No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie – this easy no bake peanut butter cheesecake is full of peanut butter cups with a NUTTER BUTTER pie crust!
This pie is special. It’s spectacular, yes, but it’s also special. Why? Because it’s Crazy for Crust’s 6th Birthday Pie!!
That’s right, today is this blog’s 6th birthday. 6 years ago I sat down and wrote my first post. It was a crust, and the photos and writing were horrible. Oh how far I’ve come.
Seriously though, the last six years have been pretty amazing. I went from not knowing what a blog was to having one that’s pretty successful. I went from never being able to bake without a recipe to creating my own recipes on a daily basis. And, most importantly, I went from an unhappy, stuck-in-a-rut, frustrated stay-at-home mom with nothing that was hers to a business owner.
That’s pretty darn special, if you ask me. To celebrate, the occasion needed a special recipe. This pie fits that requirement: it’s a No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie that’s no-bake peanut butter cheesecake filled with peanut butter cups all encased in a peanut butter cookie crust and topped with hot fudge and more peanut butter cups.
Back when I asked Mel to name his favorite pie of all time, this is what he told me. Remember last week, I said the requirement was a peanut butter cookie crust. Well, he also requested that it be peanut butter and filled with peanut butter cups. I did what he asked, and guess what? As a birthday present to Crazy for Crust, he ate TWO bites, allowing me to give this pie the Mel ate it tag.
This pie is really the epitome of this blog: it’s easy, it’s got a crust, and it’s damn good.
Feel free to use an Oreo or Graham Cracker crust instead of the peanut butter cookie crust – any of the three would be fabulous. But if you’re a peanut butter lover like we are, well, there’s no contest.
Okay, and now it’s time to get all mushy about the fact I’ve been doing this for 6 years.
I just have to say that I could not have gotten where I am today without all of you, my faithful audience. Thank you for your support, for clicking through, for getting emails, for sharing. Thank you for making my recipes and telling me how much you love them.
Of course, I really would not be where I am in this universe without my tribe; those bloggers who I love that I know so well. The ones that listen to me whine and pick me up when I’m down; the ones that lift me up when I don’t even know I need it. You all know who you are and I thank each and every one of you. **Hugs**
So, before we go…let’s all raise our forks…Happy Birthday Crazy for Crust! 🙂
Now LET’S EAT THIS PIE.
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Yield: 8-10 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie - this easy no bake peanut butter cheesecake is full of peanut butter cups with a NUTTER BUTTER pie crust!
- 1 Nutter Butter Crust, Oreo Crust, or Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping (or 3 cups freshly whipped cream)
- 2 cups peanut butter cups chopped, divided
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, optional
- Beat cream cheese until smooth using a hand mixer. Mix in granulated sugar and peanut butter, then mix in vanilla, beating until smooth and no lumps remain. Fold in the whipped topping, then stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Place filling in prepared pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining chopped peanut butter cups and drizzle with hot fudge ice cream topping. Chill at least 4 hours before cutting and serving.
- Pie lasts up to 3 days in the refrigerator or you can freeze it for up to one month.