Jun 01

Chocolate Chip Orange Cookies

These Chocolate Chip Orange Cooies are soft and rich – the perfect chocolate chip cookies with a hint of orange!

choclate-chip-orange-cookies (2 of 4)w

choclate-chip-orange-cookies (3 of 4)

It is so hard for me to make “regular” desserts. You know, the basics: vanilla cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes. Plain cheesecake. Chocolate chip cookies.

I feel like they’ve all been done so. many. times. Why add just another recipe?

But sometimes I get asked for a regular old cheesecake. Or a plain chocolate chip cookie. And I feel like I have to oblige a request, right? I figure, I’ll just skip photographing and posting.

But then the recipe turns out so pretty. And YUMMY. And I want to share it.

Like these Chocolate Chip Orange Cookies. Aren’t they gorgeous? And they are SO good – they are my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.

choclate-chip-orange-cookies (4 of 4)

Want the recipe? Head on over to Chef-in-Training. I’m guest posting for my amazing friend Nikki today. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this recipe!

Thanks for reading!

34 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Orange Cookies”

1. Tieghan posted on June 1, 2013 at 6:07 am (#)

I love any cookie and these look awesome!

2. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on June 1, 2013 at 7:11 am (#)

These look awesome Dorothy. I’m a big fan of citrus in cookies (or citrus in general). Off to check out the recipe!!

4. Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life posted on June 1, 2013 at 8:52 am (#)

I am all over this twist on chocolate chip cookies! Bi have an impossible time making normal desserts, too:)

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 1st, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Glad I’m not the only one!

5. Kristin posted on June 1, 2013 at 1:07 pm (#)

I understand your problem. Every time I take dessert somewhere (like to dinner at someone’s house the other night) people are like, “Wow, how did you have time to make dessert?” and I’m all thinking, “How do you NOT have time to make dessert?” They’re doing me a favor by allowing me to bring dessert. Especially an out of the ordinary one. I don’t need that stuff sitting on the counter!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 1st, 2013 at 4:54 pm

LOL, I know. Guess who eats it if it’s on the counter?…

6. Tahnycooks posted on June 1, 2013 at 1:32 pm (#)

I have a great friend who loves orange and chocolate together! She’ll love these! Going on over…..

7. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on June 1, 2013 at 3:38 pm (#)

These cookies look absolutely perfect Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 1st, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Thanks Trish!

8. Michele posted on June 1, 2013 at 4:12 pm (#)

Mmmmmm! Yummy yummy. Those sound awesome. I love adding zest to my sweets.

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 1st, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Thanks Michele!

9. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on June 1, 2013 at 6:36 pm (#)

Love how you continue to explore orange and chocolate.

10. nessa posted on June 1, 2013 at 7:38 pm (#)

Love the spin on plain chocolate chip!

11. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on June 1, 2013 at 8:56 pm (#)

I am totally drooling over these. I love this combination with the touch of orange. Brilliant!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Thanks Jennifer!

12. Amy posted on June 2, 2013 at 12:07 am (#)

I’m going through a similar thing! So many other food bloggers post the most amazing classics — chocolate chip cookies, buttermilk waffles, blueberry muffins, pecan pie… It’s hard to come up with a recipe better than theirs. But I don’t know that I’d want to; I’d rather be one of the “creative” (aka crazy) bloggers anyway. Life’s more fun when you color outside the lines!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:27 pm

It’s totally more fun that way! :)

• Amy replied on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Definitely! (And it means I don’t have to choose between Oreos and pretzels in my ice cream pie crust! ;) )

13. Anne posted on June 2, 2013 at 4:38 am (#)

These chocolate cookie recipe is so unique! Thanks!

14. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on June 2, 2013 at 5:29 am (#)

I can’t make anything Plain Jane either :) These look amazing Dorothy!

15. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on June 2, 2013 at 2:05 pm (#)

I totally adore orange and chocolate together, and these cookies look completely perfect!

16. The Better Baker posted on June 2, 2013 at 8:04 pm (#)

Oh how I ADORE the combo of orange/chocolate! You are brilliant! Pinning this one!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Thank you for the pin!!

17. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on June 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm (#)

Best Combination!! My mom would go gaga for these.

I know what you mean… it recently occurred to me that I don’t have “the” chocolate chip cookie recipe for my recipe arsenal, or “the” banana cream pie, so this year I’ve done a ton of taste-testing recipes to get my favorites. Honestly though… I can’t wait to get back to making crazy things!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:25 pm

LOL, I know. Crazy is more fun!

18. Katie Goldsworthy posted on June 5, 2013 at 12:35 am (#)

What a fun spin on a good cookie! I can’t wait to try them! Thanks for sharing them at Monday Funday. Pinning to the Monday Funday pin board :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 5th, 2013 at 6:29 am

Thanks Katie!

19. Pingback: Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies - Crazy for Crust

20. Pingback: Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars - Crazy for Crust

21. Pingback: 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes - No. 2 Pencil

22. Erika posted on April 27, 2014 at 10:08 am (#)

Hi Dorothy, I made these cookies a few days ago and my family and I absolutely loved them! I’ve been a reader of your blog for quite a few months, but this is my first time making a recipe of yours, glad I did. When the cookies cooled, they were still chewy, they came out the oven so pretty, and the orange has adds an addicting flavor to the cookies. After you eat one you want to eat another one and another one. So thanks again for the recipe and I’ll be sure to try out more of your recipes. You and BrownEyedBaker are probably my favorite bloggers, I love yourposts, keep up the great work! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 28th, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Thank you so much Erika! That is so sweet of you. :) And I’m so glad you liked them!!! xo