Nov 03

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn

This Peanut Butter Caramel Corn is super easy to make and makes a great gift or movie night snack!

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn | crazyforcrust.com| SO easy to make!

Did you know that the Olympics are on in my house? No, not the Winter or Summer Olympics. Not even the Kern Olympics (coming soon; Mel and I share a trainer and he keeps talking about the “Kern Olympics”). No, I’m talking about the “Annoy Mom Olympics.”

Do you have those in your house too? Good, now I feel better. Let’s talk events; ours is jam-packed with them.

The Whining Olympics: watch and listen as your child makes a face and says “Mooooooooooom!” no matter what comes out of your mouth.

The Bath Time Olympics: Closely related to the Whining Olympics, Bath Time Olympics produce instant tears when bath time occurs. Gold medals awarded to every child who repeatedly ask for a wash up, no matter how many times you’ve said no.

The Dessert Olympics: Feel your blood pressure rise at this spectacular event because you will be asked, repeatedly, for a second treat. It doesn’t matter what the first treat was (a mini candy bar, small square of fudge, or a 1/3 of a cheesecake); seconds will be asked for. Gold medals awarded to those who effectively make their mom’s heads explode in less than 5 minutes.

You know what the best part about the Annoy Mom Olympics is? It never ends! Events continue for years at a time, and when one event ends, another new one takes it’s place. I’m super excited for The Teen Olympics. My mom loves to tell me how horrible I was as a teen, but she really knows nothing about how my friends were. I was a saint. Jordan? She’s not like me, she’s like her dad. And that is what scares me.

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn | crazyforcrust.com| SO easy to make!

So…I needed popcorn therapy last week. Really, I need it every week. Especially when it’s peanut butter. And caramel corn.

I love caramel corn. Love as in, do not bring it into my house or I will rip your hand off trying to get it to my mouth. I’ll eat it and eat it and eat it until my mouth is raw, my hands are stuck together, and I’m sick.

So, naturally, I decided to ADD more sugar to it. Because that’s what I do. Dessert squared.

This Peanut Butter Caramel Corn would be great for Christmas gifts. Yes, I just said Christmas. It’s November, time to start thinking about gifts to give!

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn | crazyforcrust.com| SO easy to make!

I love caramel corn, but I don’t love making it. I’ve never been able to make it not break your teeth. So until I can cross the perfect caramel corn off my bucket list, I like to start my caramel corn munch recipes with store-bought caramel corn. I had some G.H. Cretors caramel corn that I used for this recipe. Use your favorite kind of caramel corn – there are so many to choose from.

To make the candy coating, I melted white chocolate chips with peanut butter. It makes the best peanut butter candy when you do that! And it’s so easy. Just a note though: if you use white chocolate chips the candy will melt in your hands as you’re eating the popcorn. If you use a candy melt, like Wilton or Candiquik, the hand melting won’t be as bad. Either way is fine, use what you can find.

I also chopped up some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for this popcorn. More peanut butter is better. It’s a scientific fact!

Once you chill your popcorn and it hardens, you simply break it up and serve or package. Store it in the refrigerator so it doesn’t melt as easy when you’re eating it. It comes together literally in minutes. This popcorn is the gold medalist of The Speed Treat Olympics.

And it won’t whine while it’s chilling. And, chances are, if your kids eat it, they’ll stop whining for a second.

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn | crazyforcrust.com| SO easy to make!

But I can almost guarantee they’ll ask for seconds. :)

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn

12 servings

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn

• 2 cups white chocolate chips, or you can use white almond bark or Candiquik, see note
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 8-12 ounces caramel corn
  • 25 Minature Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

1. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat (silpat) or you can use parchment paper.
  2. Melt your white chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium power in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating, until melted and smooth.
  3. Pour caramel corn and chopped Reese’s into white chocolate mixture and stir to coat. Pour out onto prepared cookie sheet and chill to set.
  4. Optional: add a chocolate drizzle. Once the popcorn is hardened, melt chocolate chips in a small bowl. Add to a sandwich sized ziploc bag and cut off a tiny tip of one corner. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the popcorn in a swirl pattern. Harden, then break into pieces. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.

