Mar 08

Whatever Friday

It’s Friday! It’s Friday! Yippee, it’s Friday!

1. Obviously I have comment service ADD. I am now back to blogger comments. I started getting more and more complaints about not being able to comment and the customer service at Intense Debate sucks. So, back to blogger. But of course I can’t keep all my old comments. So if you can do me a teensy favor and go back and comment on all my posts, that would be great. Thanks much.

{Just kidding.}

2. I posted about Leprechauns this week.

3. And about Dr. Seuss.

4. And how I hate softball.

But I don’t hate Thin Mints. I love them. Too much.

5. I’m not good at stress; this is not new. But lately I feel like I need some wine and valium to quell the anxiety. (No Mom, not together. I’m not Lindsay Lohan.) How do you handle stress? I exercise a lot already. I’ve tried yoga but I have way too much time to think between downward dog and warrior. What else can I do? Deep breathing? Longer baths? Shipping my kid off to sleep away school?

6. I recently read a great book, Breaking Silence by Linda Castillo. Turns out it’s book three of a series. I hate it when that happens, but luckily you don’t really need to read these in order. (But if I was just starting out, I would. The other two are Sworn to Silence and Pray for Silence.) They are an Amish crime thriller series and are SO good. What have you been reading lately?

Have a great weekend everyone!  See ya’ on the flip side.

13 Responses to “Whatever Friday”

1. Danielle and Trev posted on March 9, 2012 at 12:11 am (#)

This is all looking amAAAZING!! So glad I found your blog. My mouth is watering and it’s midnight… I’m in trouble! Newest reader :)

2. Amy posted on March 9, 2012 at 4:06 am (#)

Wine Valium an bath combo. That does it for me. Ok kidding. Just give me the wine and I’m good. Hope your weekend is great!!!

3. Aimee posted on March 9, 2012 at 4:55 am (#)

I’ve read all three books, and they are fantastic!!!

As for stress, I have no idea what you’re talking about. What is stress? hehe. Kidding of course. Unplugging myself from social media, turning the Tv off, and spending some time praying and reading helps!

4. Kristin@gratefulbelly.com posted on March 9, 2012 at 9:48 am (#)

Yummy posts this week!

5. Dip It In Chocolate posted on March 9, 2012 at 10:20 am (#)

Just finished my Thin Mints last night! AND my Tagalongs… I left one Samoa in its box though so I’d feel good about myself ;)

Looks like we both need a valium this week! Sorry about your comments :( I will try to make up for some of them.

6. Angi posted on March 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm (#)

Awwww…sounds like you need a big HUG…followed by a bottle of wine and night without the little one :) Not that we don’t love our kids, but every now and then us parents need our down time to “reboot”.

So, yes, take some deep breaths and schedule yourself some “me” time. Go get a pedicure and just chill.

7. Ellen posted on March 9, 2012 at 5:39 pm (#)

Unplug, my friend and walk away from the blog…We’ll be here tomorrow, not to worry! You do an amazing job, Dorothy! And, hey, it’s almost 5pm and so it’s cocktail time. How about you? :)

8. Julie E posted on March 9, 2012 at 6:21 pm (#)
  9. Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment posted on March 9, 2012 at 7:25 pm (#)

Chocolate helps me!! Sorry you lost your old comments- if it helps, you have made me a happier commenter:). Have a good weekend.

10. Kristin posted on March 9, 2012 at 9:37 pm (#)

I don’t feel particularly stressed these days, but I think I’m suppressing it into my subconscious. I’ve had all kinds of issues lately, so they have me on muscle relaxers. They do amazing things! I’ve had anxiety issues too, so I get it. Sometimes you don’t know how to fix it and you can’t identify the trigger. Dessert helps! I just started yoga too.

11. Amy - while wearing heels posted on March 17, 2012 at 6:34 pm (#)

When I come across blogs like yours, I wish I were a better baker…or that I lived next to someone that was. Chances are, you aren’t one of my neighbors though :(. Your family must love all your tasty treats. Such an adorable blog!

amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com