This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This arugula pizza recipe is fresh and has delicious leafy greens, veggies and of course; fresh mozzarella on top! This is not your average Pizza Hut pizza!
Table of Contents
Recipe for Arugula Pizza
Pizza is one of those foods that will simply never go out of style, with so many fresh ingredients to use and the simplicity of it, Italians really had the right idea! Pizza can actually be pretty healthy if you top it with fresh ingredients and use dough that is mostly unprocessed.
What Do You Put on Arugula Pizza?
- Mini pizza crust– Use a pita, naan, or any mini pizza crust.
- Pizza sauce – Use your favorite store bought or make my homemade pizza sauce which we LOVE!
- Mozzarella cheese – Shredded – shred your own. Pre-shredded cheese doesn’t melt very well.
- Black olives – If you like them, if not, omit!
- Tomato – Seeded and diced.
- Fresh arugula – Of course!
How to Make Arugula Pizza
- Prepare the pizza crust: Preheat oven to 450°F. Lay out pizza crusts or naan on cookie sheets with parchment paper to prepare for toppings.
- Add toppings: Top crusts with your desired amount of sauce, cheese, olives, and diced tomatoes. Top with a handful of arugula for the finishing touch.
- Bake the pizza: Bake your arugula pizza for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is evenly melted and the crust is hot. Once the pizza is fully baked and slightly cooled, slice it into wedges and serve.
You always want to put your pizza ingredients on before baking so they melt/cook nicely into the pizza! You want to make sure all the flavors combine properly. That is what makes a yummy pizza!
Yes you can! If you have a large pizza pan feel free to make one big pizza instead of multiple smaller ones. Just use a larger crust!
I like to reheat leftover pizza in the toaster oven or conventional oven. I find that the microwave makes the crust chewy and it doesn’t taste as good.
Have you made this recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
- 4 mini pizza crusts or naan flatbread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 8 ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 roma tomato seeded and diced
- 1-2 cups of fresh arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lay out pizza crusts or naan on parchment paper on cookie sheets.
- Top crusts with desired amount of sauce, cheese, olives, and diced tomatoes. Top with a handful of arugula.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is hot. Slice into wedges and serve.
Easy Pita Pizzas with arugula! These vegetarian pizzas are personal pizzas – perfect for lunch or an easy dinner. We love arugula pizza!
Last Updated on January 8, 2023