This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Easy Pumpkin Croissants are so easy, filled with pumpkin, white chocolate, and spices and topped with a simple glaze. They taste like little pumpkin pies, but you can eat them for breakfast! This is the perfect fall breakfast recipe.
This pumpkin pastry recipe is my go-to during the fall when I want something easy but delicious for breakfast or brunch. They’re inspired by pumpkin pie but made into flaky croissants filled with pumpkin, white chocolate, and all the fall spices.
Table of Contents
Easy Pumpkin Croissants
This recipe starts with puff pastry dough. It turns out like a flaky croissant every time. And who has time to make croissants? NOT ME!
The croissants are filled with a rich pumpkin mixture that’s sweet and pumpkin spicy and filled with white chocolate chips. It’s the perfect croissant for pumpkin season!
And if that isn’t enough…I made a white chocolate cinnamon glaze for the top. Oh my gosh, just give me a straw with that glaze!!
They are so simple to make but have a wow, factor once baked – they look a lot more complicated than they are to make. The perfect short-cut pastry you are going to love.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This EASY croissant recipe is more than just a croissant. These flaky pastries with white chocolate pumpkin filling are the quintessential fall breakfast.
- During the fall, I keep these ingredients on hand so I can make a batch whenever I get a craving for pumpkin. You can keep the puff pastry in the freezer, and the rest of the ingredients are pantry ingredients.
- They’re so easy, you can make a batch during the week – I’ve surprised my family a few times during the week, and they’re always a hit.
If you’re a pumpkin fan like me, these are a no-brainer – I know you will love these mini pumpkin pie croissants!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Croissants
- Thawed puff pastry sheet: Be sure to thaw it according to the package directions.
- Canned pumpkin puree: Not pumpkin pie filling!
- Granulated sugar: May equally substitute brown sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice: Use my DIY Pumpkin Spice if you don’t have it.
- White chocolate chips: For the drizzle
- Vegetable oil: To help melt the chips
- Ground cinnamon: To add in the drizzle
How to make Pumpkin Croissants with Puff Pastry
- Cut the puff pastry into nine squares and stretch each one out just a little.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, and spices in a bowl. Place ½ tablespoon of the filling in the center of each pastry square. Top the puff pastry with filling and white chocolate chips.
- Roll the two sides of the pastry up over the top and seal the ends. Place the croissants on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pumpkin croissants for 13 for 15 minutes, and let them cool before adding the glaze.
- For the glaze, melt white chocolate chips with the oil in a small bowl. Do this in the microwave at 50% power.
- Stir the cinnamon into the melted chocolate and drizzle the mixture over the cooled croissants. Let the glaze set before serving them.
- Be sure to thaw the puff pastry before using it, following the package instructions.
- I use canned pumpkin puree in this recipe, not pumpkin pie filling! So, double-check the label when you buy it.
- Pumpkin croissants are best the day they’re made. They will keep for a day or so in an airtight container, but the pastry will soften and not be as flaky.
Have You Made This Recipe
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Easy White Chocolate Pumpkin Croissants
- 1 puff pastry sheet from a pack of two, thawed according to package directions
- ½ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup + about 9 teaspoons white chocolate chips divided
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
- Unwrap puff pastry sheet and cut into 9 squares. Stretch each square out just a little bit.
- Stir together pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Place about 1/2 tablespoon of filling in the center of each puff pastry square. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of white chocolate chips on top of the pumpkin mixture. Roll the two sides up over the top, overlapping them. Pinch the ends with a fork to seal.
- Place croissants evenly on cookie sheet and bake for about 15-22 minutes. Cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze: melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips with oil in a small bowl on 50% power in the microwave. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each, for about 1 minute total (depending on your microwave). Stir in cinnamon. Drizzle over croissants. (I placed my glaze in a ziploc sandwich bag and cut off one tip to drizzle.) Let set then serve. Best eaten the same day they are made.
Easy Pumpkin Croissants with puff pastry! These are like flaky pumpkin pies for breakfast with a cinnamon glaze and white chocolate inside.
Last Updated on August 10, 2022