Dec 19

White Hot Chocolate Candy Cane Martini {Candy Cane Infused Vodka}

Please consider joining me and a wonderful group of bloggers as we pay tribute to the community of Newtown, CT this Friday, 12/21, by posting a craft or a cookie recipe in honor of Sandy Hook. Check out this post for all the information.

Candy Cane Martini

I used to loooooooove martinis. I’d drink them all the time. It was my choice drink when going out. Then I had a kid and my tolerance level for alcohol dropped to -134.

And, really. No one likes a hangover. But no one likes a hangover less than a mom. It’s one thing when you can lay around in your PJs and eat pizza all day with a headache. It’s quite another when you add a kid to the mix. I learned early on that Mama Dorothy is a 1 drink, glass of wine girl.

But sometimes I miss martinis. I miss vodka. And…sometimes you get the urge to do stuff with Vodka…like introduce it to a new BFF…the candy cane.

Candy Cane Martini

Add some candy canes to a jar. Take some pretty photos.

Candy Cane Martini

Add in a bunch of little bottles of vodka {because you’re too cheap to spring for a whole bottle}. Remember when alcohol was actually affordable?

Oh, wait. That was also before I had a kid. #mankidsareexpensive

Wait a day or two. The vodka turns pink!

Candy Cane Martini

Pour it back into little bottles…and you have the perfect gift! You know, I’m actually kind of shocked that Smirnoff or whoever doesn’t have a specialty line of holiday Vodkas. Peppermint, Eggnog, Pumpkin. Or, maybe they do and my store doesn’t just carry them. It doesn’t matter though…making your own infused vodka is way more fun.

And so is making martinis at noon. The problem is….you have to wait to drink them until evening. Well…if you have a kid you do. Or should. Probably not everyone waits…

Mix the candy cane (chocolate) vodka with hot cocoa to make a white chocolate martini. Or…

Candy Cane Martini

It was pretty good plain too…although if I drank that whole thing of straight vodka…I probably wouldn’t want to look at another candy cane for a very, very long time. ;)

Candy Cane Infused Vodka

Candy Cane Infused Vodka

• Candy Canes (3-4 per 2 cups of Vodka)
  • Vodka (Try using flavored vodka; I used chocolate vodka)
  • Large jar

1. Break candy canes and place in the bottom of a jar. Pour vodka over candy cans and close jar. Let sit in refrigerator until candy canes have dissolved. (Mine dissolved overnight.) Package in mini bottles for a great gift!

Notes

I bought little bottles of vodka at a liquor store and then reused the bottles for gifting.

White Hot Chocolate Candy Cane Martini

White Hot Chocolate Candy Cane Martini

• 6 ounces hot water
  • 3 tablespoons white hot chocolate mix (or your favorite mix)
  • 1 shot vodka (or more...)
  • Corn syrup or honey
  • 1/2 candy cane, crushed

1. Place corn syrup or honey on a plate and dip a martini glass in it. Place crushed candy cane on another plate and rim the glass with the candy.
  2. Place all ingredients in a martini shaker with ice. Shake carefully and strain into martini glass. Enjoy responsibly.
  3. Serves 1.

Enjoy!

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat TuesdayLil’ LunaSweet Treats SaturdayChic-and-CraftyI’m Lovin’ it FridaysStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartySundae Scoop Link Partyand all of these too!

36 Responses to “White Hot Chocolate Candy Cane Martini {Candy Cane Infused Vodka}”

1. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on December 19, 2012 at 5:13 pm (#)

I love that pink vodka. Hell, I’d take just the vodka and candy cane pretty pink vodka any day. That martini looks so good. I don’t drink anymore. Well, rarely. My Facebook says I lie, but I don’t. My nights out with alcohol are rare now.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I love the pink too, it’s so pretty! Thanks Lisa!

2. Megan @ The Pink Flour posted on December 19, 2012 at 5:23 pm (#)

I think I saw pumpkin vodka during the Halloween/Thanksgiving time, but haven’t seen peppermint or eggnog. I’m going to have to find some white hot chocolate mix and make this drink stat! Perfect holiday treat!

