get new recipes in your email box:

Nov 21

Oreo Peppermint Bark

My absolute favorite bark EVER – Oreo Peppermint Bark. So easy a kid can make it!

Oreo Peppermint Bark | crazyforcrust.com

A few weeks ago Jordan got in her “I want to make something” mood so I stopped what I was doing and immediately took her in the kitchen. She rarely wants to bake with me, so I gotta seize that opportunity when I can!

Her requirement was that the recipe include candy canes. She wanted to make something as a “trial run” for Christmas. I swear, this kid is going to be in testing when she grows up. It’s all about “I have to try it to see if I like it.”

{BTW, I have still not found a new monkey bread recipe she deems “suitable” for Christmas morning. Sigh.}

Can you tell who rules my roost? Anyway.

Obviously, I wanted something easy, so I immediately thought of bark. I mean – a kid can make bark without any trouble at all. The hardest part is crushing the candy canes…and not getting them all over the place.

So yeah, pretty much this recipe is so easy a kid can do it…because one did.

Oreo Peppermint Bark | crazyforcrust.com

I think this is my most favorite bark ever. I can’t stop eating it! And the best part? It was a trial for Christmas Eve… so we get to make it again!

I bet you want the recipe right? Well, you’re in luck. I’m a part of the Handmade Holidays: Bake Craft Sew this year with A Southern Fairytale, and you can find the recipe for the Oreo Peppermint Bark here on her site!

300 graphic bcs

Enjoy!

Want the Oreo Peppermint Bark Recipe? Click here to go to A Southern Fairytale for the recipe!

Other bark you might like:

Sugar Cookie Bark

sugar cookie bark

Toffee Bark

toffee bark

Caramel Potato Chip Bark

Caramel Potato Chip Bark by www.crazyforcrust.com #bark #candy #caramel

Ritz Rolo Bark by Something Swanky
Mocha Meringue Bark by Dieter’s Downfall
Peanut Brittle Bark by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

This post may be linked to all of these parties.

62 comments on “Oreo Peppermint Bark

1. Yum yum! Can’t wait to try this one Dorothy!

2. Oreos, chocolate, and candy canes. Seriously – how can you go wrong? I like Jordan’s thinking. 🙂 Candy canes, while boring to some, are one of my favorite candies 😉

3. This bark looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing 🙂

4. This is the perfect Christmas Bark!

5. LOVE having you involved this year! Thank you so much for joining in! This oreo peppermint bark is AMAZING.

One of my kids’ favorite breakfasts is monkey bread!!! <3

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 21st, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Thanks for having me Rachel! Your kids should come to my house. I’ve been testing recipes all week and have about 4 batches of monkey bread on my counter, lol!

6. I think adding oreos to peppermint bark was such a fantastic idea!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 21st, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Nancy!

• Helane replied on December 22nd, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Stumbled upon this recipe looking for peppermint bark to bring to someone’s Christmas Eve party – this looks great and I plan to make it with my daughter. Just wondering, would the limited edition Candy Cane Oreos help or hurt the overall concoction – whadya think?

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 22nd, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Oh, I think those would be FABULOUS. The more candy cane the better! 🙂

7. This is gorgeous, Dorothy! Peppermint bark is one of my favorite holiday treats – and with Oreos? Swoon!!

8. Looks amazing!! I’m doing something similar with the green minty Oreos!!! Mmmmm– peppermint/mint + oreos = LOVE

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 21st, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Of course, lol.:) Can’t wait to see it!

9. Dorothy, I not only want to make this for Christmas, I want to frame that photo and put it up in my kitchen for a Christmas decoration!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:37 am

Thanks Laurie! I really love how these photos turned out! 🙂

10. So fun!! Jordan is so going to follow in you foot steps! Already testing recipes!

11. you have a food blogger in the making Dorothy 🙂 and I love the candy canes

12. Oreo, chocolate and candy canes are a wonderful trio! Jordan was spot on!!

13. Pingback: Link Love / 08 | The Barn

14. I love that Jordan wanted to do a “trial run”. What a pro! Makes me think that I better start doing “trial runs” of all of my Christmas cookies, just to be safe 🙂

15. Would you believe me if I said I’d never made bark before? Yes, I am feeling shame:) That sugar cookie dough bark sounds incredible! But Oreos and peppermint? Guess I’ll have to sacrifice and make both, just to make sure I like them! 😉

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:35 am

You must try some this year – it’s SO easy and you can make so many flavors!

