This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Peanut Pie is an EASY pie recipe. The crust is filled with peanuts, peanut butter, and chocolate, with a gooey center like a pecan pie…but BETTER.
Southern Peanut Pie
This pie is like a pecan pie but with peanuts and chocolate chips and peanut butter. Do I need to say anything else?
Why you’ll love this recipe
The filling is a pecan pie-like filling with a corn syrup, butter, and sugar base. I also added some peanut butter in there, because why not? I also added a hefty dose of chocolate chips. Again, because why not? Plus, peanut butter and peanuts makes the pie almost savory in nature, and it needed a little extra sweetness and depth from the chocolate.
Ingredients in Peanut Pie
- Pie Crust – use my all butter pie crust or buy a refrigerated crust – or a frozen pie shell would work too.
- Eggs – be sure to use large eggs
- Granulated Sugar – this is the traditional sugar in pies like this
- Corn Syurp – I use light corn syrup in this recipe (like I use in my mini pecan pies) but you can also use dark corn syrup.
- Peanut Butter – I love adding a bit of creamy peanut butter to the filling to give it an even more peanut buttery taste.
- Butter – I prefer using unsalted butter. We’re going to melt it – did you know butter melts easiest at room temperature?
- Chocolate Chips – to make this a chocolate pie!
- Peanuts: I used honey roasted peanuts (I buy them from Trader Joe’s, I love those the most, especially when making peanut butter) but you can use any honey roasted brand or even just regular roasted salted peanuts or dry-roasted peanuts. Basically, use what you like most, because they’re the major flavor in the pie.
How to make Peanut Pie
- Place your pie crust in your pie dish. Chill until ready to fill.
- Whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, peanut butter, salt, and melted butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Place chocolate chips on the bottom of the prepared crust. Place peanuts on top. (It’s important to layer it this way so the peanuts float to the top.)
- Pour filling over the top and make sure peanuts float to the top and are coated in the mixture (to prevent burning).
How to serve this pie
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Serve room temperature or warmed with whipped cream or ice cream on top.
No but it’s best to refrigerate leftovers so they stay fresh longer.
Like pecan pie, this pie is done when it’s slightly puffed, golden brown, and just a tiny bit jiggly in the center.
Freeze the entire baked and cooled pie or freeze slices, for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Peanut Pie Recipe
- 1 9-inch pie crust (from scratch or a refrigerated pack of two or frozen)
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (67g) sugar
- 1 cup (237ml) light corn syrup
- ¼ cup (67g) creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
- 1 ¾ cups peanuts (honey roasted, salted, and/or dry-roasted)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pie crust in a 9” pie plate and decorate the edges as desired. Chill until ready to fill.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, peanut butter, and salt until smooth and combined.
- Place chocolate chips in the bottom of the prepared pie crust, then place the peanuts on top. Pour the pie filling over the top and let the pie sit for a few minutes to allow the peanuts to naturally rise to the top. (It’s important the chocolate goes in before the peanuts because it will weight the peanuts down if it goes in on top of them.)
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet (in case of spillage). Cover the outer edges of the crust with a pie crust shield or strips of foil. Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F, then lower the temp to 350°F and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes, or until the top is golden and the pie is just a bit jiggly in the center. It will set as it cools. Cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator; freeze pie for up to 2 months.
- See more of my ultimate pie recipes here!
- Click here to see more PEANUT BUTTER recipes!
- GET ALL MY PIE RECIPES HERE.
- Peanut Butter Chess Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Twix Pie
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie
Peanut Pie is like pecan pie but with peanuts – and chocolate! Easy Peanut Pie is a classic southern dessert – if you love peanuts you’ll love this pie!
Last Updated on November 12, 2022