Are you looking for a peanut butter cookie bar that just SCREAMS peanut butter? Introducing: TRIPLE THREAT Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips AND Butterfingers. #peanutbutterexplosionupinhere
I spent $80 at Target last week and it’s all my husband’s fault. I had a plan; a goal. I was JUST going to go to the cleaning section. I decided to try using a housekeeper again, to come in once or twice a month and just do deep cleaning and all the stuff I forget to do (like, you know, the blinds, fans and cleaning in general) so I had to buy some cleaning products.
(I know. In one single sentence I turned myself privileged with #firstworldproblems AND outed myself as a slob who actually was out of cleaning products.)
ANYWAY. I went into Target and went straight to the Swiffer aisle. I loaded up my cart and then looked at my list and my heart sank.
My husband needed tape. (You know, scotch tape? The tape that becomes invisible to adults and glows brightly for all children within 100 feet of it so it disappears before you need it?)
You guys, tape is all the way on the opposite side of the store from the cleaning products. To get there I had to walk through the ladies department, the children’s department AND the jewelry department.
My 10 minute trip to Target turned into 45 minutes and over $80. ALL BECAUSE MY HUSBAND NEEDED TAPE.
Target will be the death of me. At least I stayed out of the baking aisle; I would have spent another $40 on peanut butter chips and Buttefinger pieces if I’d gone there.
Mel’s birthday was a couple weeks ago and to celebrate we went to the beach with a few families. The families all packed things like grapes and watermelon and bell pepper slices. The other kids are popping grape tomatoes and I was over on my beach chair asking if anyone wanted Snickerdoodle Bars or these Triple Threat Peanut Butter Cookie Bars.
Like I’ve said, I’m known as the sugar mom.
Anyway, I had to make something that Mel would eat and guess what? HE DID! He ate at least 3 of them. It was like, a record or something.
These cookie bars are the bomb. They start with a gooey peanut butter cookie bar (made with 100% brown sugar like my favorite blondies) which is based off of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. To take these to the next level I added a ton of peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and chopped Butterfinger candy bars.
They’re the triple threat of peanut butter goodness.
And, by the way, NOBODY could resist them. Could you?
Triple Threat Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped Butterfingers pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth with a hand or a stand mixer (fitted with the paddle attachment). Add brown sugar and cream until smooth. Mix in egg, vanilla, milk, salt, and baking soda. Slowly stir in flour until combined, then add both chips and candy pieces. Stir until combined.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with more chips and Butterfingers pieces, if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: July 31, 2016