16. lol I love Jordan, she’s so awesome! This bark looks so delicious and just screams CHRISTMAS!

17. I’ve never made bark before. This Oreos and peppermint treat looks so good, I just have to give it a try.

18. This is so great! I am so making this for my husband’s coworkers for Christmas! I am going to use Peppermint Joe-Joe’s from Trader Joe’s for extra candy cane flavor!!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:32 am

Oh yes. Those would be AMAZING. They didn’t have them out yet when I made this or those surely would have been in there!

19. Okay, I’m all over this one.

20. Loving how easy this recipe is… and pretty!

21. Bark in a cellophane bag with curling ribbon is the easiest and prettiest gift from the kitchen! Bonus points for the kids being able to make it! I am thinking that Jordan needs a permanent position as flavor suggester in the Crazy For Crust bark department. This crunchy combo is mouth watering!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:31 am

Yes, I think she does too. Although EVERYTHING would be mint, ha!

22. Aww that’s so sweet (no pun intended?) that Jordan wanted to make something! And even sweeter of you to stop what you were doing that very second and oblige. You’re a wonderful mom — don’t forget that! 🙂

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:31 am

Yes, well. I feel like every time I actually stop what I’m doing it makes up for the times I don’t, lol!

23. Love it! This would be a great gift to send my little sister. You can’t go wrong with oreos! Thank you for sharing!

24. This sounds awesome! I love that your daughter runs the QA department of your kitchen. 🙂 Adding Oreos to anything pretty much makes it amazing, so I’m sure this bark is fantastic.

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:30 am

Thanks Elizabeth! Yes, she runs pretty much the whole house, lol!

25. Beautiful and looks delicious! This would be perfect for holiday cookie/candy boxes 🙂

26. I am making this today, can’t wait. Thanks!

27. Pingback: 23 Christmas Eats and Treats - Cherished Bliss

28. Pingback: Wonderland: Holiday Party | COSMICaroline

29. Pingback: Magic Bar Bark - Crazy for Crust

30. YUMMY!!! We love bark at our house! Thx for the recipe. 🙂

31. Pingback: Oreo Peppermint Bark: Homemade Holiday Inspiration

32. Pingback: The Ultimate Christmas Candy Recipe Collection - Two Chics And A Blog

33. Pingback: Oreo Kerstrecepten'Hare Maristeit'

34. Pingback: Christmas Desserts

35. How would you store this?

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 10th, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Store the bark in a sealed container. It’s best eaten at room temperature. In winter, it’s usually okay to leave it on the counter, but if your house is unusually warm (or if you notice it starting to melt) then you can store it in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

36. Pingback: 50+ Christmas Treats Featuring CandiQuik!

37. Pingback: 30 Peppermint Desserts (she: Mariah) - Or so she says...

38. Pingback: Oreo Kerstrecepten

39. Pingback: Peppermint Dessert Recipes For Christmas | My Name Is Snickerdoodle

40. Absolutely divine. I just… don’t even have words. A-may-zing!

41. I love the recipe for Peppermint Bark that Jordan created.  I would love to publish it in a little e-newsletter that goes to retired teachers, with credit of course to you and Jordan.  I was planning now for a Christmas issue with several quick, easy, and delicious recipes.  Would that be all right?

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 15th, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Is it possible for you to publish a photo and link back for the recipe so people click through, since it’s one e-newsletter? Otherwise no one will come to the website. Thanks!

42. Yes, I can and would be delighted to use your photo as well as the recipe.  😊

43. Oops!  I have a number out of whack on my email!  I’m fixing it now.  So, again, yes I can publish a link back to the recipe and would be happy to do that.