’ll get everything done :)

3. Karen - Trilogy Edibles posted on March 21, 2012 at 6:56 pm (#)

well that’s just about the cutest thing ever

4. thesmartcookiecook.com posted on March 21, 2012 at 6:59 pm (#)

Oh my gosh, this is so cute I can’t stand it! The bugles as carrots are so creative, although I love the marshmallow tails too!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on March 24th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Thank you so much. I’m in love with bunny butts right now so the tails are my inspiration. :)

5. Jenny Melrose posted on March 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm (#)

I’m such a stalker, but I love this! Riley would get a kick out of it and I might be able to confuse her enough to get her to eat carrots! I’d love it if you got a sec you might link it up at Whimsy Wednesdays at http://www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-3.html. No pressure!

6. Something Swanky posted on March 21, 2012 at 7:10 pm (#)

SO cute!

And I’m jealous that you’re getting to have day dates with other bloggers! lol, I actually googled “blogger support groups” in my area one time. There’s one 2 hours away. And they haven’t met in 3 years.

LOVE this idea though!

7. Kristin@gratefulbelly.com posted on March 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm (#)

That’s such a cute idea! I love the carrots :)

8. Jocelyn posted on March 21, 2012 at 8:39 pm (#)

I think we all feel the same way…busy, so we have to escape to our computers for some down time! Or maybe that’s just me:-) I am jealous too that you had a blogger meet up. One of these days I will meet some of my blogging BFF’s.

The bunny mix…too too cute!!! I love the tails:-) And I am all for saying it is veggies when you are eating it:-)

9. Kristin posted on March 21, 2012 at 9:15 pm (#)

That looks ridiculously easy. Maybe I’ll treat the children (all 30 of them) to this the week before Easter…if I’m feeling generous ;)
    Best of luck with the balancing act. It can’t be easy to have so much on your plate!

10. Aimee posted on March 22, 2012 at 4:35 am (#)

How fun to meet a fellow blogger! I’m hoping to meet up with some blog BFF’s soon!
    And cute cute idea!
    I hear ya on the SPring Break thing! We leave one week from tomorrow, and I’m so not ready!

• Jocelyn replied on March 22nd, 2012 at 2:08 pm

You know it girl!!! You and me shopping soon:-)

11. The Cooking Actress posted on March 22, 2012 at 5:08 am (#)

So cute!!! When i have kids some day this is something I would love to make for them :)

I also wanted to let you know I’ve nominated you for The Liebster Award :)! You can check here for more details: http://cookingactress.blogspot.com/2012/03/awards.html

12. Sue Alexander posted on March 22, 2012 at 5:18 am (#)

well that is just adorable! And I have no idea if I will ever catch up with life, maybe when my kid is 20 or so? I can hope.

13. Nicola posted on March 22, 2012 at 5:58 am (#)

Oh-so cute! I really want to give this a try myself. Pinned!

14. Ellen posted on March 22, 2012 at 6:23 am (#)

How cute! I would love these, right about now. Seriously, a great way to start my day with my first cup of coffee! The salty-sweet thing, yes? ;) Great to see you last night, too. :) And, ya know, those little Cadbury mini eggs, well, let’s just say I buy the BIG bagS each year, and save them…Yes, I hoard them…Sad, but oh so true!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on March 24th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Yes! For sure. Sugar in the morning is always good. Cuts the caffeine. Unless you’re like me and like lots of sugary coffee. :) Those eggs…I ate the whole bag!!!

15. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on March 22, 2012 at 7:44 am (#)

Love it!!

Ellen : don’t worry I buy about 10 bags when they are 50% off.

16. Hayley posted on March 22, 2012 at 8:05 am (#)

OMG! They turned out so freakin’ cute! You’re a genius, you know that?!
    And yes, frawny is definitely a word–now.

17. Erin posted on March 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm (#)

This is so cute! And I love the carrot bugles!

18. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on March 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm (#)

Ohmygosh, you are seriously brilliant!

19. Deana posted on March 22, 2012 at 7:42 pm (#)

How cute:)

20. Anita Stafford posted on March 22, 2012 at 7:43 pm (#)

Your bunny munch is adorable! Gotta make it for the kids.

21. Sue posted on March 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm (#)

You are SO CLEVER for turning the bugles into carrots for the bunny munch~LOVE it!

22. Deana posted on March 24, 2012 at 8:19 pm (#)

Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks and have a wonderful Sunday:)

23. kelli@eatprayreadlove. posted on March 25, 2012 at 6:40 am (#)

Yep, definitely as good as veggies! :)

24. Julie posted on March 25, 2012 at 7:48 am (#)
  25. TidyMom posted on March 25, 2012 at 2:41 pm (#)

This is adorable! I bet it’s delicious!

Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/fun-food-ideas/

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

26. Our Delightful Home posted on March 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm (#)

This is too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: http://www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful

27. Addicted to Recipes posted on March 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm (#)

Thanks so much for sharing this at Scrumptious Sunday. These are so so cute. Love them! And if it makes you feel any better, I haven’t started yet for Easter. And right after Easter is my oldest’s 5th birthday…haven’t started planning that yet either (and he wants a firetruck theme). Eeks! Have a good evening, my blogland friend :-)

28. Trish - Sweetology101 posted on March 27, 2012 at 7:14 pm (#)

BUGLE CARROTS!?!?!?!?!?!??! I knew I loved you. Sounds like life has been super hectic but hopefully you can relax soon on your trip. I find it somewhat comforting that I am not the only one who stresses new cute content. I work part time and I always am daydreaming edible crafts and cupcakes while I am at work..people must think I am CRAAAAAAAAZEEEEEEEE. Oh well.

29. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on March 28, 2012 at 1:01 pm (#)

So cute and so clever! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

30. Christine posted on March 28, 2012 at 4:54 pm (#)

I’ll email you my address so that you can send me a few!! hehe They look AMAZING!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

31. The Daily Smash posted on March 29, 2012 at 7:43 am (#)

These look yummy. Just found your blog its so fun.. Come and check out my blog

Have a great day

32. amy and jesse hudson posted on March 29, 2012 at 6:30 pm (#)

This is the cutest thing ever! I know how you feel about being busy lately! I’m falling off of my bloggy roller coaster because of how life is picking up for me lately! Anyway, thanks for sharing this at Drab to Fab last week!
    This week’s party which is live right now!

I’d love for you to link up again this week with more of your amazing stuff! Old or new is always welcome :)

Amy @ Sugar and Spice

33. AudreyN posted on March 29, 2012 at 8:46 pm (#)

Adorable!!! I can’t wait to make it for Easter baskets! Or just myself :)

34. Abby posted on March 30, 2012 at 10:20 am (#)

such a cute idea! I also loved your chicks :) Great Easter ideas!

35. Julie posted on March 30, 2012 at 4:19 pm (#)

Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:

36. Polkadot-pretties posted on March 31, 2012 at 3:55 am (#)

Thank you for linking up this project…
    Would love you to stop by and link up another fabulous project!!!
    Claire xox