Feb 04

Truffle Stuffed Brownie Pops

Truffle Stuffed Brownie Pops 1 words

The other night, Jordan was texting with her cousin and watching a movie. Since she was paying more attention to my phone than Camp Rock 2, I suggested we stop watching the movie so she could focus on texting (and then I could watch HGTV).

She replied, “I am watching the movie, Mommy. I can be on the phone and do more than one thing at a time, like you.”

Oh, snap. Jordan 1 – Mom 0

Obviously, I need to spend more time off the phone and laptop. #notgonnahappen

But doing two things at once isn’t all bad. My multitasking doesn’t end at laptops and movies. I like to multitask my food too.

Like in these Truffle Stuffed Brownie Pops. Multitasking to the extreme.

Truffle stuffed Brownie Pops 3 words

Do you ever feel like eating two things at once? Like peanut butter and jelly. Or peanut butter and chocolate. Or sourdough bread and clam chowder soup.

Or brownies and truffles?

These pops are chocolate to the extreme. A rich, chocolate truffle makes up the heart of the pop. Truffles are so incredibly easy to make, if you’ve never made them. Equal parts chocolate and heavy cream, melted and smooth. That chills up hard and you scoop wonderful little truffle balls.

Then, you take a pan of brownies (I suggest my fudgy brownie recipe, or you can use a box mix), and crumble them up. Kind of like cake pops, but brownies are fudgy enough not to need frosting. Squish the crumbs together and wrap them around the truffle. Then stick them on a cute straw and dip them in more chocolate.

Got that? Chocolate (truffle) + Chocolate (brownie) + Chocolate (dipping). It’s chocolate to the extreme!

Truffle stuffed Brownie Pops 2 words

Kind of the best multitasking everrrrr, if you ask me.

Truffle Stuffed Brownie Pops

Truffle Stuffed Brownie Pops

• 1 9x13” pan of brownies, baked and cooled (from a box or try this recipe)
  • 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used a baking bar)
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
  • Candy Melts for dipping (you will need somewhere between 14-28 ounces)
  • Sprinkles, if desired
  • Lollipop sticks or pretty straws

1. Break or cut chocolate into pieces. Place heavy cream in a small saucepan and heat just until it bubbles. Pour over chocolate. Stir until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. (If it is cold in your house and your chocolate doesn’t want to melt all the way you can put it in the microwave in 10 second increments to aid in melting.) Stir in vanilla. Chill mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
  2. Use a cookie scoop (1 or 2 tablespoon) to scoop balls of truffle. Roll into uniform balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
  3. Remove the hard edges of the baked and cooled brownies. Crumble up the brownies into a bowl. For each pop you will need about 2 tablespoons of brownie. Take 1 tablespoon of brownie, compress with your hands so it sticks together, and flatten. Place 1 truffle in the center. Take an additional 1 tablespoon brownie and compress and flatten. Place over the truffle and seal the edges with the bottom brownie. Roll between your hands to seal and make it round. Repeat with remaining truffles. Chill for 30 minutes.
  4. Melt your candy melts according to package directions. I find it best to place the melted candy in a coffee mug for easy dipping. You may want to melt your candy in a bowl and then place the bowl on an electric griddle heated to 200 degrees and covered with a kitchen towel. This will keep your melts melted while you work.
  5. Dip a stick or straw into the melted chocolate (about 1/4”). Press into a brownie truffle ball and then dip the entire pop into the melted chocolate. Try to make sure you get it all dipped at once without swirling or moving it too much. Tap off the excess and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Let harden.

This post is so chocolatey, it’s perfect for the double chocolate chocolate party this month!

chocolate-party-logo-2

Other stuff on sticks:

Carrot Cake Pops

Cheesecake Truffle Pops

19103285307

Chocolate Covered Peeps Hearts by Buns In My Oven
Valentine Love Bug Pops by Pint Sized Baker
Brownie Pie Pops by Something Swanky

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingLil’ LunaBuns In My OvenChic-and-CraftyI’m Lovin’ it FridaysStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartySundae Scoop Link Partyand all of these too!

