May 19

Starbucks Petite Vanilla Scone Copycat

Do you love Starbucks Petite Vanilla Scones? Well, you’re in luck! This is a Copycat Petite Vanilla Scone, even better than the original!

copycat-petite-vanilla-scones (3 of 5)w

Mel and I have had a ritual almost as long as our relationship: we love to walk to Starbucks on Sunday mornings, have coffee, and read the paper. It still is one of my favorite things to do on the weekend, although it’s fewer and far between. Life gets in the way too much!

I’ll never forget one walk back in 2001. We were newlyweds, and it was about a mile to the Starbucks. On our way, there was one of those trailers the cops set up to track your speed, you know, to tell you how fast you’re going.

It was probably no later than 8am on a Sunday morning, so it was totally dead outside. Mel took off running at a sprint to see if it would clock his speed. I think it said 10 mph or something. To this day, every time  I see one of those road things, I think of that morning.

Now our walks to Starbucks involve a kid and a dog. We don’t read the paper anymore, instead we use Ginger (the dog) as entertainment.

Although recently she’s been asking for “adult sized” breakfasts, Jordan has always gotten a petite vanilla scone on our Starbucks Sundays. I love all the petite treats they make, because it makes me feel better to eat one. Plus, when Jordan was 3, it was a perfect size for her. Jordan loves those petite vanilla scones…and so does Ginger.

Dogs are funny – they know exactly who to sit beside at the dinner table: the one who drops the most food. Ginger considers Jordan her mealtime BFF. Jordan drops scone crumbs…and Ginger vacuums them up.

Turns out Ginger also likes reduced fat coffee cake, pumpkin scones, maple oat scones, and cinnamon twists. That’s a long list, so today I started with Petite Vanilla Scones.

copycat-petite-vanilla-scones(2 of 5)

Since making those Funfetti Chip Cake Batter Scones back in February, I’ve been a little scone obsessed. I wanted to make a new version from scratch – without the cake mix. But I’m always so worried that a from-scratch scone will be dry. I’ve had dry scones and they aren’t good! So I did what I always do to keep a baked good soft:

I added pudding mix.

And it totally worked!

These scones are made traditionally, with flour, butter, and cream. I scraped a vanilla bean into the scone mixture for a punch of vanilla flavor. Then I mixed in some vanilla instant pudding mix. (That’s totally optional, if you can’t find it. It’s just a little extra insurance that your scones will stay soft and fluffy.)

The frosting for these scones is to die for. It’s butter, sugar, and vanilla bean paste. I love that stuff so much! You can totally substitute regular vanilla extract for any of the paste/beans in this recipe, but using the bean and/or paste will totally punch up that vanilla flavor.

And like with the chocolate in my cookies, I like to have vanilla flavor that punches me in the face.

Now I can make Jordan (and Ginger) happy even on those Sundays we can’t get to Starbucks. I can make petite vanilla scones at home!

copycat-petite-vanilla-scones (5 of 5)

And so can you!

Starbucks Petite Vanilla Scone Copycat

Yield: 16 petite scones

Starbucks Petite Vanilla Scone Copycat

An at home version of one of Starbucks best treats: Petite Vanilla Scones! {Original scone recipe adapted from Woman's Day magazine.}

For the scone
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
  • 1 small box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix, optional
  • 1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
  • For the frosting
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
  • 2-3 tablespoons cream

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
  2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add cold butter and cut it in using a pastry blender or two butter knives until it forms small crumbs.
  3. Stir in pudding mix. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the vanilla, egg and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir gently with a fork until just incorporated. Bring the dough together with your hands.
  4. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Form into two small rounds. Cut each round into 8 triangles and place each on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each triangle with a little of the remaining 1 tablespoon heavy cream. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just golden. Cool before frosting
  5. To make the frosting: Beat butter and sugar with a hand mixer until crumbly. Beat in vanilla and 2 tablespoons cream. Add more cream as needed for desired consistency. (I made mine thinner, so I could dip the scones in it.) Frost cooled scones with a knife or dip them upside down in the frosting. Let it harden, then serve.

Notes

The pudding mix is optional, it's just insurance that your scones will stay fluffy and soft.

You can use vanilla extract in place of the vanilla beans and/or vanilla bean paste if you wish.

