Brownie Cookie S’mores
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These Brownie Cookie S’mores are a fabulous twist on an old favorite. Brownie cookies are mixed with marshmallows and graham crackers for a decadent and easy s’more summertime treat!
I do not like camping. Not one little bit.
I have not, in fact, been camping since I was 14. And that was in an RV. The last time I camped, like with a tent, was probably when I was under 8. It was cold, the ground was hard, and I had to pee in a porta potty in my mom and dad’s tent.
That is NOT a memory I enjoy or particularly want to recreate.
A few months ago Jordan had a creative writing assignment that was to write about a camping trip. I think she was the only one in the class that had to ask if it was okay if she wrote about a trip to San Diego to visit her family. I know, I’m stunting her growth by not subjecting her to dirt, bugs, scary midnight noises, and sleeping outdoors.
I’ve told my husband he is welcome to take her camping. I’ll just go to the spa instead. The poor guy. Do you know that he actually river rafted down the Colorado River before we met? Yeah, there for sure aren’t any plumbed bathrooms on that trail.
I’m a princess and I know it.
So, needless to say, we don’t do campfire s’mores. Once in awhile we’ll hoover over the BBQ or the gas stove.
Or, in the case of these brownie cookie s’mores, we huddled around the broiler.
I love, love, LOVE roasted marshmallows. I can eat 20 in a sitting, no joke. I also love graham crackers and brownies, so this recipe is kind of magical for me.
And it’s way, way too easy.
1. Make some brownie cookies. I used a brownie mix.
2. Broil/roast some marshmallows on top of graham crackers.
3. Smoosh the brownie cooking on top.
4. Eat 6 while no one is watching.
Seriously, these cookies almost make me want to camp. Almost.
But not quite. I’d rather just eat these and pretend I’m camping. You know, with four walls, indoor plumbing, and a pillow-top mattress.
Brownie Cookie S’mores
- 1 box dark chocolate fudge brownie mix — 9x13 pan size
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 18 graham cracker halves — 9 sheets
- 18 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix brownie mix, oil, egg, and water in a large bowl with an electric or hand mixer. Beat until it comes together in a thick dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon scoops of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until they lose the glossy sheen around the edges but are still a little shiny in the middle. Cool completely before assembling s’mores.
- Turn oven to broil. Place graham cracker halves on cookie sheet and top with a large marshmallow. Broil for just a few minutes, until the marshmallow is browned to your liking. Remove from oven and immediately press a brownie cookie on top of each s’more. Cool slightly before eating.
Other recipes you might like: