Feb 27

Thin Mint S’mores

You guys. This recipe for Thin Mint S’mores is so easy it’s almost not even a recipe. There’s only two ingredients!

Thin Mint S'mores | crazyforcrust.com | The easiest recipe ever!

Does something ever just hit you and you think “Duh, why haven’t I thought of that before??!!”

That happens to me a lot. More than I’d like to admit, actually.

I mean, it pretty much happens every time I open up Bloglovin to read food blogs. Am I right?

Anyway, the other day at the gym, Hayley and I were torturing ourselves on the stair master and talking about dessert.

{What else is there to talk about on the stair master? Oh, and did you know that Hayley and I are neighbors? She’s, like, the coolest person ever to work out with. Can you say donut leggings?}

We got on the topic of Girl Scout Cookies and what we wanted to do with them and s’mores popped into my head.

I almost considered not even posting it. I mean, it’s so…simple. But then I tasted them.

You all NEED to know about this idea.

Thin Mint S’mores.

Thin Mint S'mores | crazyforcrust.com | The easiest recipe ever!

Two Thin Mints (or the Keebler Grasshoppers) sandwich a roasted marshmallow.

No need for chocolate bars. No need for graham crackers. Just Thin Mints and marshmallows.

{Side note: think of the possibilities! Oreos. Tagalongs. SAMOAS.}

To toast your marshmallow you have three options:

1. The most fun: blowtorch. Just be careful of your curtains and eyebrows.

2. Over a gas stove. They catch fire easily this way, but it’s (sort of) like an open fire.

3. An actual open fire. But that would mean camping and,well, I don’t camp. Actually, I don’t do fire either, which is why I should get a medal for doing #1 AND #2 for this post.

This is the perfect dessert to take with you on your summer camping trip. Freeze some Thin Mints and pack them when you go.

Or, you know, go make them now. Because it’s too easy not to!

Thin Mint S'mores | crazyforcrust.com | The easiest recipe ever!

Seriously, I’m doing this with Samoas next. And Tagalongs. And maybe even Lemonades!

{Psst….if you love Girl Scout recipes – the ones harming the cookies and the ones emulating them – check out my BFF Ashton’s blog, Something Swanky. She’s doing 3 weeks of girl scout cookies! Find all the recipes here.}

Thin Mint S’mores

Yield: 1 smore per two cookies

Thin Mint S’mores

• Thin Mint Cookies (2 per s’more) or you can use the Keebler Grasshopper Cookies (or any cookie!)
  • Large Marshmallows (1 marshmallow makes 2 s’mores)

1. Cut each marshmallow in half with kitchen scissors.
  2. Roast marshmallow over a gas stove, an open fire, or with a kitchen blowtorch.
  3. Sandwich roasted marshmallows between 2 Thin Mint cookies. Serve warm.

Deep Dish Thin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

deep-dish-thin-mint-chocolate-chip-cookies

Samoa Magic Bars

Samoa Magic Bars (4 of 7)w

Brownie Cookie S’mores

brownie-cookie-smores (4 of 5)w

Homemade Thin Mints by Averie Cooks
Cream Cheese Thin Mints by Kitchen Meets Girl
Better Than Thin Mints Grasshopper Poke Cake by Something Swanky

71 Responses to “Thin Mint S’mores”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on February 27, 2014 at 3:07 am (#)

Thanks for linking up my Homemade Thin Mints! Ok this is the most genius idea ever!!! I love this!! I actually have a smores recipe coming my next post and can vouch for using the broiler as a way to roast them but you have to be CAREFUL or those puppies burn. Like literally in 20 secs they are done! I seriously love this idea!!! pinned :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 27th, 2014 at 7:20 am

I’ve used the broiler too and you’re right DON’T walk away!!! They’re like not done…not done… BURNED!

2. Jess posted on February 27, 2014 at 3:34 am (#)

These look delicious! Love s’mores- and this recipe looks fab! And only two ingredients- that’s amazing! :)

3. Holly Waterfall posted on February 27, 2014 at 4:53 am (#)

i LOVE the simplicity here! I’ve made s’mores with Fudge Stripe Cookies and Samoas, and it’s SOOOO incredibly yummy! I just like that it takes away the need for the graham cracker and hershey bar. Way easier!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 27th, 2014 at 7:06 am

I can’t believe I’ve never tried it with cookies before. *gasp*

4. Tieghan posted on February 27, 2014 at 5:48 am (#)

Yet another genius idea, Dorothy! Believe it or not I have never had thin mints because I am a little apposed to mint and chocolate, but I am getting over that and now I need to try these!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 27th, 2014 at 7:06 am

*gasp* really??? OMG try a Thin Mint. You’ll love it. I promise!

5. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on February 27, 2014 at 6:37 am (#)

I love making s’mores from different chocolate covered cookies, but I have never thought about thin mints. Definitely need to try this next time!!! And I so wish I was neighbors with you guys…I need friend motivation to keep me going to the gym!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 27th, 2014 at 7:06 am

I wish we could work out together. That would be so much more fun. Maybe in Miami! My workout clothes are definitely coming with. :)

6. Jen and Emily @ Layers of Happiness posted on February 27, 2014 at 6:57 am (#)

Oh. My. Gosh. This is the most genius idea ever!!! I don’t really like graham crackers, so I normally make s’mores with cookies and nutella… But this idea is soo awesome! You just unlocked a whole new world of possibilities… I’m thinking Tagalog s’mores to go with thin mint s’mores! Now I just need to track down the Girl Scouts that live in my neighborhood ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 27th, 2014 at 7:05 am

Thank you! I know, it seems so simple, but it’s so good. If you can’t find GS cookies, Keebler makes a great equivalent of most flavors!

7. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking posted on February 27, 2014 at 8:21 am (#)

And I thought s’mores couldn’t get any easier than 3 ingredients! Love this 2-ingredient take on a classic. Great idea, Dorothy!

8. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on February 27, 2014 at 8:47 am (#)

Genius! I’m so glad you did post this! It’s simple but such a great idea! I want!

9. Andi @ The Weary Chef posted on February 27, 2014 at 9:35 am (#)

These are pure genius, Dorothy! I happen to have a bunch of thin mints in my cabinet right now, so these are going to become a reality at our house very soon.

10. Cate @ Chez CateyLou posted on February 27, 2014 at 9:58 am (#)

These look so simple and so perfect! And with samoas or tagalongs (my 2 faves) – omg! Such a great idea!

11. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on February 27, 2014 at 10:03 am (#)

Oh my good heavens I think I just died!

12. Serene@HouseofYumm posted on February 27, 2014 at 10:24 am (#)

Simple or not thanks for sharing this!!! So easy and it sounds and looks fantastic! Can’t wait to give this a try :) How have I been going about my daily life not even thinking of using thin mints for smores?!

13. Alyssa @ My Sequined Life posted on February 27, 2014 at 12:42 pm (#)

Oh my gosh – THESE. I was always too busy fawning over Samoas when I was little to pay much attention to Thin Mints, but now I’m rethinking my stance!

14. Jim Wooley posted on February 27, 2014 at 1:50 pm (#)

You can also use a microwave to melt the marshmallow. Just don’t go more than 20 seconds and watch it expand quickly. Works with a graham cracker, but not sure the chocolate on a thin mint would hold up.

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 7:20 am

I can’t believe I’ve never thought of that!! I think once I totally burned marshmallows in the microwave (I walked away, rookie mistake). I need to try it again!

15. Shawn @ I Wash You Dry posted on February 27, 2014 at 2:04 pm (#)

LOVE the simplicity of these. I bet they taste amazing!!

16. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on February 27, 2014 at 2:48 pm (#)

Freaking amazing! And here I thought you were just muttering something from Stair Master delirium ;) they look AWESOME!!

17. Kathi @ Deliciously Yum! posted on February 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm (#)

Yes, yes, and yes! I just got a blowtorch a couple of weeks ago and now I know what to do with it. Can’t wait to devour these!

18. Sammi @MissSammiSunshine.blogspot.com posted on February 27, 2014 at 3:03 pm (#)

S’mores are my favorite thing ever! Add thin mint to it…. and I am in heaven. Great idea!

19. Sis posted on February 27, 2014 at 4:50 pm (#)

Love it…we have been nuking marshmallows with peppermint patties on graham crackers when ever we yearn for the ole campfire.

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 7:15 am

I never thought about the microwave! Genius!

20. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on February 27, 2014 at 5:07 pm (#)

Wowzers, why didnt I think of this?! LOL So simple but I bet they taste amazing!!

21. Leslie posted on February 27, 2014 at 5:11 pm (#)

I’m not a big mint person but my boyfriend loves it. He would love a couple of these. Thanks for sharing.

22. Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent posted on February 27, 2014 at 5:31 pm (#)

Wow! I think you made Girl Scout cookies even better. That is dangerous!