You might also like:

Biscoff Banana Bread

biscoff banana bread 4 words

Copycat Salted Caramel Mocha

Salted Caramel Chocolate Latte by www.crazyforcrust.com #coffee #latte #caramel

Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino (Dairy-Free) by Something Swanky
Copycat Pumpkin Scones by Shugary Sweets
Cranberry Bliss Bar by Averie Cooks

131 Responses to “Starbucks Petite Vanilla Scone Copycat”

1. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on May 19, 2013 at 11:44 am (#)

Vanilla is such an underestimated flavor. I just adore it. I have dreams of being rich and being able to buy vanilla beans. I’m really looking forward to trying this recipe (with vanilla extract). Scones are a perfect afternoon treat with a perfect cup of English tea. Lucky for me I have a live-in English gentleman to make it for me.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I know – they are amazingly expensive! I finally found a jar at Target, 2 for $8. But jeesh!

2. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on May 19, 2013 at 11:48 am (#)

I have actually never had one but I could totally go for this right now!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Thanks Nancy!

3. Jenn posted on May 19, 2013 at 11:55 am (#)

Oh my heck. If my oven was working, I would seriously get up and make these right this second. I love the picture of the inside of the scone. They look so moist.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

They totally are! Thanks Jenn! Only a few more days for your oven!

4. Susan posted on May 19, 2013 at 12:24 pm (#)

Scones are just my favorite and these luscious vanilla ones would be perfect, but with my Diet Coke. Alas, I’m not a coffee drinker:-D

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I’d eat them with anything to drink. And probably as dessert too!

6. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 19, 2013 at 1:25 pm (#)

Thanks for linking up my Cranberry Bliss Bars!

I love that you have a Sunday morning tradition of going there and reading the paper, coffee, etc.

And great job on recreating these AND for making a non-dry scone. Tough to do!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Thanks Averie!

7. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat posted on May 19, 2013 at 2:00 pm (#)

Vanilla is such a fantastic addition to any baked item. I love it! These scones sound so amazing! I would love to have one with a cup of tea right now! :-)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Thanks Holly!

8. Miss Messy posted on May 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm (#)

Aww we don’t have these in the UK but they look freaking delicious! Pinned :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Thanks so much for the pin!

9. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen posted on May 19, 2013 at 2:56 pm (#)

These are adorable! Scones are my favorite pair to coffee, I will have to make a batch of these to last me this week!! Thanks Dorothy! :D

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Thanks Kristi!

10. Kristin posted on May 19, 2013 at 4:03 pm (#)

These look like they could have the texture of blondies :) I don’t make scones nearly often enough.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 19th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

They are so soft inside. I need them in my life again!

11. nessa posted on May 19, 2013 at 5:08 pm (#)

Delicious! I need to make them!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:08 am

Thanks! Enjoy! :)

12. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on May 19, 2013 at 5:18 pm (#)

These scones look amazing Dorothy and you and Mel are just too cute!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:08 am

Lol, thanks Trish!

13. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on May 19, 2013 at 6:15 pm (#)

You know my insane obsession with pudding mix in everything…yup, it’s good in scones too :-) I am loving these cute little vanilla scones. Those black vanilla bean specks are awesome looking

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:07 am

Right? They make me drool. Thanks Jocelyn!

14. Tieghan posted on May 19, 2013 at 6:33 pm (#)

Such a cute story! I love fun memories like those.
    Such cute little scones! YUM!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:07 am

Thanks Tieghan!

15. Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life posted on May 19, 2013 at 7:34 pm (#)

Pudding mix in scones sounds wonderful! I must confess I’ve never been to Starbucks let alone tried one of their scones (I know, I’m deprived:) but I would so totally take one of yours. I have a soft spot for scones and that frosting – if I were at home I would be making those tomorrow morning. Looks amazing Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:07 am

Thanks Mary! I love a good scone. :)

16. Amy posted on May 19, 2013 at 8:20 pm (#)

We’re headed to the airport tomorrow morning for our summer vacation, and my parents usually stop at the Starbucks in the terminal for breakfast and caffeine. Now I know what to get when they ask what I want! ;) And I think dogs are bread with that crumb sensor… My dogs were the same, and my mom tells stories of her childhood dogs that would always sit beside her sister. Her sister purposely dropped more than just crumbs on the floor — like all of her liver and peas!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:07 am

That’s the same thing I do at the airport. I look forward to it ever time! :) Thanks Amy!

17. Gerry @ Foodness Gracious posted on May 19, 2013 at 9:40 pm (#)

Great story about using the speed machine lol! I’m a sucker for stbux baked goods all the time!

18. Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box posted on May 20, 2013 at 1:03 am (#)

I’ve never had one of these scones from Starbucks before, but yours look amazing! Pinning :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:02 am

Thanks Nicky!

19. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on May 20, 2013 at 3:34 am (#)

I love a good scone. And I love Starbucks vanilla scones. These look perfect Dorothy! And you put pudding mix in them,. good call to keep them from crumbly!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:01 am

Thanks Aimee!

20. Rachel Cooks posted on May 20, 2013 at 5:00 am (#)

These are just darling and I love anything with vanilla beans!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:01 am

Thanks Rachel!

21. Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies posted on May 20, 2013 at 5:03 am (#)

These are my favorite treat from Starbucks! The one near me seems to be sold out of them 90% of the time, so I’m glad I can make my own now. Btw, too funny about that speed-tracker-thing, I always wondered if it worked on runners.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:01 am

I know, I’m always hoping on Sunday mornings they still have one for Jordan!! :)

22. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on May 20, 2013 at 5:57 am (#)

These look divine! I’ve never had any of the baked goods at Starbucks…crazy, right?

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:00 am

Totally crazy! But now you can have them at home! :)

23. Abby posted on May 20, 2013 at 6:26 am (#)

I love getting those scones from starbucks, they’re the perfect treat without being too over the top. I can’t wait to try making them at home :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Thanks Abby!

24. carrian posted on May 20, 2013 at 7:10 am (#)

Wish I was eating that for breakfast!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Me too…I gave them all away! :)

25. julianne@ Beyond Frosting posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:07 am (#)

Oh my gosh, I am jumping in circles! This is my favorite snack from Starbucks and the only one that I don’t feel guilty about eating. I can’t wait to try this. I honestly have never been able to make scones work

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Try the pudding. Seriously, SO moist! :) Thanks Julianne!

26. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:38 am (#)

Nothing beats a scone with a cup of coffee, does it? These look fantastic!

27. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on May 20, 2013 at 10:03 am (#)

I have not tried this scone at Starbucks … I stand in line, drool over the baked goods, try to resist and just order coffee. I may ‘need’ to try one, for information purposes only ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Totally! Thanks Brenda!

28. Elizabeth - SugarHero! posted on May 20, 2013 at 10:23 am (#)

Aaaah how cute are these little scones?! I’ll take 12, please. :) I’m also dying over the vanilla bean-speckled glaze on top. These look like the perfect weekend brunch treat!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Thanks Elizabeth!

29. Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner posted on May 20, 2013 at 11:47 am (#)

So sweet how you still do your Starbucks run. Some habits are worth keeping even when life circumstances change. :)
    These scones look simply amazing! I was just thinking this past weekend that I wanted to make some after seeing the Pioneer Woman make a version on her show. I can’t wait to try these…that icing is calling out to me!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I didn’t even see that show! I’ll have to look hers up! :) Thanks Tina!

30. Maria posted on May 20, 2013 at 4:29 pm (#)

I have been on a vanilla phase with my baking and I appreciate that you included the amount of vanilla extract that is equal to a vanilla bean. I adore vanilla bean extract and now know how much to use to substitute it for a scraped vanilla bean. Thanks so much, these look deicious!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

You’re welcome Maria! Thank you!

31. Kathy posted on May 20, 2013 at 6:23 pm (#)

Love scones! And these sound delicious! I always like a little something sweet with my coffee in the morning.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 20th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Thanks Kathy!

32. Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama posted on May 20, 2013 at 7:16 pm (#)

Ooooooo… I used to get these all the time when I was a Starbucks junkie! ;) They were SO good! Glad you shared this recipe- now I can make them at home!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2013 at 5:58 am

Thanks Carrie! And enjoy!

33. Gloria @ Simply Gloria posted on May 20, 2013 at 7:39 pm (#)

I just can’t stop drooling over the frosting! I’m a frosting fanatic! Pinning. (=

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2013 at 5:58 am

I couldn’t stop drooling over it either!! :) Thanks Gloria!

34. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:19 pm (#)

I will be dreaming of these scones tonight! Great idea adding the pudding mix. Yum!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2013 at 5:57 am

Thanks Jennifer!

35. ashley - baker by nature posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:24 pm (#)

I’m always eyeing those little scones up when I’m at the bucks! Gotta give em’ a go at home!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2013 at 5:57 am

Thanks Ashley!

36. Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:58 am (#)

Oh, yum! Now I know what I’m baking this weekend for breakfast. Thank you so much for sharing this. I’ve pinned it. I’m visiting from Pint Sized Baker.

37. Krista Low posted on May 21, 2013 at 10:40 am (#)

Ooooh. I haven’t used vanilla bean paste. I think I need some! I thought at first there was cinnamon in the glaze but no it’s vanilla bean. Yum! I just pinned these, they look heavenly! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Thanks Krista! Vanilla bean paste is amazing!

