Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is an easy way to make a turkey dinner for a smaller crowd! Use a boneless or bone in turkey breast and let it cook in the crockpot with this easy baste for the perfectly moist turkey every time.
I know, you’re probably thinking: turkey breast? Who makes just a turkey breast in November? But wait – hear me out.
Maybe you have extra people coming for Thanksgiving and you want to be sure and have enough turkey for everyone but don’t want to make two full turkeys.
Or…maybe you bookmark this post for July when it’s your husband’s birthday and you make him his favorite meal: Thanksgiving.
Or maybe you’re just craving turkey and it’s a random Tuesday and you don’t want to make a whole bird.
Whatever your reasoning, having this easy slow cooker turkey breast recipe in your back pocket is a must. The baste and gravy are absolutely delicious and based off of my Mom’s Thanksgiving Turkey. Making this bird in a crockpot will make your house smell like Thanksgiving no matter what time of year it is.
If you’re looking to make a turkey without all the hassle, my Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is the perfect recipe!
Seriously, you can make this for dinner on any random day! Make some mashed potatoes and you’ve got the perfect Sunday dinner too.
Can you cook a turkey breast in a slow cooker? YES, whether it’s boneless or bone-in.
I prefer using a boneless turkey breast in my slow cooker, but you can use whatever you have. Bone-in turkey breasts are often cheaper, so if that’s what you buy, go ahead.
All you have to do to make this easy turkey breast is mix up some baste ingredients and then set it and forget it. The most important thing to remember when cooking a turkey in the slow cooker is to not overcook it.
For a long time when I used my crockpot, I’d set the time for one of the preset amounts (4 hours or 6, etc) and let it cook until the time was up, but that’s the WRONG way to slow cook if you’re making poultry.
Chicken and turkey, especially when boneless, tend to dry out in the slow cooker if you’re not careful. To avoid a dry bird, you have to check it during cooking.
Once it gets to 165°F internal temperature, it’s done. It might take a full 4 hours, but it might only take 3 ½. So be sure to watch it!
How do you make slow cooker turkey breast:
- First, do what I do and use a slow cooker bag. You don’t have to do this, but I always do. It’s easy cleanup!
- My baste recipe is simple and super flavorful, made with soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and sherry or white wine. You can omit the alcohol and use chicken stock, but I love using sherry. It’s the way my mom always does it!
- I rotate my turkey breast halfway through cooking so that the entire thing gets coated with the baste.
How long do you cook a 3 pound boneless turkey breast in a slow cooker?
In a crockpot, a 3-pound boneless turkey breast will take between 3-4 hours on low. Check the temperature after 3 to see where it’s at.
If you’re using a bone-in turkey breast, it’s going to take 4-6 hours on high or up to 7 hours on low, depending on how big it is.
This is the perfect easy turkey recipe to make extra at Thanksgiving too. I always like to make extra turkey breast meat because most people in my family like white meat. I want leftovers…so it’s important to have enough.
If your turkey doesn’t come with a gravy packet, use my 5-minute gravy recipe. Be sure to use the drippings from the slow cooker in the gravy; it gives great flavor. Simply strain it to remove any chunks and then use it in the gravy recipe or with the gravy packet, instead of using turkey or chicken stock.
Other recipes you might like:
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Cornbread stuffing
- My friend Karen’s Slow Cooker Carrots.
- Melissa’s Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 3- pound boneless turkey breast
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium is okay
- 1/4 cup sherry or white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Easy 5-minute Gravy for serving
- If desired, line a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker with a crockpot liner or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place turkey breast in slow cooker.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until turkey reaches 165°F on a meat thermometer. After one hour, turn the turkey breast so that both sides get coated with the baste.
- Remove from crockpot and let sit 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Have leftover turkey? Make Turkey Pot Pie!
Mom’s Thanksgiving Turkey is made in a bag!
My 5-minute gravy is so easy and GOOD!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: November 6, 2018