This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Conagra, but all opinions are my own.
Zebra Popcorn is a fun copycat recipe that you can make at home with just 3 ingredients! This easy recipe starts with Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn so it’s a DIY recipe that anyone can make – even the kids!
Back-to-school is looking very different this year for most of us. Our district is doing 100% distance learning for the foreseeable future so I’m working hard to serve up smiles and bring the feel-goods back so we can start the year on a positive note.
Zebra Popcorn with Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP is one of my daughter’s favorite treats. We make this often and I’ve perfected the recipe so that it’s the easiest thing ever to make – with just 3 ingredients – and she can even make it herself for a snack.
There’s going to be a lot of that – her making her own snacks – this year while she’s home all day and I’m working full time. At least now I know she can serve up one of her favorite treats – easily!
Table of Contents
What is Zebra Popcorn?
The original Zebra Popcorn is gourmet caramel corn coated in ribbons of chocolate and white chocolate (hence the name “zebra”).
While we love caramel corn, I feel that coating it in chocolate isn’t really a snack and more of a full-on dessert, so we’ve come up with a workaround: we make ours using Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn.
I love BOOMCHICKAPOP because it’s whole-grain, non-GMO and made with real, simple ingredients. I regularly buy the 6-count 1 ounce bags because the salty and sweet kettle corn only has 140 calories per bag and 0 grams trans fats per serving.
It’s an easy, salty-sweet snack that’s ready to eat any time we want it, and it’s also perfect to turn into Zebra Popcorn with just a few extra ingredients.
The Feel-Goods for Back To School
Everyone enjoys those foods that just make you feel good. Conagra and Walmart are serving up these foods to make back-to-school a little easier and tastier.
Use Walmart Online Grocery to find all your favorite “feel-goods” before the start of school!
Since we’re all about easy snacks in our house, here are a few of my favorite feel-goods that I ordered for our back-to-school needs:
- Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn (used to make this Zebra Popcorn)
- SNACK PACK Juicy Gels Cups Two of our favorite treats have combined to create the ultimate snack experience: Orange Fanta and juicy Gels Cups! With 90 calories per serving, SNACK PACK Gel Cups are gluten-free and are the perfect lunchbox treat or a snack between meals.
- Duncan Hines Chocolate Chunk Mega Cookie Mix The perfect easy cookie snack, you can serve up a gooey chocolate chunk cookie in minutes – you can even make this in the microwave!
- Duncan Hines Unicorn Cake Cup Vanilla Cake Mix with Sprinkles You know this one is my favorite – it’s a colorful magical treat! Just add water and you have a cup of cake that’s ready in minutes. It’s a great single serving dessert when you just want a little something.
These snacks and desserts will help you get back-to-school with a smile – and they’ll make snacking easier when life is anything but! Shop your back-to-school favorites from Conagra brands at Walmart.
Make Back to School Easy
Even if back-to-school is different this year we can keep our kids happy with our favorite feel-goods – if we are happy they will be too!
- Mondays are Mega Cookie Mix Day – let the kids make themselves the Duncan Hines Chocolate Chunk Mega Cookie as an after dinner treat.
- Tuesdays are for keeping it classic with a PB&J! Reach for Peter Pan creamy peanut butter and favorite kind of jelly for a quick and easy lunch.
- Wednesday is for UNICORNS – let them make their own after school snack with the Duncan Hines Unicorn Cake Cup Vanilla Cake Mix!
- Thursday is easy snack day – they can grab a SNACK PACK Juicy Gels Cup while you’re stuck on a conference call.
- Friday is a day to celebrate the weekend with Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP and Zebra Popcorn!
How to make Zebra Popcorn
The three ingredients you need to make this recipe are:
- Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn
- Chocolate melts
- White chocolate melts
When it comes to the melts, you can grab those along with the popcorn and all your snack needs at Walmart. There are several different kinds of chocolate melts in the baking aisle, so pick the ones you like best.
Simply spread out the popcorn on a large cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Melt your white and chocolate melts in small bowls. Place each in a separate sandwich bag and snip off one tip to create a piping bag.
Drizzle the white chocolate all over the popcorn, then do the same with the semi-sweet chocolate.
Let the popcorn harden, then break it up and serve or store it in an airtight container.
Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Zebra Popcorn is an easy and delicious treat that will for sure give you and your kids the feel-goods this school year!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Zebra Popcorn Recipe
- 6 ounces Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn from Walmart
- 5 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate candy melts
- Spread Kettle Corn on a large cookie sheet that's been covered with parchment paper.
- Melt both candy coating according to package directions. Place each in a small sandwich bag.
- Cut the tip off the white chocolate and drizzle all over the popcorn. Repeat with semi-sweet chocolate.
- Chill until set, about 20 minutes. Break up pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Make Easy Zebra Popcorn recipe with Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Kettle Corn! This DIY copycat recipe is so easy with just 3 ingredients and is the perfect dessert or snack recipe!
Last Updated on August 6, 2020