77 Responses to “Truffle Stuffed Brownie Pops”

1. Liz posted on February 4, 2013 at 4:37 pm (#)

Yup. I MUST make these. Simply phenomenal~

2. Back For Seconds posted on February 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm (#)

Truffles and brownies together? Yes, please! Multi tasking food = win!

3. Heather @French Press posted on February 4, 2013 at 5:21 pm (#)

you’re killing me – those brownies look to die for! I’ll need to run double for those

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 4th, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Um, yes. You will. TRUST me. :)

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on February 4, 2013 at 5:23 pm (#)

Brownies that are super fudgy
    Truffles that are super dense and fudgy
    All dipped in chocolate

Gorgeous work on these, Dorothy. And I love your brownie recipe. It’s similar to my go-to. Pretty much the same ratios but yours uses some cocoa powder + melted choc, and mine uses all melted choc. But the same butter/sugar/flour ratios. Super fudgy :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 4th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Thanks Averie! I think chocolate chocolate chocolate is the perfect trifecta. :)

5. Anne@FromMySweetHeart posted on February 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm (#)

Dorothy! I am ready for this extreme chocolate challenge! These are so pretty and what an absolutely fabulous ideas to use those colorful straws as the sticks! Love these! : )

6. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen posted on February 4, 2013 at 6:01 pm (#)

So much going on in one little bite! These are a great idea.

7. Lindsey posted on February 4, 2013 at 6:04 pm (#)

I want this now! What a clever way to combine different types of chocolaty desserts!

8. Mom posted on February 4, 2013 at 7:15 pm (#)

All I can say is, “where’s mine?” lol
    Mom

9. Liz posted on February 4, 2013 at 7:44 pm (#)

You can never go wrong with chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! Wish I had a few right now!

10. Nicole posted on February 4, 2013 at 9:06 pm (#)

Mmmm, truffles & brownies on a stick … with sprinkles! Sign.Me.Up.

11. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on February 4, 2013 at 9:11 pm (#)

I agree with you…that is my kind of multitasking too! :) But I have to say your daughter is a quick one!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:33 am

Yeah, I’m a little scared of her. I just hope she uses her quick wit for good and not evil…. ;)

12. Carolina HeartStrings posted on February 5, 2013 at 3:28 am (#)

What a great party. LOVE all the choices. We linked up a yummy chocolate filled cake.

• Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking replied on February 5th, 2013 at 7:16 am

Thanks for linking up your Chocolate Heart Cake. Hope you’ll join us in the future as well :)
      Roxana

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Oh, I totally will!

13. Kim @ KC Bakes posted on February 5, 2013 at 4:31 am (#)

I was lured in by the pops & bonus, there’s a chocolate link party, gah! I’ve made thousands of cake pops, but never thought to stick a truffle right there in the middle… I’ll be sharing & trying this for sure!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:31 am

They are so chocolatey and good. I hope you love them if you try them!

14. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more posted on February 5, 2013 at 5:43 am (#)

brownie pops are my favorite! And with truffles in the middle, you are killing me!!!!!

15. Tash @ The Velvet Moon Baker posted on February 5, 2013 at 6:01 am (#)

Dorothy these look so tasty and very cute. Whats more exciting than a brownie pop with a secret agent truffle hiding in the middle trojan horse style

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:29 am

LOL, Trojan-style. Love it! :)

16. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on February 5, 2013 at 6:13 am (#)

Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate…multi tasking at its best! I love the cute straw too!!!

17. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts posted on February 5, 2013 at 7:02 am (#)

Kind of speechless right now – these are just over the top incredible!

18. Aubrey @ Real Housemoms posted on February 5, 2013 at 7:28 am (#)

I am speechless and my mind is racing trying to think about what kind of workout I can do to make eating a ton of these OK for my weight loss challenge. Pinned and ready to make. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Hmmm…let’s see. Maybe do barbell lifts with the stick? ;)

19. Kristin posted on February 5, 2013 at 7:47 am (#)

This is like truffle week!
    Linking up the fudge I made today :)

20. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on February 5, 2013 at 7:55 am (#)

Girls multitask-it’s one of our superpowers :D These pops look so awesome and chocolatey and how amazing are you to have combined truffles and brownies into a pop!?