Notes

If you use white chocolate chips the caramel corn will melt faster in your hands. Using almond bark or Candiquik (found in the baking aisle) can help avoid that. I used white chocolate chips and just had to wipe my hands after eating.

Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn

Oreo-Peanut-Butter-Popcorn (3 of 4)

Zebra Popcorn

zebra popcorn 2 words

Kitchen Sink Popcorn

Peanut Butter Kitchen Sink Popcorn 2

Peanut Butter Popcorn Munch by Mom on Timeout
Buttery Biscoff Waffle Mix by The Domestic Rebel
Salted Toffee Chocolate Popcorn by Something Swanky

This post may be linked to all of these parties.

49 Responses to “Peanut Butter Caramel Corn”

1. Trish posted on November 3, 2013 at 7:16 am (#)

Oh my gosh, I do the same thing with caramel corn. I’ll literally be sitting there eating it saying (sometimes out loud) “Trish, you have to stop. Please stop. You’re going to get sick.” And it never works. I just eat until there’s none left. So naturally I’m going to make this and eat it all. Thanks :)

2. Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent posted on November 3, 2013 at 10:01 am (#)

This looks amazing. I bet it tastes great.. Definitely a great idea for gifts :)

3. Gloria @ Simply Gloria posted on November 3, 2013 at 11:21 am (#)

Funny, we have the annoy mom olympics here every day. In fact, I was asked to be the invisible mom for Halloween. (Ouch!) But the teen olympics are definitely here at my house…just a little drama. (And, I have all boys! It’s the gf drama!!)
    Love this caramel popcorn action you have going on here!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Yes, girls are so much worse!!

4. Megan - The Emotional Baker posted on November 3, 2013 at 11:29 am (#)

You are too funny! I’ve never made anything with popcorn, but this looks amazing. I’ll have to give it a try.

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Be careful, it’s addicting! :)

5. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on November 3, 2013 at 12:13 pm (#)

OMG I love caramel corn and this looks like it’s my dream food. Slathered with a white choc + PB coating and Reese’s and choc chips. I would have to donate this or I’d eat the whole thing :) Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I thought of you the entire time I was making it! :) Thanks for the pin!

6. Jenn@eatcakefordinner posted on November 3, 2013 at 12:44 pm (#)

I love peanut butter and white chocolate together – yummy!

7. Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life posted on November 3, 2013 at 12:50 pm (#)

This.is.perfect.ohmygosh. You just made caramel corn better … and I didn’t know that was possible. Is there a caramel corn Olympics? Because this would get gold!

8. mrsblocko posted on November 3, 2013 at 1:39 pm (#)

I found a pb caramel corn from scratch recipe a few weeks ago. I’ve made it 3 times so far! This is the chewy, not crunchy version of caramel corn so you might have good luck with it. I’ve even substituted the pb for that Jif mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread that was met with high praise from coffee lovers. Recipe is here, second one on the page: http://www.ruerococo.com/1/post/2013/10/halloween-caramel-corn.html

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:43 pm

That sounds wonderful!

9. Jennie @themessybakerblog posted on November 3, 2013 at 2:02 pm (#)

Oh yeah, I think this popcorn could cure any type of stress. I wouldn’t mind stress eating popcorn right now. Pinned.

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Thanks for the pin Jennie!

10. Renee@ Two in the Kitchen posted on November 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm (#)

Oh wow, I LOVE peanut butter! I would probably eat this whole batch and not let my kids have firsts let alone seconds!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Psst…I didn’t share… :)

11. Emily @ Life on Food posted on November 3, 2013 at 4:04 pm (#)

There are no limits to my stomach capacity when popcorn is in front of me. This looks like a dream come true.

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:39 pm

LOL, you’re not alone! :)

12. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on November 3, 2013 at 6:24 pm (#)

This combines almost all of my favorite things, and I love that it’s broken up like a chocolate bark for easy snacking. This will be perfect for Christmas dinner!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I want to come to your house for Christmas! :)

13. Mom posted on November 3, 2013 at 6:50 pm (#)

Wow, this does look great. I ate half that bag of caramel corn on the way home after you gave it to me. Now I’m going to have to go open the other bag!!! And I never said you were a horrible teen…I know you were great compared to so many kids. You just didn’t speak more than a few words to use for what seemed like years! Maybe that was a good thing…??? lol
    xoxo, Mom

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 3rd, 2013 at 7:27 pm

It probably was. Better than cursing you, lol. :)

14. Erin | The Emerging Foodie posted on November 3, 2013 at 6:53 pm (#)

Mmm, this is brilliant. So brilliant. I want it. Except I’m a little full from the dessert popcorn I made this weekend. But give me a few minutes and I’ll be ready for yours. :)

15. Tieghan posted on November 3, 2013 at 7:28 pm (#)

Oh my gosh, Dorothy! I would beg you for seconds of this! Beg to you gave in! Peanut butter, white chocolate, chocolate and caramel!! So much deliciousness!

16. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on November 3, 2013 at 10:54 pm (#)

So that’s what it is called…we have whine olympics here on a regular basis. And disobey parents olympics and talk back olympics! Glad to know I’m not alone in this. Although I might be winning at the whine olympics right now because I seriously want that popcorn in my mouth and it’s not here!!!! So yummy! I made one pretty similar to this about 2 months ago…sheesh I need to finish posting stuff before I make more huh? Thanks for reminding me about that one :-)

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 4th, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Oh gosh, the talk back olympics. We totally have those too!!

17. Kristin posted on November 4, 2013 at 4:31 am (#)

I think it’s the salty/sweet combo that makes treats like this irresistible!

18. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on November 4, 2013 at 7:58 am (#)

The Whine Olympics … you made me laugh! If you don’t get a break in the marathon, at least you’ve got a great caramel corn creation to help you get thru it ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 4th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Yes, and it’s needed. :) Thanks Brenda!

19. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction posted on November 4, 2013 at 8:11 am (#)

I recently had a peanut butter caramel corn for the first time and it was amazing! I’m sure your recipe is just as addicting!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 4th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Thanks Jessica!

20. Heather @ French Press posted on November 4, 2013 at 12:19 pm (#)

this would definitely help me with the teen aged whining that is happening nightly here

21. Becca from ItsYummi.com posted on November 4, 2013 at 1:54 pm (#)

Put me in the oven… I’m DONE for! These are going to be the treat that takes me away from #FitBy50 and puts me into the land of “I LOVE YOU DOROTHY!” :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 4th, 2013 at 6:03 pm

LOL Becca! Thanks!

22. Dina posted on November 4, 2013 at 3:19 pm (#)

it looks yummy!

23. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on November 4, 2013 at 3:40 pm (#)

Girl. You DESERVE this entire batch. I mean…maybe I’ll just take a handful…O:)

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 4th, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I’ll fight you for it. ;) lol

24. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on November 5, 2013 at 8:37 am (#)

Haha – I’ll be dealing with the mom Olympics soon, I suppose! ;) This popcorn looks simply perfect!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 5th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

You’ve got a few years! :) Thanks Jennifer!

25. Ginger posted on November 9, 2013 at 9:07 pm (#)

Oh. my. goodness. This looks sooooo good!

26. Kristen Duke posted on November 11, 2013 at 3:32 pm (#)

Oh yum!!! I think peanut butter makes just about everything better so I’m definitely loving this recipe!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 11th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Thanks Kristen!

27. Amy posted on November 14, 2013 at 10:06 pm (#)

Aww I hope the Annoy Mom Olympics at least take a commercial break sometime soon! (Despite being an adult, I always indulge in the Dessert kind… Because who doesn’t love seconds of the best “meal” of the day? ;) )Totally genius to combine PB and caramel corn too!

28. Ashley posted on December 18, 2013 at 1:47 pm (#)

This was the best thing I’ve ever eaten in my life. I made it today to put in gift baskets for Xmas and I couldn’t stop. I will make it again and again. Thanks! Especially excited to send this to my dad; a lot of our family memories involved popcorn =)

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 18th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Ohmigosh, thank you for telling me you loved it! I’m so glad. I hope he loves it too!

29. Pingback: 10 Movie Snack Recipes {gluten-free} and a 'We Love Movies' Giveaway {$80}! | Boulder Locavore

30. Pingback: Chocolatey PB Caramel Corn!! | Unremarkable

31. Pingback: Chocolatey PB Caramel Corn!! | Hungry Holly Runs

32. Pingback: Moose Munch Peanut Butter Cookies {visiting harry & david} - Crazy for Crust