get new recipes in your email box:

Aug 14

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies

I love blondies. I love peanut butter. I love Butterfingers. So, if I were to put all three into one cookie bar, I think I’d be pretty happy with myself.

Which is why these Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies make me so happy!

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies

You know what doesn’t make me happy? Cell phone companies. Why is it so freaking expensive to have a cell phone?

*shakes fist*

We pay an exhoribnat amount right now for our two iPhones, on Sprint. They’ve also got us in a vice because our contracts are alternating years and we’re on a family plan, so we can never switch without paying fees.

We went to look at phones and to talk to them about adding my MIL onto our plan. The sales lady kept talking to me about something called “Framily” which is really a thing but I’d never heard of it and I thought she just talked funny or didn’t really know how to say “Family” so I kept wanting to correct her but I’m glad I didn’t.

She also said our three phones and all the fees would be $174 if we bundled with more people on the framily network. Like – strangers. Um, no thanks. Really, it’s over $200/month plus taxes and surcharges and God knows what other hidden fees (like the extra $15 I have to pay for my iPhone 5c I just got in April because it was purchased on my old plan even though the nice people at the Apple Store never mentioned “framily” and if they did I would have thought they’d sucked on too many iPads).

*shakes fist again*

But they have us in a bind, don’t they? I’m addicted to my iPhone and there is no way I’m getting rid of it. That would be like getting rid of oxygen. Or Jordan. Or peanut butter.

Or blondies.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies

I love blondies. As in, I could eat an entire pan if left to my own devices.

I have a standard recipe I love, but today I wanted peanut butter blondies. So I made some.

Actually, I made them twice. The first time wasn’t exactly what I wanted. (Sorry Ashton, I hope you liked them anyway!)

The second time around I reduced the brown sugar (which is shocking, I know) so that the peanut butter flavor could stand out even more. I mean…that’s kind of the point for a peanut butter blondie, right?

Then I added double the Butterfingers because…well. Double that is always better!

Then I gave them away as fast as possible.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies

But I ate quite a few. Now if only I could pay my cell phone bill with blondies…

That would be a good deal.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies

Yield: 24 bars

Soft and chewy and full of peanut butter flavor, these Peanut Butter Butterfingers are the perfect treat!

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3 cups chopped Butterfingers, divided (24 Fun Size)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Cream brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix.
  3. Stir in 2 cups of the chopped Butterfingers.
  4. Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands).
  5. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of chopped Butterfingers over the top and press lightly to make them stick to the surface.
  6. Bake for about 22-25 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook - the center will still be jiggly when you take these out of the oven and they will finish cooking and firming up as they cool.) Cool completely before slicing into squares.

Caramel Crunch Blondies

Caramel Crunch Blondies (4 of 4)w

Nutter Butter Butterscotch Blondies

nutter butter butterscotch blondies 2 words

Toffee Blondies

Toffee Blondies

Blondie Batter Dip by Something Swanky
Flourless Chocolate Chickpea Blondies by Ambitious Kitchen
Fudge Frosted Peanut Butter Blondie Bars by Buns in My Oven

40 comments on “Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies

1. I love PB blondies! Ok, I love pb AND I love blondies and put the two together and I’m in heaven. And then throw in the crunchy, buttery Butterfingers (love!) and I would hoard these! Pinned 🙂

2. Geez. Framily is so not a word. Blondies, though. Now that’s a word!
    I love these. Especially the intensity of the PB. Such a great addition to blondies!

3. Wow, perfect combination, Dorothy! I can almost taste the peanut butter flavor oozing out of these babies. Love this combination!

4. Butterfingers are just too good. I can just imagine how perfect they are in blondes….. I hope I won’t have to imagine it for too long….

5. I seriously want them all. Peanut butter chocolate anything will always be my weakness!

6. This i all my food loves in one! I don’t think I’d be able to give them away; I’d eat them all straight out the oven with a fork!

7. Butterfingers WERE the best thing invented until I saw these bars. Seriously they are perfection!

8. These blondies look so delicious. I could totally go for several right now. Butterfingers are my weakness!

9. These blondies look amazing! Butterfingers are one of my top favorites and I’m sure they make for the best blondies! Plus with double the butterfingers and more peanut butter these sound perfect. Pinned 🙂

10. Oh my heavens. I could seriously eat 10 of these!

11. Yum! Mouth is watering! Hah

12. I bet if someone at Sprint tasted these blondies, they’d give you a good deal on your cellphone bill 🙂 I love a good blondie! Pinned!

13. These blondies make me happy 🙂 I couldn’t live without my iphone either.

14. Ugh, WHY doesn’t AT&T accept blondies as an adequate form of payment? SO UNFAIR. I, however, accept blondies as a charity donation. Just sayin’.

15. Oh, yes, these were fantabulous!!! (is that a word? it should be).
    xoxo

16. PB and Butterfingers?! I need these ASAP!

17. You had me at the Caramel Crunch Blondies photo – yum, yum!

18. I think butterfingers belong in all desserts. That’s it. The end. Pass me a dozen please 🙂

19. so is the Peanut Butter Butterfinger recipe listed as your change then to the brown sugar and such? These sound amazing and I love all three also so will be making these no doubt

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 15th, 2014 at 6:04 am

Yes, if you compare the recipes I linked you’ll just see slight differences! 🙂

20. These look super scrummy! Peanut butter everywhere!

21. I could NEVER live without my iPhone either! Such a bad addiction… And I probably couldn’t live without Blondies but I only just totally wrecked two batches for reasons I couldn’t figure out. Definitely must give yours a try, they look divine!

22. So yummy! That seems to be amazing.

23. i have never tried blondies before.. definitely missing out on something delicious. you can never go wrong with peanut butter either, i have a feeling i would love these!

24. ugh. I don’t even know with cell phones. However I am SHOCKED that you haven’t seen those framily commercials…they’re pretty hilarious actually.

anyway.

I love butterfingers. Esp. baking with them! So these blondies are like…amazing. I can tell that they’re chewy and gooey AND crunchy and pretty much perfect in all ways.

25. I have to say, this might be one of the best blondie recipes I have seen in a long time!

26. I want these so badly. I think I’ll make them for work, and then they’ll be too sweet for all my coworkers (I work in a Korean office), and then I’ll have to eat them all myself! But I TRIED to give them away, so the calories don’t count!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 18th, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Exactly! 🙂 And nothing is ever too sweet, that’s just plain funny. 🙂

• Virginia G replied on August 24th, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Korean taste buds have just been trained differently. Their ideas of cakes and cookies just aren’t nearly as sweet as western ones…in fact, they like to eat steamed rice cakes for dessert! Oh well. I made these blondies last night, and they were terrific! If no one eats them at the meeting this week, it just means more for me!

27. These make me very happy too!!! Can’t beat PB and butterfingers together! I feel your pain on cell phone bills – they are SO expensive, and so tricky!!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 19th, 2014 at 6:56 am

They’re so frustrating! Thanks Cate!

28. These are so perfect for around Halloween when all that candy is everywhere! Love the double dose of pb! Funny story – when I was a kid, I didn’t realize Butterfingers were peanut butter.

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 21st, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Neither did I! I just thought it was butterfingers and that was a thing. 🙂

29. I’ve totally thought about paying people with cookies… In fact, I joke about it at least 5 times a week. I think we really need to look into this cookie currency thing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 21st, 2014 at 7:31 pm

SERIOUSLY. It needs to be a thing!

30. Oh my yumminess! I made these last night and as my husband said, “They are richer than Donald Trump, but they are sinfully delicious!” These are so, so, so good! And incredibly easy to make! Thanks for this recipe. I love that I can use the base of this recipe and try adding other candies and all sorts of fun things to it. I can’t wait to experiment with it! Yum, yum, yum!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 16th, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed them Jennifer! And yes, I love doing that with my base recipes. The options are endless!!

31. Pingback: Brown Butter Blondies {A Guest Post from Crazy For Crust!} | The Domestic Rebel

32. Look so good!! How long do you let them cool for?

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 28th, 2015 at 7:40 pm

You can cut them once the pan is cool enough to touch but if you want to take the whole slab out using the foil and cut it outside the pan you might want to wait a few hours. You can also refrigerate them to help them cool faster.