This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you want a quick and easy dessert, this Cake Batter Dip is a great one to try! It’s an easy chocolate dip made with devil’s food cake mix and cream cheese. It’s chocolatey, smooth, and creamy – pair it with fruit, cookies, pretzels, and pie crust dippers for a fun and easy treat.
Table of Contents
Four Ingredient Cake Batter Dip
Cake dip is also super versatile – have I mentioned it’s a cake mix dip? Yep, you can use all kinds of cake mixes to make this fun dip, but today it’s all about devil’s food cake mix. Chocolate fans: this one’s for you!
This is a quick mix and serve dessert – you only need 4 ingredients!
The dip is made with a dry cake mix combined with butter and cream cheese for a creamy, rich chocolate dip. It’s a great excuse to keep cake mix on hand in the pantry!
I love it as a fruit dip, but you can pair it with cookies or try my fun pie crust dippers with it.
It might look like a bowl of chocolate frosting, but this cookie dip with cake mix really does taste like chocolate cake batter. If you were a kid who loved to lick the beaters when your mom made a cake, you will love this cake batter dip with cream cheese.
What’s in Cake Dip
Softened cream cheese: Make sure it’s softened so there are no lumps in your dip.
Softened butter: Salted or unsalted works
Devil’s Food Cake Mix: Or any chocolate cake mix – dry mix only! You can also make this with yellow cake mix for funfetti cake dip – or use any flavor cake mix.
Milk: Nonfat or regular, or nondairy works
Powdered sugar: For sweetness!
How to Make Cake Batter Dip
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat them with an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the dry cake mix and three tablespoons of milk and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar to the cake batter mixture and mix well. Add more milk a few tablespoons at a time until the dip reaches your desired consistency.
- Give it a taste test and if it needs more sugar, add a little more powdered sugar. This will thicken the dip, so you may need to add a bit of milk to thin it.
What to Serve with Cake Batter Dip
I love this cake batter dip recipe with pie crust dippers! They are so simple to make – here’s what you will need:
- Refrigerated pie crust
- Melted butter
- Granulated sugar
Unroll the pie crust and cut out shapes. Place the cutouts on a prepared baking sheet, brush them with butter, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake them for five to seven minutes at 350°F. Let them cool before serving them with the dip.
You can also serve devil’s food dip with:
- Fruit like sliced apples, bananas, and strawberries.
- Pair it with shortbread cookies, gingersnaps, or vanilla and chocolate wafers. Or make it an animal cracker dip for the kids and pair it with a box of animal crackers!
- For a salty-sweet snack, pair the dip with salted pretzels, pita chips, or buttery crackers.
- Not into chocolate? You can use a different kind of cake mix! I love funfetti cake batter dip, but you can also try lemon, carrot cake, strawberry, and vanilla cake mix – there are a lot of options.
- Take it up a notch with a mix-in! Feel free to add crushed cookies, chopped nuts, or sprinkles to your cake batter dip.
- How to store cake batter dip: Cover the bowl of cake dip with plastic wrap and keep the dip in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to a week. Be sure to stir it well before serving. If it’s thickened up on you, add a little milk to thin it.
- Make it sugar-free: use sugar-free cake mix and Swerve sugar free powdered sugar!
More Dessert Dips Perfect for Entertaining
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Devil’s Food Cake Batter Dip Recipe
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, softened (or salted)
- 1 cup (128g) dry cake mix (any flavor)
- 1 cup (113g) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) nonfat milk (or any milk)
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Assorted dippers for serving
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add cake mix and powdered sugar and mix until crumbly.
- Add milk and mix until smooth, adding more milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Serve room temperature with assorted dippers. Top with sprinkles for garnish, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Use ANY cake mix or brownie mix for this – any flavor works.
This Devil’s Food Cake Batter Dip is perfect for entertaining! It’s so versatile and can be paired with almost anything – we love it with pie crust dippers.
Last Updated on June 2, 2022