This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Elf Munch is a Christmas Snack Mix that’s really a sweet Chex Mix with pretzels, M&Ms and chocolate. This is a fun party snack or treat and the kids love it – and it’s great for giving too!
Table of Contents
Easy Christmas Snack Mix
If you are looking for the perfect Holiday snack to hand out at work, in class, or to neighbors, make some Christmas snack mix!! Elf munch is not only perfect for elves but humans too! It’s easy to make and is sure to bring some holiday cheer. It’s easy to make and if you love Chex Mix and Muddy Buddies you’ll absolutely LOVE this recipe.
Ingredients in Holiday Snack Mix
- Chex cereal – Use your favorite flavor. I used Rice Chex but you could use Corn or even one of the flavors like Cinnamon Chex.
- White chocolate chips – For the white coating
- Milk chocolate chips- You can also use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Christmas M&Ms- Any flavor, but make sure they’re the colorful Christmas ones!
- Pretzels – Any shape or size.
How to Make Christmas Snack Mix
- Prepare: Place three cups of rice Chex in two separate large bowls. Line two cookie sheets with wax paper
- Melt chocolate chips: Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute on HIGH. Stir and continue heating the chocolate for 30-second intervals until melted. If you are having trouble getting the chocolate to fully melt (I get it) add a teaspoon or two of vegetable oil, stir, and continue to melt. Then, it should melt smoothly.
- Coat: Once melted, immediately pour over one bowl of rice Chex and stir to coat. Spread on one of the wax-paper lined cookie sheets. Chill until hardened for about 5 minutes. Repeat step 2 with the milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips and the second bowl of rice Chex.
- Combine: While the chocolate Chex is chilling, stir M&M’s and pretzels in a large bowl. Once the chocolate and white chocolate-covered Chex are hardened and ready to go, break them into pieces and stir them together with the M&M pretzel mixture.
- Melt the chocolate in plastic Dixie bowls, they can go right in the microwave, and after you can throw them away for ease of use!
- You can swap out and add different snacks if you’d like, feel free to be creative! Try using pretzel rods instead of twists, or even add Goldfish crackers! Nuts such as almonds or cashews make for a great addition.
- You can serve this in a big bowl or in individual bags. For individual bags: place 1 cup of the Christmas snack mix into a fold-top sandwich bag and fold closed. Secure the bag with a staple and cut out the free printable included in this recipe. Fold it in half and secure it to the top of the bag with double-sided tape.
If you refrigerate your Chex mix while they are setting this will eliminate any potential sogginess.
You can add any small snacks that you’d like! If you don’t like pretzels substitute your favorite cracker. The possibilities are endless!
Store snack mix at room temperature in sealed bags or containers to stay fresh.
- 6 cups (210g) rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup (170g) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (170g) milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Christmas M&Ms any flavor
- 3 cups pretzels
- Place 3 cups of rice Chex in two separate large bowls. Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for one minute on HIGH. Stir and continue heating for 30 second intervals until melted. If you’re like me and can never get it to melt right, add a teaspoon or two of vegetable oil, stir, and continue melting. It should melt smooth. Immediately pour over one bowl of rice Chex and stir to coat. Spread on one of the wax-paper lined cookie sheets. Chill until hardened; about 5 minutes.
- Repeat step 2 with the milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips and the second bowl of rice Chex.
- While chocolate Chex is chilling, stir M&Ms and pretzels in a large bowl. Once chocolate and white chocolate covered Chex is hardened, break into pieces and add to the M&M pretzel mixture, then stir to combine.
- You can serve this in a big bowl or in individual bags. For individual bags: place 1 cup of mix into a fold-top sandwich bag. Fold closed and secure with a staple. Cut out the printable and fold in half. Secure to top of bag with double-sided tape.
- Store in an airtight container.
Other Fun Christmas Recipes
- Santa Munch Popcorn Mix
- Santa’s Favorite Cookies
- Christmas Drop Cookies
- Grinch Cookies
- Christmas Cookie Bars
Easy Christmas Snack Mix is the perfect elf munch! A snack for the holidays everyone loves – with a free printable for giving!
Last Updated on November 2, 2023