23. DessertForTwo posted on February 27, 2014 at 6:37 pm (#)

If my husband sees this, he will leave me for you. No joke. His favorite cookie + his favorite flavor! omg NEED!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 6:59 am

LOL!! My husband won’t touch them. He thinks marshmallows are the devil or something. ;)

24. Laurie F. posted on February 27, 2014 at 6:50 pm (#)

Sometimes it takes a genius to see the simplest things that no one else is seeing! Thanks for another inspiration!

25. Beth @ bethcakes posted on February 27, 2014 at 6:59 pm (#)

S’mores are my favorite thing and I cannot believe you used Thin Mints. Definitely just had one of those “DUH, why didn’t I think of that?” moments. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 6:59 am

Right? Like, so easy it makes you wonder where your head has been. :)

26. Amy @Very Culinary posted on February 27, 2014 at 9:10 pm (#)

I do this with Oreos. Brilliant!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 6:57 am

I don’t know WHY I’ve never thought of this before. :)

27. Lauren @ Jesus and a Side of Peanut Butter posted on February 27, 2014 at 10:57 pm (#)

As I was drooling over these pictures, I could have sworn the marshmallow goo started dripping. Insane? I don’t think so. My package of thin mints will be here next week ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 6:56 am

LOL wouldn’t that be cool? Live action blog photos!

28. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on February 27, 2014 at 11:28 pm (#)

I would start going back the gym everyday if it meant I could have Thin Mint S’mores all the time! I literally goggled this last night! Love the idea!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 6:56 am

#greatminds Thanks Julianne!

29. Kelly posted on February 28, 2014 at 3:08 am (#)

These look delicious – such a great idea Dorothy! Love s’mores and with only two ingredients – that’s brilliant!

30. Mary Frances posted on February 28, 2014 at 6:18 am (#)

I need a workout partner like that! Ooey gooey mint and chocolate? I must try this!

31. Ashton posted on February 28, 2014 at 11:00 am (#)

BRILLIANT!!! And amazing, gorgeous, divine photography here!

32. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on February 28, 2014 at 2:12 pm (#)

I’m so jealous you and Hayley get to work out together!

AND THAT YOU HAD THIS IDEA!! I tooootally am doing this with tagalongs!!!!

33. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on February 28, 2014 at 2:48 pm (#)

Dorothy, these are INSANE!!!

34. Amy posted on February 28, 2014 at 5:02 pm (#)

You are BRILLIANT!!! These totally deserve to be posted. Seriously genius idea because you get slightly melty chocolate from the cookies, plus EXTRA chocolate on the outside. It’s my chocoholic dream s’more!! Now I just need to find a Girl Scout… I haven’t bought any cookies yet this season!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 28th, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I didn’t either! Keebler is a great sub. :)

• Amy replied on February 28th, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Smart lady!! They cost an arm and a leg… Not really in my food blog pantry budget! ;)

35. Kayla posted on March 1, 2014 at 9:53 am (#)

This is genius. Just pure genius! How did you think of this master piece? I love it, if you con’t tell ;)

36. Tonia posted on March 1, 2014 at 10:45 pm (#)

These are too amazing for words! LOVE!!

37. Pingback: SUNDAY FUN DAY – SUNDAY, MARCH 2, 2014 | Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice

38. Pingback: Thin Mint Truffle Brownies - Crazy for Crust

39. Melissa @ Bless this Mess posted on March 5, 2014 at 7:20 am (#)

I die!!! We made a fire in our fireplace on Friday with the kids just o make these. They were awesome. You, my friend, are a dessert ninja! So simple yet so divine. Thanks!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 6th, 2014 at 6:40 pm

OMG that’s so awesome. I love it! Thanks Melissa!!!

40. Pingback: Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon Chips - Bless This Mess

41. Pingback: The Ultimate Girl Scout Cookie Inspired Recipe Round Up

42. Pingback: Slam Dunk Peanut Butter Cookie Reese’s S’mores - Crazy for Crust

43. Pingback: 25 Marshmallow Treats - Somewhat Simple

44. Pingback: Fudge Stripes S’mores | So Many Random Things

45. Pingback: Fun Stuff • Arm Knitting + Sailor Moon Hoodies + S’mores Forever | The Pink Smaurai

46. Pingback: 11 Delicious Desserts with S’mores - The Recipe Daily

47. Pingback: Pie Crust Ice Cream Bowls - Crazy for Crust

48. Pingback: The Thursday Thirteen – June 26, 2014 | Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice

49. Pingback: No Bake S'mores Bars - Crazy for Crust