Strawberry Banana Bread will become your new favorite easy quick bread recipe! This is a ONE BOWL Banana Bread recipe full of fresh strawberries and a nice glaze on top – and it has a secret ingredient that makes it even easier to make!
Why we LOVE Strawberry Banana Bread
I looooove banana bread. It’s so good for breakfast, brunch, and snacks. I’ve been known to eat way more than my fair share whenever it’s on my counter (or in my freezer). It’s especially good for a potluck or brunch because you an make it ahead of time, then slice it and serve it.
I can’t ever get enough banana bread as it is, but this one combines my two favorite fruits! You will love this recipe because:
- It’s easy – ONE BOWL – no mixer needed!
- Has a semi-homemade ingredient to make it even faster
- Soft and moist
- Has a perfect glaze on top for some extra sweetness!
This will be your go-to bread from now on!
What’s the SECRET to Banana Strawberry Bread?
This banana bread has a secret. Want to know what it is? I’m sure you do.
It’s even better when it’s full of strawberries and topped with a strawberry glaze, did you know that?
Okay, okay. You want to know the SECRET to this banana bread? Here it is:
It’s made with…pancake mix!
PANCAKE MIX! Yes, that’s right. This bread starts with Krusteaz Pancake Mix (the kind you just normally would add water to to make pancakes). Using pancake mix makes it so much simpler!
Ingredients in Strawberry Banana Bread
Banana: You’ll need one overripe banana. Make sure it’s got lots of brown spots – that makes it extra sweet.
Eggs: 2 large eggs help make this moist and give structure to the bread
Oil: Keeps the bread moist
Water: Helps it blend up nice and smooth
Sugar: Adds a little extra sweetness
Pancake Mix: Just use the basic Krusteaz (or similar) pancake mix that you only have to mix with water
Strawberries: Fresh chopped berries work best
For the Glaze: if you use the glaze, you’ll need some powdered sugar and cream or milk. I also use Strawberry Extract to pump up the flavor, but you can use vanilla if you don’t have strawberry.
So, let’s get this straight: Banana Bread that’s made from pancake mix. Like eating pancakes in bread form but they don’t taste like pancakes, they taste like banana bread.
How to Make This One Bowl Banana Bread
1. Mash your banana: just add your banana to your bowl and mash it with a fork or potato masher.
2. Add wet ingredients: Add the eggs, water and oil and stir.
3. Add dry ingredients: Add the sugar and pancake mix.
4. Strawberries: Fold in the strawberries.
5. Bake: bake this until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Frost: whisk the glaze and then pour it over the top. Note: the thicker the milk the thicker the glaze. (Nonfat milk works but the glaze will be thinner than if you use heavy cream.)
Best Pan for Banana Bread
This recipe was written for a 9×5-inch loaf pan. You can use one that is a bit larger, or you can make two smaller loaves in two 8×4-inch pans (they won’t rise as high).
Storing Strawberry Banana Bread
- Remove from the pan after it’s cooled about 15-20 minutes. This is so it doesn’t get soggy on the bottom. Use a butter knife to loosen and it should pop right out.
- Store covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container/bag on the counter for up to 3 days.
- You can freeze banana bread whole, wrapped in plastic, or slice and freeze in baggies. I don’t recommend freezing with the frosting.
Tips and FAQ
- How do you know when your banana bread is done? It will be done when a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs in the direct center.
- My quick bread fell after baking! This happens when the bread is not fully baked and usually it collapses along the center where the bread bakes last. Make sure to use the toothpick test!
- How do I make Strawberry Banana Bread from scratch? If you want a from scratch version of this, use my best banana bread recipe and add the 1 cup chopped strawberries to it.
- Fresh vs Frozen Strawberries: I don’t recommend using frozen berries because they will have too much water and weigh down the bread.
Other Banana Bread Recipes
- Click here for easy ways to use overripe BANANAS
- Cinnamon Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Muffins
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (59ml) water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 1/2 cup (119ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (244g) Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- 1 cup (149g) chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup (86g) powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 drops red food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray (the kind with flour in it) or grease and flour the pan.
- Add banana to a large bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add eggs, water, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and oil. Stir.
- Add sugar and pancake mix. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in strawberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs right from the center of the loaf. Cool 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before frosting.
- Make the glaze: whisk together powdered sugar with ½ teaspoon vanilla, strawberry extract (if using), and 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Add more cream as needed for consistency. Add food coloring, if desired. Frost bread. Frosting won't set completely but will get a crust on the outside.
- Store bread covered for up to 3 days on the counter or freeze unfrosted bread for up to 3 months.
- When making frosting, you can use any kind of milk but know that the thinner the milk the thinner the frosting. Nonfat milk is thinner than heavy cream, etc. You will need less milk the thinner it is.
- You can use any pancake mix that only requires water to make the pancakes. Do not substitute Bisquik or others like that, just Krusteaz or similar.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
You can get also get the full Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe over on the Krusteaz site! Krusteaz was the original sponsor of this post.
One Bowl Strawberry Banana Bread full of banana and fresh strawberries with a sweet glaze – this bread is the perfect easy quick bread recipe and it starts with a secret ingredient: pancake mix!
Last Updated on April 29, 2021
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: March 18, 2016