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Yes, girls are good at that. WAY better than boys! :)

21. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on February 5, 2013 at 9:34 am (#)

So fudgy omggggg. And it’s a fact that food on sticks tastes better because it’s on a stick :)

22. Suzanne posted on February 5, 2013 at 9:40 am (#)

Your brownie pops look so delicious! I too can relate to your conversation about texting and watching tv. I usually do both or even add the laptop too, oops!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Um, that’s what I’m doing right now. Phone on my right, laptop on my lap, TV on HGTV.

23. Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection posted on February 5, 2013 at 10:33 am (#)

Omgosh…a truffle surrounded by a brownie dipped in chocolate?! This is too good to be true. I can’t even imagine how good these are. I NEED to try this! Such a great idea!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 5th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

They were sinful. :) Thanks Elaine!

25. Tiffany/MyCrowdedKitchen posted on February 5, 2013 at 12:53 pm (#)

Wow! These look & sound FAB-U-LOUS! These will be on my must make list for sure. Have a great week.

26. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork posted on February 5, 2013 at 1:13 pm (#)

WOW!! I’m a brownie lover, chocolate lover, truffle lover. (I love a lot of things!) These look awesome!!

27. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on February 5, 2013 at 3:54 pm (#)

These look so decadent and rich. LOVE!

28. The Partiologist posted on February 5, 2013 at 5:49 pm (#)

You had me at truffle….

29. Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com posted on February 5, 2013 at 8:00 pm (#)

Pinned! These are so cute and sound AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 6th, 2013 at 6:54 am

Thanks for the pin Brenda!

30. Sue posted on February 5, 2013 at 8:35 pm (#)

Oh my gosh; these are so dense and fudgy, just the way I like ‘em! They look so pretty too:)

31. Brenda posted on February 5, 2013 at 8:44 pm (#)

I can’t think of anything to say that hasn’t been said … triple chocolate … YUM !!!

32. Jeannie posted on February 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm (#)

I came here because the truffle/brownie pops looked awesome. I didn’t expect to find a heavenly chocolate link party! What a great and delicious surprise :) Need to make something chocolately ASAP!

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 6th, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Thanks Jeannie. I want chocolate every time I look at it!

33. Heidi posted on February 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm (#)

Oh, my goodness! These look amazing! Great recipe.

34. Shauna {The Best Blog Recipes} posted on February 8, 2013 at 2:27 pm (#)

Wow, these double stuffed chocolate brownie pops look so delicious! I’d LOVE for you to link up at my weekend link party The Weekend re-Treat! http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/

I’d link up a chocolate recipe but I don’t think I have any with 2 kinds of chocolate right now :(

Maybe next time :)

35. Laura (Tutti Dolci) posted on February 9, 2013 at 5:35 pm (#)

These brownie pops are so cute, I love the truffle center!

36. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on February 9, 2013 at 8:25 pm (#)

Whoa! Yes please.
    And wait a sec… isn’t Jordan in second grade? Or third now? For some reason, I thought she was a year older than my daughter… anyway, texting?? really?? Already?

37. Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings posted on February 11, 2013 at 7:17 am (#)

These look great- So glad to be posting with your through the chocolate party :)

38. Pingback: Link Party 113 Features

39. Nancy @ gottagetbaked posted on February 15, 2013 at 10:00 am (#)

This is when multitasking really pays off. Yowza these look amazing! I’ve never made cake pops but would love my first time to be with these multi-layered beauties.

40. Judy posted on March 31, 2013 at 1:11 pm (#)

What do you do with the vanilla paste?

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 31st, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I used it in place of vanilla extract, for a more pungent vanilla flavor. You can use vanilla extract instead! Thanks for catching that – it goes in the step after you melt and stir in the chocolate, stir in the vanilla and then chill the mixture. :)

41. Pingback: Maple Walnut Truffles - Crazy for Crust

42. Madeleine posted on September 23, 2013 at 11:31 am (#)

Oh lovely pops. I so have to make these to christmas.
    Thank you for the recipe!

Much foodlove from Sweden

43. Pingback: Cakemania, dolci e cake design – Il migliore blog di ricette della settimana: Crazy for Crust