38. Lyuba@willcookforsmiles posted on May 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm (#)

I love those scones at Starbucks! I bet you homemade ones are better tho :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 21st, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Aw, thanks Lyuba!

39. Jocelyn posted on May 21, 2013 at 9:25 pm (#)

These scones are adorably delicious sounding!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 22nd, 2013 at 6:31 am

Thanks Jocelyn!

40. Anyonita posted on May 22, 2013 at 4:25 pm (#)

:) This is my kinda recipe! I love copycat recipes anyway, but another copycat Starbucks? Yes, please! I followed you here from the Chef in Training link party, by the way! Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here’s the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tasty-tuesdays-11-10-incredible-comfort-food-recipes.html

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:01 am

Thanks so much!! :) And welcome!

41. Cindy Harris posted on May 22, 2013 at 6:50 pm (#)

Scones are my love language!! I also have a jar of vanilla bean paste I have never used. These look delicious, I can’t wait to try them.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:00 am

Thanks Cindy!

42. Mackenzie posted on May 23, 2013 at 8:38 pm (#)

Love Starbucks scones! I need to compare this to my regular scone recipe and see what I’m missing! Thanks girl! :)

43. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on May 24, 2013 at 6:59 pm (#)

I have yet to make scones… one of these days… I’ll get to it eventually.

44. Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen posted on May 25, 2013 at 4:18 pm (#)

These scones look absolutely gorgeous, perfect for lazy sunday mornings! I love the look of the vanilla frosting too!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 26th, 2013 at 8:27 am

Thanks Rosie!

45. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on May 29, 2013 at 1:47 pm (#)

I love petite things. Because then I can eat 5 of them. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 29th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Totally, right???

46. Nicol posted on June 2, 2013 at 5:52 pm (#)

I was craving these this morning! How ironic that I found this on Pinterest! Thank you!! Side note: I was crushed when I read your dog was being fed table scraps. You’re killing your little pup with kindness. A lot of people don’t realize the damage they do when they feed people food to their dogs, so I always try and educate when I can.

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I know she shouldn’t eat them – the problem is getting her to NOT eat them! She’s so fast if I drop something, it’s in her mouth before I can pick it up! Thanks for visiting!

47. Alicia posted on June 5, 2013 at 8:37 pm (#)

These are my favorite! Thanks for helping save me money. Those little mouthfuls of heaven get expensive. Question…. Can I sub half and half for the cream? It’s what I have on hand.

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 8th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I’m sure you can!! Sorry this took so long for me to respond, I’ve been out of town!

48. Pingback: Try It Out Tuesdays: Raisin, Pumpkin, Vanilla, Chex Mix | The Weekly DinerThe Weekly Diner

49. Pingback: 17 Starbucks Copycat Recipes

50. Pingback: Family Petite Portrait Sessions | Fashion

51. Pingback: Fruity Pebbles Muffins - Crazy for Crust

52. Pingback: 50 Back to School Ideas from Breakfast to Snack - Crazy for Crust

53. BinahB posted on August 28, 2013 at 9:17 pm (#)

I just bought 1/4 lb of tahitian vanilla beans from a reliable source called vanillaproducts (username) for $11.99 plus $5 for shipping and handling…and what’s more, you get bonus beans for any product over $10!!! So, they are affordable – on down side is having to wait for them to arrive in the mail.

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 29th, 2013 at 6:39 am

OMG, I must check that out! Thank you! I love vanilla beans, but the price, not so much!

54. Pingback: 25 Favorite Copycat Recipes | Bake Your Day

55. Lisa posted on November 9, 2013 at 9:06 am (#)

Just made these with my grand daughter and they are delicious. Have you ever tried freezing them? I would love to have some on hand for gifts or for the holidays just wasn’t sure if they freeze well.

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 9th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I haven’t frozen those Lisa, but I have frozen other scones with great success! I would freeze them unfrosted, layered between paper towels in a ziploc bag or tupperware, and frost them upon defrosting! I’m glad you liked them!

56. Pingback: Starbucks Petite Vanilla Scones Copycat | Crazy Jamie

57. char posted on December 29, 2013 at 12:28 pm (#)

i love these scones. i have used white chocolate pudding, butterscotch, and coconut pudding. all delicious. i have people begging me to bake them. the freeze well, and so does the whipping cream. who knew?

