Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies are the world’s best cookies with chocolate chips! These are a hit whenever I make them!
Plus that gooey chocolate – OMG, right?
Before we get to the amazingness that is these Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies, let’s talk summer reading. I’ve read several good books lately I have to recommend!
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll – I actually saw Jessica on the Today show and she recommended most of the books on this list. She didn’t plug her own, but I bought it anyway and I really liked it. I read it in only a few days and while it was basic Chick Lit, there was a twist I didn’t see coming (rare, for someone like me who reads a LOT).
Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering – while I think the author could have cut out a few chapters, I really enjoyed this book. It kept me coming back – I read it in just a few days – and I really loved the way she developed the characters.
All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin – this is the author who wrote Something Borrowed and Something Blue, and I love all her books. This book should be required reading for the parents of all teenagers today – boys and girls. I may actually even make Jordan read it. The core premise is that a boy sends a photo on snapchat that basically implodes his life. It’s a great warning to parents about what kids are doing. And if you read this and think “not my kid” then, well, good luck.
When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger – again another famous author. I actually just started this book but I bet by the time you read this I’ll be done with it. It’s classic Weisberger and a great summer read.
What’s the best thing to do while reading? EAT COOKIES, OF COURSE.
This recipe is basically the World’s Best Cookies with chocolate chips inside. And they’re HEAVEN.
I really do think that this recipe produces some of the best cookies I’ve ever had. They’re soft and crunchy and chewy and dense and light all a the same time.
World’s Best Cookies are basically cornflake cookies; they’re a cookie born in the 70s (only back then would someone add oil and butter to a cookie recipe). I took it one step further this time and added CHOCOLATE.
Try just eating one of these cookies I dare you.
What is a cornflake cookie?
It’s a cookie with cornflakes, ha!
Basically, these could also be called Kitchen Sink Cookies. They have cornflakes, coconut, chocolate, nuts (optional), butter, oil, oats, and flour. Empty your pantry and make these cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies are crunchy and chewy and soft and are super gooey with chocolate chips. These are the World’s Best Cookies, with chocolate!
How to make chocolate chip cornflake cookies:
- Make sure your butter is room temperature.
- You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer. If you’re using a hand mixer, I recommend that you crunch up the cornflakes before adding them. A stand mixer will do that for you.
- Nuts are optional.
- For the gooey chocolate pull shown, use Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chips. They stay soft and gooey forever!
CHOCOLATE CHIP CORNFLAKE COOKIES
- 1 cup 227g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup 198g granulated sugar
- 1 cup 208g brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup 237ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup 80g quick cooking oats
- 3 1/2 cups 434g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 60g sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup 25g lightly crushed cornflakes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Note: this dough requires chilling.
- Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream until light and fluffy. You can also use a hand mixer. Add oil and stir until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mix until smooth, then stir in the salt and baking soda.
- Mix in oats and flour until just mixed. Stir in coconut and cornflakes, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet covered in wax or parchment paper. No need to spread the balls out, you’re just going to chill them. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least one hour. (If you chill longer than 4 hours you may need to let them warm up a few minutes on the counter before baking.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats. Place cookies 2” apart on prepared cookie sheets. Lightly press down with the palm of your hand. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms just start to turn golden brown. Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1 cookie) — Calories: 1880, Fat: 80g, Saturated Fat: 50g, Cholesterol: 176mg, Sodium: 1436mg, Potassium: 340mg, Carbohydrates: 274g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 165g, Protein: 21g, Vitamin A: 36.1%, Vitamin C: 2.4%, Calcium: 19.6%, Iron: 55.2%
World’s Best Cookies really are the best cornflake cookies!
Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies are another favorite!
Cornflake Clusters are another way to use up cornflakes!
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**