Jan 07

Toffee Blondies

I have a problem. I am addicted to blondies. Like, I could eat a pan with a fork.

And guess what? I’m also addicted to Toffee. Toffee bits, bits o’ brickle, Skor Bars, whatever. TOFFEE is one of my kryptonites.

So what do you get when you add blondies + toffee?

The best. Recipe. EVER. Like, these are magic. Magical blondies.

Want the recipe? I bet you do!

I’m super excited! Today I’m guest posting over at Buns In My Oven. I knew I had to bring Karly something superfantasticallyfabulous when I hijacked her blog for the day. These Toffee Blonides (filled with brown sugar, butter, and Skor Bars) sure fulfill that goal!

Go on and get the recipe over at Buns In My Oven. Say hi to Karly for me. :)

Enjoy!

30 Responses to “Toffee Blondies”

1. Kristy @ Sweet Treats & More posted on January 7, 2013 at 8:08 am (#)

I don’t typically love toffee, but it’s growing on me! And I’d be willing to try these bars, they look amazing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Oh these are so good! You can even cut back on the Skor bars, the bar itself is SO good…

2. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on January 7, 2013 at 8:11 am (#)

These looks amazing! Going to check out the recipe now…

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Jennifer!

3. Pingback: Toffee Blondies - Crazy for Crust | Crazy for Crust

4. Miss Overballe posted on January 7, 2013 at 8:36 am (#)

these look so good!! I think Skor bars are like the Daim bars you can buy in Denmark, but if you ever feel like giving them a try yourself, heres my recipe:
    they are very addictive and very easy! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Yummy, thanks!

5. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on January 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm (#)

I didn’t even spare a minute, I already had to check these out on Karly’s site Dorothy! I’m drooling on my keyboard. I have a HUGE toffee weakness and blondies are #1 in my book (over brownies!)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Sometimes me too Sally! Especially when toffee is involved…

6. Mom posted on January 7, 2013 at 4:43 pm (#)

I don’t remember getting any of these…??? :(

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

You did!! They were on the big platter. :)

7. ButterYum posted on January 7, 2013 at 6:11 pm (#)

Oh my goodness… I know i’m going to adore these. Can’t wait to make them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Thank you! :)

8. Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling posted on January 7, 2013 at 7:16 pm (#)

OMG I LOVE toffee! Funny toffee story – I tried making some at cookie baking with friends this year…and long story short, it got stuck in the pan and we had to throw the whole kit ‘n kaboodle away. Boo. Maybe I will have better luck with these :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Yuck, stuck stuff in pans is horrible! These are much easier! :)

9. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on January 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm (#)

Have I mentioned I have a toffee obsession!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 9th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Me too! :)

10. Ala posted on January 9, 2013 at 10:57 pm (#)

I just whipped up a huge batch of brownies and did all the dishes….and now I’m hankering to get them all dirty again just for this. This look mm-*mazing*–and your mom’s comment sounds like something my mom would say on my blog, hehe!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 10th, 2013 at 6:26 am

LOL, I know, she always sees all the treats and never gets any of them. :) Thanks Ala!

11. katie posted on January 12, 2013 at 9:10 am (#)

oh these look fab! Heading over to Buns in My Oven for the recipe!

12. Yvonne @ bitter baker posted on January 13, 2013 at 7:47 pm (#)

I LOVE the name of these! And if they’re even half as good as they look, they probably wouldn’t last long at my house :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 14th, 2013 at 5:25 pm

They didn’t last long at mine! :)

13. tiffany posted on January 28, 2013 at 9:45 am (#)

how do we know how much to cream/beat the mixture for??

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 28th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I’m so bad at timing myself! I usually beat it until it’s fluffy; until the sugar and butter are well incorporated and no lumps of butter remain. :)

• Tiffany replied on January 28th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Do you have any sample pics of what the dough should look like?
        Maybe that wound help decrease the chance for failure for a baking dummy like me :-p

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 28th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I don’t – process photos are just too hard for me, I’m a klutz! But the dough comes together pretty easily, and will be smooth once everything is mixed up!! You can do it! :)

14. Pingback: 75 Best Desserts to Bring to a BBQ - Something Swanky

15. Pingback: Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars - Crazy for Crust

16. Pingback: Carrot Cake Blondies {with cinnamon cream cheese frosting} - Crazy for Crust

17. Pingback: Caramel Apple Toffee Blondies - Crazy for Crust