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

That is so awesome! I need to try other pudding flavors! :)

58. Pingback: Copycat Starbucks Recipes | Un - ComplicateUn – Complicate

59. Pingback: starbucks petite vanilla scone copycat 星巴克迷你香草司康 ヾ(@^(∞)^@)ノ « Victoria Bakes

60. Jessica posted on January 4, 2014 at 10:30 am (#)

I just made these for New Years brunch and they are delicious!!!! My new favorite thing! Thanks!!!

61. Pingback: Low Sugar Banana Nut Scones | The Gunny Sack

62. SB posted on January 12, 2014 at 2:39 pm (#)

Made these with my granddaughter for brunch during the playoff game. The Starbucks’ scones were her favorite until today. These are delicious. Everyone raved.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Yay! Thanks so much for telling me! :)

63. Pingback: Glazed eggnog scones — keeping Christmas alive | write meg!

64. joe posted on February 19, 2014 at 12:22 pm (#)

I am really wondering about the pudding – adding or not adding an entire box of pudding mix would seem to make a fairly substantial difference in the wet/dry balance of the recipe…

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 19th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I’ve made these scones (with different variations) a few times, with and without the pudding. The pudding mix (dry) doesn’t do much to the actual mixture, just makes sure they stay pillowy soft. :)

65. Pingback: 17 Starbucks Copycat Recipes | Chef Recipes

66. Pingback: Mon Petit Déjeuner (plus, grapefruit two ways) |

67. Kayley McGannon posted on March 23, 2014 at 10:00 am (#)

I’ve been making these with different kinds of pudding. So far I think coconut and chocolate have been my favorite. Thatnks for sharing the recipe

• Kayley McGannon replied on March 23rd, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I amend that statement, pistachio flavor is the best yet.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 23rd, 2014 at 5:10 pm

That’s awesome! What a great idea. I need to try other flavors!

68. Elise posted on April 30, 2014 at 9:36 am (#)

Yum! These look great. I came here to look at a recipe I had bookmarked (Peanut Butter Kitchen Sink Popcorn) for my sister’s birthday, and when I saw these on the side of the page, I thought it might be a sign. You see, I am currently obsessed with another Starbucks scone copycat recipe — these: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/03/maple-oat-nut-scones/ . They are so very good. The recipe was only posted March 18, but we have already had them three times! But I think these vanilla ones might be my next scone attempt. Thanks for sharing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 30th, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Enjoy Elise! I need to try the maple oat!

69. Bobbie posted on May 29, 2014 at 10:29 am (#)

Our local Starbucks just stopped carrying the Vanilla Bean Scones. Don’t understand – unless you got to the shop early, they were sold out! Can’t wait to try making them at home. I’ll just take one by Starbucks and get my coffee to go!

70. Daniela posted on June 1, 2014 at 10:43 pm (#)

OMG! When I finished baking them, They were SOOOO good! You should start a bake sale or something to spread the goodness you make!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 2nd, 2014 at 6:52 am

Thank you so much Daniela!!! I’m so glad you liked them!!

71. Pingback: behold the copycat

72. Megan Enos posted on June 24, 2014 at 12:37 pm (#)

OMG, I’ll have to try this. My son & I have had this tradition of going on a date to SB since he was 3 (he’s now 9). I’d get a Frap, he’d get 3 Vanilla Scones. Today he figured that when he eats 3 scones from SB he is eating the cost of 1 LEGO figure. So we went on about how if he eats 400 scones he would be eating the LEGO Star Wars Death Star Set :-)…Thanks for posting!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 25th, 2014 at 6:59 am

I love your comparisons. I’m totally doing that for my daughter (and books) next time we go there (or anywhere she begs for overpriced goodies I can make at home!)

73. Pingback: 17 Perfect Starbucks Copycat Recipes | Recipe Van – Food Truck Recipes

74. crystal posted on August 11, 2014 at 8:27 pm (#)

When u say Cream for the frosting. Do u mean heavy cream?

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 12th, 2014 at 7:30 am

Yes! Heavy Whipping Cream. :)

75. Melissa posted on August 23, 2014 at 8:51 am (#)

Just made these this morning and they are delicious…the only problem I’m having is waiting for them to cool and for the frosting to harden…I’m getting very impatient. Thank you for this wonderful recipe.

76. Hayley posted on August 29, 2014 at 11:20 am (#)

Just made these this morning & they were sooooo good! I used 2% milk instead of cream since that’s all I had, but to my delight, they worked out perfectly! I couldn’t wait for them to harden, so I had one right after glazing and another in the afternoon with coffee ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 29th, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed them Hayley!! Great to know about the 2% milk too!

77. Pingback: 50 CopyCat Recipes - Real Housemoms