This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is an easy way to make a turkey dinner for a smaller crowd! Use a boneless or bone in turkey breast and let it cook in the crockpot with this easy baste for the perfectly moist turkey every time.
Table of Contents
You Can Cook Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker!
I know, you’re probably thinking: turkey breast? Who makes just a turkey breast in November? But wait – hear me out.
Maybe you have extra people coming for Thanksgiving and you want to be sure and have enough turkey for everyone but don’t want to make two full turkeys.
Or maybe you’re just craving turkey and it’s a random Tuesday and you don’t want to make a whole bird.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Whatever your reasoning, having this easy slow cooker turkey breast recipe in your back pocket is a must. The baste and gravy are absolutely delicious and based off of my Mom’s Thanksgiving Turkey. Making this bird in a crockpot will make your house smell like Thanksgiving no matter what time of year it is.
If you’re looking to make a turkey without all the hassle, my Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is the perfect recipe!
Seriously, you can make this for dinner on any random day! Make some mashed potatoes and you’ve got the perfect Sunday dinner too.
Ingredients in Crockpot Turkey Breast
- Turkey Breast: Bone in or a boneless 3 pound turkey breast (just cook time is affected)
- Soy Sauce: I always use low-sodium and I don’t salt my turkey.
- Sherry: You can substitute chicken stock or white wine
- Brown Sugar: You can also use sugar-free brown sugar
- Seasonings: Ground Pepper and Italian seasoning
All you have to do to make this easy turkey breast is mix up some baste ingredients and then set it and forget it. The most important thing to remember when cooking a turkey in the slow cooker is to not overcook it.turkey breast tip
How to slow cooker turkey breast:
- First, do what I do and use a slow cooker bag. You don’t have to do this, but I always do. It’s easy cleanup!
- My baste recipe is simple and super flavorful, made with soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and sherry or white wine. You can omit the alcohol and use chicken broth, but I love using sherry. It’s the way my mom always does it! Also feel free to add 1 teaspoon garlic powder or a teaspoon of onion powder.
- I rotate my turkey breast halfway through cooking so that the entire thing gets coated with the baste.
How to make Turkey Gravy
If your turkey doesn’t come with a gravy packet, use my 5-minute gravy recipe. Be sure to use the drippings from the slow cooker in the gravy; it gives great flavor. Simply strain it to remove any chunks and then use it in the gravy recipe or with the gravy packet, instead of using turkey or chicken stock.
It’s perfectly safe to cook a turkey breast in the crockpot, whether it’s bone in or boneless.
I prefer using a boneless turkey breast in my slow cooker, but you can use whatever you have. Bone-in turkey breasts are often cheaper, so if that’s what you buy, go ahead.
You can do crockpot turkey on low or high, but it changes the cook time. On low, it takes 3-4 hours. Cooking on high power will take about 2-3 hours. Just be sure to check it throughout cooking so it doesn’t get dry.
What to Serve With Turkey
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Cornbread stuffing
- My friend Karen’s Slow Cooker Carrots.
- Melissa’s Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 3 pound boneless turkey breast
- ½ cup soy sauce low sodium is okay
- ¼ cup sherry or white wine
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Easy 5-minute Gravy for serving
- If desired, line a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker with a crockpot liner or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place turkey breast in slow cooker.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until turkey reaches 165°F on a meat thermometer. After one hour, turn the turkey breast so that both sides get coated with the baste.
- Remove from crockpot and let sit 5 minutes before slicing.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Have leftover turkey? Make Turkey Pot Pie!
Mom’s Thanksgiving Turkey is made in a bag!
My 5-minute gravy is so easy and GOOD!
Last Updated on October 14, 2022
Can I cook 2 of these turkey breasts together & does it take more time?
It would take more time, yes. Be sure to check it occasionally so they don’t get dry.
can I use this for a turkey tenderloin?
Yes but the tenderloin will cook MUCH faster – so check it after about an hour to see.
My turkey breast turned out great and I made the 5-minute gravy using the sauce it cooked in. What a great way to enjoy a turkey breast any time of the year!