3. Lisa posted on December 19, 2012 at 6:49 pm (#)

YES!!!!!!! And you are absolutely right. Hangover + Kids = So ridiculously awful.

4. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on December 19, 2012 at 7:08 pm (#)

Oh yum. How cute are those little bottles. Pinning….

5. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on December 19, 2012 at 7:15 pm (#)

The photos are stunning, Dorothy! The drink + the gorgeous photos = I’m very thirsty now!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Thanks SO much Averie! (And..me too.:)

6. Heather @French Press posted on December 19, 2012 at 7:23 pm (#)

your photos are gorgeous! I’ve never had a martini – and I’m not a vodka fan – BUT…this looks like something I have to try!

7. Kristin posted on December 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm (#)

Re-gifting those little bottles is a genius idea…at age 22, I gave up vodka..something about it is so strong and causes the worst hangovers! I feel your pain.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

What’s funny? Last year I had a martini party and drank a LOT of martinis. I had less of a hangover than with a few glasses of wine! Weird.

8. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on December 20, 2012 at 4:10 am (#)

guess what?? my sister made candy cane infused vodka a few weeks ago, saving it for us on Christmas. Now I am even MORE excited!!!! i love martinis. :)

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Oooh, I’m jealous. I’m giving all mine away today!

9. Angie @ Big Bear's Wife posted on December 20, 2012 at 5:29 am (#)

OH my gosh! Look at that! You’re totally right, great mind do think alike! I was going to post mine today, but after I finished writing the post up yesterday I couldn’t wait to publish it. haha. I LOVE that White Hot Chocolate Candy Cane Martini! Since I just so happen to have some fabulous Candy Cane Vodka at the house I think I will be giving these a try… um.. TONIGHT! haha. Yay!! Love the crushed candy cane around the rim too!

10. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on December 20, 2012 at 5:51 am (#)

aw the good old days when you could actually hold your booze, those days are long long gone for me, but that’s okay, I promise to be the grandma that is always tipsy during the holidays, it should be fun;p

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

LOL, me too! Merry Christmas Sue!

11. Bobbi posted on December 20, 2012 at 7:05 am (#)

How clever! I love it! (and i’m totally the same way about booze. Lil’ bottles all the way. Enough to make 1-2 cocktails with them, and no big investment!)

12. Pingback: Candy Cane Infused Vodka | Crazy for Crust

13. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on December 20, 2012 at 8:36 am (#)

OH MY GOD. Can we start drinking already? And I mean now, not in like, five hours or something. Yes, I know it’s 8:30. Exactly my point. I need that damn martini!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

LOL! I’ll see you tonight!!

14. Erin @ Wholly Delicious Dish. es posted on December 20, 2012 at 11:04 am (#)

These look very, very good:) Man, I really wish I had some candy canes right about now. Guess the hubs will be making a stop at the store on the way home from work!

15. Karen @ Trilogy Edibles posted on December 20, 2012 at 11:07 am (#)

OMG I’m in adult treat heaven! These look awesome. Merry Christmas sweetie, hope you and your family have an awesome holidays. hugs

16. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on December 20, 2012 at 6:54 pm (#)

The worst thing that ever happened to me was having a hangover ONCE when Doodle was 2. OMG, never again. My tolerance went waaaaay down after I had a kid; ugh and I used to be so cool (?). I could definitely handle one of these martinis! SO awesome, Dorothy, and great pictures!!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I think that same thing happened to me! I learned early on… Thanks Ashley!

17. Back For Seconds posted on December 22, 2012 at 8:33 pm (#)

Holy cow! I want this in a bad way. Not only does it sound killer, but it’s so pretty! And pink! I have to do this. I heart martinis :)

• Back For Seconds replied on December 22nd, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Also, how do you get that transparent banner on your photo under the title? I like it!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 23rd, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I do it in picmonkey! Add a rectangular shape, make it the size you want, turn it white, and change the opacity. Then right click and send to back. :)

18. Pingback: Watermelon Lemonade Margaritas with a kid-friendly version! - Crazy for Crust

19. Pingback: Handmade Christmas | TidyMom