This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These Brownie Cookie S’mores are a fabulous twist on an old favorite. Brownie cookies are mixed with marshmallows and graham crackers for a decadent and easy s’more summertime treat!
I do not like camping. Not one little bit.
I have not, in fact, been camping since I was 14. And that was in an RV. The last time I camped, like with a tent, was probably when I was under 8. It was cold, the ground was hard, and I had to pee in a porta potty in my mom and dad’s tent.
That is NOT a memory I enjoy or particularly want to recreate.
A few months ago Jordan had a creative writing assignment that was to write about a camping trip. I think she was the only one in the class that had to ask if it was okay if she wrote about a trip to San Diego to visit her family. I know, I’m stunting her growth by not subjecting her to dirt, bugs, scary midnight noises, and sleeping outdoors.
I’ve told my husband he is welcome to take her camping. I’ll just go to the spa instead. The poor guy. Do you know that he actually river rafted down the Colorado River before we met? Yeah, there for sure aren’t any plumbed bathrooms on that trail.
I’m a princess and I know it.
So, needless to say, we don’t do campfire s’mores. Once in awhile we’ll hoover over the BBQ or the gas stove.
Or, in the case of these brownie cookie s’mores, we huddled around the broiler.
I love, love, LOVE roasted marshmallows. I can eat 20 in a sitting, no joke. I also love graham crackers and brownies, so this recipe is kind of magical for me.
And it’s way, way too easy.
1. Make some brownie cookies. I used a brownie mix.
2. Broil/roast some marshmallows on top of graham crackers.
3. Smoosh the brownie cooking on top.
4. Eat 6 while no one is watching.
Seriously, these cookies almost make me want to camp. Almost.
But not quite. I’d rather just eat these and pretend I’m camping. You know, with four walls, indoor plumbing, and a pillow-top mattress.
Brownie Cookie S’mores
- 1 box dark chocolate fudge brownie mix 9x13 pan size
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 18 graham cracker halves 9 sheets
- 18 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix brownie mix, oil, egg, and water in a large bowl with an electric or hand mixer. Beat until it comes together in a thick dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon scoops of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until they lose the glossy sheen around the edges but are still a little shiny in the middle. Cool completely before assembling s’mores.
- Turn oven to broil. Place graham cracker halves on cookie sheet and top with a large marshmallow. Broil for just a few minutes, until the marshmallow is browned to your liking. Remove from oven and immediately press a brownie cookie on top of each s’more. Cool slightly before eating.
Other recipes you might like:
S’mores Brownie Cheesecake Bars
Sweets from friends:
Mexican Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores by Young, Broke, & Hungry
S’mores Sliders by Mom on Timeout
Nutter Butter S’mores by Something Swanky
Last Updated on May 13, 2020
Brilliant! I love this idea. I love being creative with S’mores. You just can’t have enough chocolate so a brownie is perfect!
These are SO fun! I could seriously eat at least 12 of these for lunch right now.
I know!! Me too!
These are so awesome Dorothy! Featuring tomorrow 🙂
Yum! These look DELICIOUS! Doesn’t seem like they take too much effort either (which is always nice!) I think they might have to be my next project 🙂
Enjoy Holly! Thank you!
My idea of camping is glamping & a recipe like this! I can’t wait to try this!
We went camping to at least 2 different National Parks every summer while I was growing up! All I knew was that I LOVED that I got to eat s’mores every night and I didn’t have to shower every day. Seriously, it’s a little kid’s dream! (And now I’d rather spend every night in my own bed with my thick mattress without putting any smelly bug spray all over my clothes and PJs. Oh well…)
We actually JUST starting making s’mores indoors right before my vacation! We used a crème brûlée torch for roasting the marshmallows, and it was so fun. I ate at least 2 or 3 for multiple nights in a row… I used dark chocolate, but a brownie sounds just as good!
I want one of those torches, badly!! Mmmm..dark chocolate s’mores. Yes please!
The torch is actually my mom’s! My dad bought it for her for Christmas about 5-7 years ago, and when she STILL hadn’t used it a few weeks ago, I stole it (with her permission though!). I’ve heard you can get similar torches at Home Depot and Ace for much cheaper; might be worth checking out!