This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Red Velvet Oreo Brownies are a thick red velvet cookie that’s fudgy like a brownie – and FULL of chopped Oreos. These are the perfect easy brownie recipe.
Table of Contents
Delicious Red Velvet Oreo Brownies
These ultra-rich red velvet Oreo brownies are the kind of comfort-food-meets-fine-cuisine sweets that are perfect for binge-eating while binge-watching. So curl up on the couch, grab your softest blanket, stream your Netflix obsession, and snag a plate of brownies to go with it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This triple-threat dessert combines the power of three legendary sweets: classic cookies and cream, rich red velvet, and chocolatey brownies. If you just can’t decide which dessert you’re in the mood for, this one is sure to hit all the bases! Three tried-and-true flavors play together to create the dessert you never knew you needed in this simple and quick recipe.
Ingredients in Red Velvet Brownies
- Brown sugar – be sure to pack it
- Butter – unsalted and softened
- Eggs – always use large eggs
- Vanilla extract – always use pure vanilla
- Cocoa powder – unsweetened natural cocoa is best
- Baking Powder – make sure it’s not expired!
- Food coloring – regular red food coloring is recommended (not gel)
- Flour – All-purpose flour is what I always use
- Oreo cookies – chopped
- Chocolate chips – for topping
- Salt – for flavor and to help them not be too sweet.
How to Make Red Velvet Oreo Brownies
- Preheat oven: Using aluminum foil and cooking spray, line, and grease a 9×9” square pan. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients: With an electric mixer, cream butter, and brown sugar with a paddle attachment. Combine all ingredients, beginning with vanilla extract and eggs, then cocoa, baking powder, salt, and flour. Once smooth, mix in food coloring and chopped Oreos.
- Spread into the pan: Press the mixture into your lined and greased pan and top it off with a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- Bake: Insert pan into the oven and bake for 22 – 24 minutes. Once baked, allow the brownies to cool entirely before slicing.
- Be cautious during the baking process, as you don’t want these brownies to overcook. When they’re done, you should notice that the center of the brownie will still be wobbly and underbaked. This center will harden as the brownies cool, retaining that moist, gooey quality.
- While classic Oreos are a fan favorite, feel free to experiment with different flavors of cookies. Double down with the red velvet-flavored Oreos, or add richness with dark chocolate Oreos.
The worst thing you can do when it comes to making brownies is to overbake them. You can always put them back in the oven, but once they’re dry, they’re dry! You’ll know that brownies are at their perfect gooeyness when the edges start to pull away from the pan and crisp a bit. The center should be slightly underbaked, jiggly, and shiny when you remove them from the oven.
Of course! Part of the beauty of brownies is that they’re rather forgiving as far as desserts go — the possibilities are really endless. Feel free to add chunks of your favorite candy bar or pieces of another kind of snack cookie (think Chips Ahoy).
Brownies store best when wrapped tightly with plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container at room temperature, perfect for leaving on the countertop for a quick treat that will stay good for about 3 to 4 days.
The best way to freeze brownies is to tightly wrap each individual square in plastic wrap and then put them all in an airtight plastic bag or Tupperware which can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Oreo Red Brownies Recipe
- 2 cups (200g) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter , softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (5g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) red food coloring
- 1 ½ cups chopped Oreo cookies
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9” metal pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add cocoa, baking powder, salt, and flour and mix. Carefully mix in red food coloring, then stir in chopped cookies.
- Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands). Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake or about 22-24 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook – the center will still be jiggly when you take these out of the oven and they will finish cooking and firming up as they cool.) Cool completely before slicing into squares.
- Always bake brownies and blondies in a metal pan for best results.
Other Red Velvet Recipes
- Red Velvet Cookies from scratch
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Basic Red Velvet Brownies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
Oreo Red Velvet Brownies – this is my favorite red velvet brownie recipe FULL of Oreos! The combination of oreo cookies and red velvet cake is amazing.
Last Updated on January 20, 2023